Most annoying music?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Helloiseeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 Helloiseeu
Member since 2007 • 786 Posts

Okay, I've played a lot of video games and I've heard a lot of custom soundtracks from them. Most were pretty nice but some were annoying as ever! What game do you think has the most annoying soundtrack?

For me: City Life.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Chrono Cross. The violin that plays in the battle music makes my ears bleed, and made me want to avoid battles no matter how underleveled I was.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

In the 80's, sure, but in the 00's, there was no excuse for Xenosaga I only having ONE FRIGGIN' BATTLE MUSIC for the whole game until the final boss. :(

Oh, and explain why you hate it. Don't turn this thread into another flippin' list that needs to be locked.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
While I cant really say what one game my most hated music is from cause itr everywhere I know everyone has come in contact with it at one point...generic rock. That lousy, repetitive electric guitar chugging that is so overused whenever a game tries to be bad@^^. Most action games have it. DMC is passable generic rock, but thats where heavy soundtracks that dont make me want to hang myself end.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Wii Play's music is kind of gay for me. It gets annoying. Specially when the current score of the game appears.
Ishdul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ishdul
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts

The Burnout series and NHL series all have continually horrifying soundtracks. Many other big EA titles are along the same path but those are the main offenders.

As for original soundtracks, the Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution soundtrack was just boring and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance sounded like an NES game.

dark-DROID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dark-DROID
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts
the pokemon music is really epic, really annoyingly repetative though. also, the mario theme is pretty friggen old now, everyone knows how to play it on any instrument, its just an over played song now
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Halo 2 and 3. In Halo CE the soundtrack was great, but in the other titles it's overused and comes in at odd times.

I agree with the NHL series, the music is downright embarassing.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Really hardcore heavy metal music during gunfights in FPSs, like the one in the Alpha Prime demo. Horrible, can't concentrate.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

the pokemon music is really epic, really annoyingly repetative though. also, the mario theme is pretty friggen old now, everyone knows how to play it on any instrument, its just an over played song nowdark-DROID

The Mario theme never gets old! It's clas-sic masterpiece of gaming music, how can it get tiring?! :?

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

I was almost going to say rollercoaster tycoon. It actually has ONE music track in the whole game, but you hear it a lot. Yes, it's the merry go round which you pretty much always build at the start, and has this music going on through the rest of the game. Luckily you could also turn it off.

Still, it I'd hear that music track now, I'd just feel happy again because it reminds me of good times. It's just a very catchy tune actually.

just_for_kicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 just_for_kicks
Member since 2007 • 3509 Posts

Really hardcore heavy metal music during gunfights in FPSs, like the one in the Alpha Prime demo. Horrible, can't concentrate.ASK_Story

completely agree, not everybody likes that stuff so why do they have to put it in!!!!!

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
I still have nightmares about the menu music in Pro Evolution Soccer 2 on PS2.
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
That Billy Hatcher game
TobiasFunke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 TobiasFunke1
Member since 2008 • 69 Posts
Definetely Burnout 3 and Donkey Konga......awsome games but some really horrible music. And the Burnout game with the Avril Lavigne song in like 5 different languages. LOL
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Yaris Reason: It's annoying.
Helloiseeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 Helloiseeu
Member since 2007 • 786 Posts

I was almost going to say rollercoaster tycoon. It actually has ONE music track in the whole game, but you hear it a lot. Yes, it's the merry go round which you pretty much always build at the start, and has this music going on through the rest of the game. Luckily you could also turn it off.

Still, it I'd hear that music track now, I'd just feel happy again because it reminds me of good times. It's just a very catchy tune actually.

11Marcel

That merry go round is very annoyin'. Some of the other songs aren't so annoyin' for RCT