Fancydancing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fancydancing
Member since 2015 • 49 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I am loving W3 and I am fine with the glitches here and there. I am just curious as to the ones others have found and find most annoying.

The most annoying one I have come across happened at almost the very beginning of the game. My first contract with the devil by the well. I had leave the location about five times and return before I was able to fully slay the thing. One of the opponents abilities caused em to disappear and then re appear in different locations. needless to say at some points it completely stopped appearing. and I had to leave and return to quest area.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@fancydancing said:

Don't get me wrong, I am loving W3 and I am fine with the glitches here and there. I am just curious as to the ones others have found and find most annoying.

The most annoying one I have come across happened at almost the very beginning of the game. My first contract with the devil by the well. I had leave the location about five times and return before I was able to fully slay the thing. One of the opponents abilities caused em to disappear and then re appear in different locations. needless to say at some points it completely stopped appearing. and I had to leave and return to quest area.

I didn't have that happen in that quest, but I have noticed that sometimes a shade/ghost/whatever will just flee. I don't know if it's a bug or if the monster is just running away because it's getting it's ass kicked.

As for Witcher 3 bugs, sometimes the horse pathfinding can be a little bit touchy or he'll get hung up on an object in the road. I also get the occasional CTD with no error message, but I save frequently so it hasn't been much of an issue. Overall the game has actually been pretty solid for me from a technical standpoint.

-Byshop

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Collision free arrows is the most problematic bug for me in the game. The rest are typical open world glitches which I am fine with. I just now(5 minutes ago) ran into a glitch where the magic was not creating any effects and I was relying on magic ward for defeating the wraith. It wasn't too bad, I just stayed within range of the cast.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Byshop  Moderator

@Pedro said:

Collision free arrows is the most problematic bug for me in the game. The rest are typical open world glitches which I am fine with. I just now(5 minutes ago) ran into a glitch where the magic was not creating any effects and I was relying on magic ward for defeating the wraith. It wasn't too bad, I just stayed within range of the cast.

Yeah, actually. Now that you mention it I have noticed that NPC arrows don't appear to be obstructed by terrain or buildings. That -is- kind of annoying.

-Byshop

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pedro

@Byshop said:

Yeah, actually. Now that you mention it I have noticed that NPC arrows don't appear to be obstructed by terrain or buildings. That -is- kind of annoying.

-Byshop

The arrows are infused with the power from House of Flying Daggers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pedro

I am sure if anyone encounter this but the Blacksmith of Blackbough is showing up on the map but he is not at the location the map indicates and he cannot be interacted with.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

As someone who finds audio very important to creating atmosphere and helping in immersion, I'd have to say the music cutting on and off randomly. Whether it be talking to merchants (it should always be playing softly in the background), a cut scene, or sometimes just free roaming, there can be periods lasting minutes of nothing but stark silence. Also, the music doesn't loop many times. So a 5 minute track will play, then 2 minutes of nothing, then it'll suddenly start up again. Ugh.

These may be intentional design, but if they are, they're poor choices. Music should always be playing.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but the griffin's head was still tied to my horse after I received payment for the kill. Not sure why.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@Pedro: I have encountered it every time I go to Blackbough. So annoying. I usually go to where he works than I meditate for a few hours and he appears. Hopefully the new patch clears it up.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@fancydancing said:

I forgot all about that contract. I returned to it when I reached Level 10. Dispersed the wraith with a couple of hits. He He.

As for glitches? None so far. The game has been great so far.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11  Edited By cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

@Telekill said:

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but the griffin's head was still tied to my horse after I received payment for the kill. Not sure why.

Not a glitch, as you'll find the head in your trophy slot, or at least I think the slot was called 'Trophy'. Whatever's there will appear in that spot on your horse, Roach.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CleanB
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

-Letter for a quest isn't there so I can't finish it.

-Devil in the Well quest has a cloud of dust or smoke with a swirling noise following me around even though I already got rid of her.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MirkoS77

@Telekill said:

That's just the reward for the contract, the reward for the trophy is separate. You can sell them to most merchants, but they'll only give you like 20-30. There's a particular merchant who will pay you 250 for it.

LtRobbiesan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LtRobbiesan
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@Pedro: I noticed this too, but when I first arrived there is was something like 4am, so I meditated until 8am, and there he was. I think it is part of the 'realism' aspect of the game, where people do sleep, then get up for daily life. I kinda like it as it adds some realism/immersion.

eChampy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eChampy
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I can't even get the Siegemaster gwent card, I defeated the f... Nobleman in Wyzima 5-6 times and he just doesn't give me the card. This is the worst so far.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Geralt just can't walk down stairs. He always does a combat roll halfways and take damage. It's a minor thing that started out funny, now it's starting to get on my nerves when he rolls down the stairs on the outside of a tower and right off the cliff edge to imminent death.

Fancydancing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fancydancing

@CleanB: I had the same issue too. I had to reset the xbox one and then it was fixed.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

probably a jumping glitch. Geralt just constantly jumps and having to close out the game and restart to fix it.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

i've just passed a wooden bridge patrolled by guards when suddenly one of the guards started to sink into it until just his head was poking out of the floor. credit where it's due, it didn't stop him from carrying on patrolling

WowUrTall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 WowUrTall
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Telekill: You probably still have it set as a trophy

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Byshop  Moderator

@MirkoS77 said:
@Telekill said:

That's just the reward for the contract, the reward for the trophy is separate. You can sell them to most merchants, but they'll only give you like 20-30. There's a particular merchant who will pay you 250 for it.

Yeah, I thought that was a bug at first, too. Trophy's are actually equipment, and equipping them to your horse carries different beneficial stat bonuses.

-Byshop

Fancydancing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fancydancing

@MirkoS77 said:

As someone who finds audio very important to creating atmosphere and helping in immersion, I'd have to say the music cutting on and off randomly. Whether it be talking to merchants (it should always be playing softly in the background), a cut scene, or sometimes just free roaming, there can be periods lasting minutes of nothing but stark silence. Also, the music doesn't loop many times. So a 5 minute track will play, then 2 minutes of nothing, then it'll suddenly start up again. Ugh.

These may be intentional design, but if they are, they're poor choices. Music should always be playing.

After reading that comment I've become very aware of it... Thanks

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MirkoS77

@fancydancing said:
@MirkoS77 said:

After reading that comment I've become very aware of it... Thanks

You're welcome.

Absolute silence is deafening. Looks to me to be a bug, I think it'll be fixed as some merchants have music, others don't.