MOH: Heroes 2. Wii review. Best FPS controls yet.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

8.4 rating over at IGN.

I'm definitely picking this one up, EA seems to have really come through here. Or should I say, Team Fusion. I don't know if I'd be interested in another WW2 shooter if it weren't for the Wii controls here, said to be better than Metroid Corruption and the best FPS controls on a console, period.

The online matches should be really great. Headshots abound. The best part is, no friend codes! Thank you EA. But imo the best news is that the campaign is solid.

Well, consider this my first MOH purchase since Frontline. I'll be getting Medal Of Honor, Mario Galaxy, and Tomb Raider Wii on the 13th. This month is killing me. I won't even mention 360 and PS3 games that release this same week....

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
Great. Now all they have to do is take those controls, apply them to a more interesting setting, and I'll pick that game up. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Great. Now all they have to do is take those controls, apply them to a more interesting setting, and I'll pick that game up. :POilers99

I'd love to see these Team Fusion guys do an original shooter on Wii. Same for Retro Studios ( and I wonder what they're working on ).

The beauty is, now that those 2 developers have finally showed everyone how its done, we should be seeing some much more high-quality stuff next year.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

[QUOTE="Oilers99"]Great. Now all they have to do is take those controls, apply them to a more interesting setting, and I'll pick that game up. :PEdgecrusherAza

I'd love to see these Team Fusion guys do an original shooter on Wii. Same for Retro Studios ( and I wonder what they're working on ).

The beauty is, now that those 2 developers have finally showed everyone how its done, we should be seeing some much more high-quality stuff next year.

If Team Fusion wants to work on an original FPS using the same mechanics they implemented for MOH: Heroes 2, that'd be great. However, I'd prefer Retro Studios do something completely different. Maybe revisit Raven Blade.

GT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GT90
Member since 2002 • 6256 Posts
I'd love to see what Free Radical could do with the controls. And I'll have to rent Heros to see how good the controls really are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

If Team Fusion wants to work on an original FPS using the same mechanics they implemented for MOH: Heroes 2, that'd be great. However, I'd prefer Retro Studios do something completely different. Maybe revisit Raven Blade.

Oilers99

Retro are revisiting Raven Blade. However, they're calling it Kid Icarus now. :P

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

If only that was a noteworthy accomplishment, rather than something that was bound to happen eventually :P

I assumed IGN would give it a great score, they'd been praising it more than any game outside of Zack and Wiki. I think GS will give it a 7-7.5.

I'll look into picking this up, the review never really was a factor to me.

Though I'm wondering what's taking so long with the Radiant Dawn review.

Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
If this game had been released two years ago, i´d be all over it. But i´m so sick of WWII shooters i don´t even like to read about them.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

If other reviews pan out nicely, I'd probably buy this game, purely to support the effort made by the dev team to make a serious, well formed game for the Wii.

I might be getting RE: UC as well, depending on reviews as well.

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts

If only that was a noteworthy accomplishment, rather than something that was bound to happen eventually :P

I assumed IGN would give it a great score, they'd been praising it more than any game outside of Zack and Wiki. I think GS will give it a 7-7.5.

tbone29

They didn't send us Radiant Dawn until this past Monday, and as you'd imagine, it's a pretty long game. We'll have a review up relatively soon.

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
[QUOTE="tbone29"]

AlexN

They didn't send us Radiant Dawn until this past Monday, and as you'd imagine, it's a pretty long game. We'll have a review up relatively soon.

Awesome, I plan on picking it up this weekend :)

So far, other than the game not pushing the Wii's power, I've been hearing good things. Doesn't hurt that I love Fire Emblem games either.

icream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 icream
Member since 2003 • 3181 Posts

"Simply log on to EA Nation, create an account (used instead of friend codes), find a lobby, and start playing."

Oh man, what's this quote all about? The only reason I'm thinking of getting this game is for MP. Are the servers being run by EA or something? I hate to find out that a year or so from now this game won't be supported online anymore.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I'd like to see more original FPS IPs and past ones revived and evolved on the Wii. A new Timesplitters would be great, for example, online and everything! Maybe another Metroid game dedicated to online only...probably people will disagree with me on this one, but like Prime Hunters but with Wii-mote controls. Also, can Team Fortress 2 work on the Wii? Hmm...I know that Gabe Newel loves the Wii and wants to work on it. I hear Portal is considered by Valve.

Honestly, I just wet myself by thinking about Team Fortress 2 on the Wii. It probably won't happen but I think with the art $tyle, it would work great!

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
If this game had a slightly nicer price, it'd be a much more attractive prospect and I'd most likely get it just for the controls. As it is it's over the equivalent of $60 for me which is just too expensive I think given the amount of great games out in this time period.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

Betrayalton by Edgecrusher no less :(

I put months into a thread, update it 12 times, with previews, screens videos, impressions. I was the only guy who put any stock in this title, endured the laughing and the mockery...... and my old pal Edgey (yes Phoenix wright reference there) doesn't put it in THE thread.Let me ask you a question: Where else can ymi and Skylock argue about FPS controls?! I ask you!

...... is anyone actually reading the review or just commenting on how they don't like WW2 games? :?

EDIT: Well just finished reading the review and it sounds great. I will be picking this up, maybe for christmas since we are so close. Control is great, 60 FPS, enemies tough. Game sounds good and looks like it will be the only WW2 game post-frontline that I'll enjoy. I like how they've brought it back to a more Bond st-yle shooting experience. I reccomend that everyone here buyit, send a message out there that well made efforts will get attention and not lazy cash ins on the system.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
I haven't been really tracking this game. I just assumed it was another WWII game. What's the reason for the hype? I'm not trying to insult the game. I really want to know.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
I haven't been really tracking this game. I just assumed it was another WWII game. What's the reason for the hype? I'm not trying to insult the game. I really want to know.LordAndrew
High quality of controls, supposedly, and 32 player online multiplayer on the Wii are the main reasons, I suppose.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Great. Now all they have to do is take those controls, apply them to a more interesting setting, and I'll pick that game up. :POilers99

Indeed. And preferrably not another FPS with a faceless suited-up super soldier.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gaminggeek

I haven't been really tracking this game. I just assumed it was another WWII game. What's the reason for the hype? I'm not trying to insult the game. I really want to know.LordAndrew

Try reading my thread on the subject.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordAndrew

Okay. I just read the thread. Sounds like the controls are the biggest reason you guys are excited for the game.

But next time warn me before sending me into a conversation about circle strafing. :)

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gaminggeek

Okay. I just read the thread. Sounds like the controls are the biggest reason you guys are excited for the game.

But next time warn me before sending me into a conversation about circle strafing. :)

LordAndrew

I think Matt C's closing comments are pertinent:

"I recently did buy Call of Duty 4 for Xbox 360, on the other hand, wholly because of its gorgeous presentation. And I added Medal of Honor Heroes 2 to my collection for an entirely different reason: it controls better than any other home console FPS ever -- and yes, as Boz noted, that includes Prime 3.

We've all become so focused on the next big leap in graphics that we sometimes forget that very few innovations have been introduced to home console-based first-person shooter control. For as good as the console version of Call of Duty 4 looks, the controls in Medal of Honor Heroes 2 absolutely spank it (the PC build is another story), and there's something to be said for that. If you're comfortable enough with the Wii remote to crank all the sensitivity settings to the maximum and drop the dead zone down to nothing, you'll be able to point and shoot with a level of speed and accuracy previously unseen on Wii or any other home system. I absolutely love it."

CAD-Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CAD-Monkey
Member since 2002 • 124 Posts
[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]

gaminggeek

"I recently did buy Call of Duty 4 for Xbox 360, on the other hand, wholly because of its gorgeous presentation. And I added Medal of Honor Heroes 2 to my collection for an entirely different reason: it controls better than any other home console FPS ever -- and yes, as Boz noted, that includes Prime 3.

We've all become so focused on the next big leap in graphics that we sometimes forget that very few innovations have been introduced to home console-based first-person shooter control. For as good as the console version of Call of Duty 4 looks, the controls in Medal of Honor Heroes 2 absolutely spank it (the PC build is another story), and there's something to be said for that. If you're comfortable enough with the Wii remote to crank all the sensitivity settings to the maximum and drop the dead zone down to nothing, you'll be able to point and shoot with a level of speed and accuracy previously unseen on Wii or any other home system. I absolutely love it."

Do those sensitivity controls lock the aiming reticle to the center of the screen? That thing dancing all over the place drives me nuts.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LordAndrew
That was discussed in the topic gaminggeek told me to read.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
[QUOTE="AlexN"][QUOTE="tbone29"]

tbone29

Awesome, I plan on picking it up this weekend :)

So far, other than the game not pushing the Wii's power, I've been hearing good things. Doesn't hurt that I love Fire Emblem games either.

Yeah I'm playing Fire Emblem right now. Its basically like a continuation of the last one on Cube. That goes for everything about it; graphics, controls, gameplay, etc. If you liked that one, you'll like this one.

BTW, that's pretty bogus that the big N didn't send G-spot a copy until Monday. I guess they didn't want you guys reviewing it before release. Or maybe they just forgot, just as they forgot to market the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Betrayalton by Edgecrusher no less :(

I put months into a thread, update it 12 times, with previews, screens videos, impressions. I was the only guy who put any stock in this title, endured the laughing and the mockery...... and my old pal Edgey (yes Phoenix wright reference there) doesn't put it in THE thread.Let me ask you a question: Where else can ymi and Skylock argue about FPS controls?! I ask you!

...... is anyone actually reading the review or just commenting on how they don't like WW2 games? :?

EDIT: Well just finished reading the review and it sounds great. I will be picking this up, maybe for christmas since we are so close. Control is great, 60 FPS, enemies tough. Game sounds good and looks like it will be the only WW2 game post-frontline that I'll enjoy. I like how they've brought it back to a more Bond st-yle shooting experience. I reccomend that everyone here buyit, send a message out there that well made efforts will get attention and not lazy cash ins on the system.

gaminggeek

:lol:

Sorry bro, I completely forgot about that thread. I looked 2 pages deep before posting this and didn't see any MOH threads, so I went for it. My bad. You make so many threads of brilliance that I can't keep up.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

gaminggeek

Personally, I think he sounds foolish. Instead of simply praising the game on its own merits he was stupid enough to bring a superior game like COD4 into the mix for no damn good reason other than hyperbole.

Call of Duty 4 isn't scoring 9's and 10's merely for graphics and presentation and his whole "spank" comment was ridiculous. I've played plenty of games on my Wii including the excellent MP3 and the much touted accuracy of the Wimoteis reallyover-hyped. Even assuming the Wimote application is asgreat a leap as the editorial implies, an accurate recticle and smooth aiming functionality doesn't change the fact that all of this is still rooted in yet another mediocre-looking WWII game with dated visuals and stale scenarios.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on this game and I'll be proven wrong as the reviews come in but I think this particular shooter is really a non-event waiting to be ignored. Honestly, I have more interest in playing Red Steel thanthis game.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
So if MP3 made console shooters obsolete and MOH: H2 makes MP3 obsolete why the hell am I wasting my time with a mediocre game like MP3? :(
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gaminggeek
Cause Samus is hawt?