More details coming for Mass Effect at Comic Con

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Wooooooo

Link

If you’re looking forward to the next, still untitled Mass Effect game, July 26th is a date to mark on your calendar, as BioWare will be at Comic-Con International in San Diego and will have developers in attendance of a panel titled “Charting a Course: Developing the Next Mass Effect” to discuss the upcoming game.

The panel will be held at 2 PM in Room 25ABC and is described as follows:

Mass Effect developers from the Edmonton and Montreal studios discuss what it’s like to expand on a well-established and beloved video game franchise. Panelists Carl Boulay (lead animator), Fabrice Condominas (producer), Mike Gamble (producer), Noel Lukasewich (senior artist), and Jessica Merizan (community manager), share their experiences in shaping the next Mass Effect game with new possibilities while staying true to the critically acclaimed series. Moderated by Nerdist.com.

Considering the recent trend of rebooting everything, even when it doesn’t really need any rebooting, it’s good to hear that BioWare intends to stay true to the franchise. Hopefully we’ll be hear something more specific during the panel itself.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

co-op announcement.... :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

You and your co-op

Stop thinking they will ruin the game :D

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

it would improve the game. :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

it would improve the game. :)

Only for you, the rest of us would hate it :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Correction... Only for me AND my wing man.

You would like it too if you had a wing man... Or a wing girl.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

TPS 4 players spinoff.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I'd hate Co-op, I hate playing with other people.

I cant wait for the new Mass Effect to come out, I just hope its not Exclusive and its released across all platforms. I do not want it held hostage by one company.

It would make the game cost about £500 for me instead or £40-£50

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Niice. I'm really looking forward to hearing more on this game. I really loved the online 'Horde-type' mode in ME3 so I hope they expand on this in the new game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

got to be honest - i hate this about modern gaming. a game series reaches its natural conclusion and rather then creating something new, companies think "let's churn out a completely-unnecessary-but-likely-to-sell-because-people-recognise-the-name sequel."

if it's warranted and genuinely offers something new and exciting then ok great, but far more often than not that's not the case. i guess we'll know soon enough which camp this new mass effect falls into

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I am not the impressed by the way Mass Effect is going. Mass Effect 1 is still the best balance between Shooter and RPG out there. The rest of the Mass Effect games have not even reach the balance that Mass Effect 1 had.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Can't wait to hear some solid details about it... I just hope they don't ruin the core SP experience by going all MP/Co-op like every other game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

@wiouds said:

I am not the impressed by the way Mass Effect is going. Mass Effect 1 is still the best balance between Shooter and RPG out there. The rest of the Mass Effect games have not even reach the balance that Mass Effect 1 had.

agreed. the first is one of my favourite games of last gen, despite it being a bit rough around the edges. it was a great story with memorable characters, twists and an epic ending. despite the streamlining and improved shooting mechanics, the second felt like a step backwards. it had none of the charm of the first and dragged out what was essentially just one long recruitment mission. i couldn't even finish the third tbh

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu

@Wiouds

Mass Effect 2 and 3 had better gameplay.... Also, perfect balance is not a good thing. Balance just means balance, even bad games can be perfectly balanced.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Mass Effect 2 had the best gameplay of the series, and the RPG elements in ME one were great. The only problem was the interface. And 3's controls felt a little too fast and loose by comparison.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

The gameplay in 3 mass effects I though was really good, I didnt really have a preference in gameplay between each game. However the storyline is what separated them for me, and 1 & 2 were near perfect, I didnt feel as attached to 3.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiouds

@Macutchi: @mastermetal777: I find Mass Effect One to have the best game play out of all the current Mass Effects games because of the RPG elements and how they affect the game. Also, how you can can control the character growth is good as well.

The second one I found that although they improved the shooting the rest of the game play has fallen down. The improvements it made was nothing to the downgrades that happen.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mastermetal777

@thehig1: I like ME3, but the gameplay just feels too loose for my liking. And I agree with you. I felt attachment to my squad in ME 1 and 2, and it helped me connect more to the world and the story it was presenting. I understand the 3rd game was supposed to be the wrap-up, but it could've done it so much better than what they presented it as. It's not even the ending either. The entire course of events just feels rushed and unsatisfying.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiouds

@mastermetal777: ME2 was the teammate low point. They all seem top much the same. It is also when I notice the Bioware is good at telling parts of stories but not a solid story through the game.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mastermetal777

@wiouds: I have to disagree. The loyalty missions were the highlight in my opinion. Getting to really know your teammates and whether or not they were willing to go on a suicide mission with you was awesome to me. Plus, a lot of them felt unique with their powers, especially after the loyalty missions really gave them their best powers. I missed those in ME3, and they gave us 2 boring new characters to try and bond with: the meatheaded James and EDI, who has about as interesting a personality as jellied toast.

As for story, they remain fairly consistent. Yeah there are a few missed points here and there, but that comes with any story written by human beings. There's no such thing as a flawless story, and holes are gonna appear regardless. It's a good story/game that deceives you into thinking there's nothing wrong the first time through.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wiouds

@mastermetal777: The cast was too much of the same thing. I did not care about any of them at the end. To mean that all felt like we're bad*** but will will brood here until you come along and fix out easy problem.

ME3 felt right to me. Instead of introducing new characters they focus more on growing the older characters. I hate Jack in ME2. All the worst parts of Hope from FFXIII and none of the good, but in ME2 they did something with her.

The problem is that they are fragmented.

Main story time.

Pause

three side stories

In between deal with the character stories.

Main story ending time.

I like the character stories and events to be together. It feel more fake to me. Then again being interactive male the main character feel distant from it. ME3 was the only one of the game from Bioware that the main character feel like Shepard was apart of the setting instead of an outside. I like how they play off the history with Shepard. In fact I think the earned a fourth game for the main story with ME3 story. You push the reapers off earth and it is a turning point in the war.

I do not believe that being interactive means a story will be good. In fact I find most stories will be worse because they are interactive.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Fast and Loose ? Is that a good thing or bad ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@geniobastardo

All the more reason to include it.

Weren't table top RPGs played co-operatively ?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: It's kind of bad in my eyes. Powers come by quicker, but movement feels floaty, and the cover system isn't sticky enough. I found myself exiting cover when I clearly didn't want to just because I used a power or something. On top of that, the sprinting was way too fast in comparison to your normal running speed, making it feel clunky.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

It seems like that Mass Effect 3 mutiplayer co-op mode was somewhat popular around the masses, so expect it to come back in ME4!

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@geniobastardo said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

but...but..but it's an RPG.

the new Divinity allows you to play co-op and there's already mods out there for 4-player, though initially it was only intended to be 2. People seem to love the feature. Even when speaking to NPCs and making choices the game allows you to argue to your compatriot (or with yourself if you're playing both main characters) and play rock/paper/scissors to determine whose choice wins...unless you agree. Secret of Mana used to have co-op back in the day as well. Good memories with that.

It's kinda surprising that more RPGs don't implement campaign co-op, considering their roots.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Hmmmm.... I don't know, everything felt okay to me, it was like Gears, but with Powers.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulu_Lulu

@Ish_basic

Exactly ! :) plus I wouldn't be so hard on them if they did. :)

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: And that's the problem. Gears felt tight and responsive, while ME3 felt the opposite

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Not to me.... I got my head shots just, I couldve in between cover with, basicly the controller was an extension of my body and delivered Renegade justice in a neat and ordely fashion.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I just hope they don't ruin the core SP experience by going all MP/Co-op like every other game.

Agreed. ME did not need multiplayer especially if it affects the single player.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

This thread remains me that I have to still purchase and read those mass effect comics. I saw a book big collection of it going for 60 bucks last time I went to the store, but then I decided to hold off on it until I could get some time to re-immerse myself in the games just to have a better experiencing reading the comics.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I'd love for them to annouce some kind of Mass Effect trilogy for current gen consoles as well.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Can't wait. I was expecting to be presented with some solid info during E3 which didn't happen. I love Mass Effect and I've never felt as connected to a game character as with my Shepard so I'm looking forward to venturing into the galaxy that Bioware created once again. I just hope they have actual great plans and ideas instead of just milking the franchise.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#37 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am soooooo looking forward to this game!