MMO's really that great?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlmostUndead
Member since 2006 • 1673 Posts

A lot of my friends play WoW, and keep telling me to buy it. Thing is I am not a fan of the MMO genre. I don't get whats so great about MMO's. They got a lack of story, repetitive gameplay, game never ends, and a cost each month. I am a fairly hardcore gamer, but I don't see anything good with MMO's. Everything you do on a MMO can be accomplished on XBL, or regular pc game (sony network too). If its playing CoD4, GoW, UaW, C&C3, etc. They all have verying gameplay that spices things up, and you only have to buy it no monthly payments (unless you get XBL monthly).

I want to know your guys and girls opinions on MMO's and what is so great about them.

PerilousWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 PerilousWolf
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

I hated MMOs about 2 years ago. My friend made me buy WoW. I'll tell ya. Its alot of fun, a great game and you will meet lots of great friends on it. As long as you manage your time on it and dont raid too much is perfectly fine. The cost is nothing (Infact you would save money from not buying other games),

So I'd say get WoW. If your friends play it you will have lots of fun talking to them and questing with them. I don't play WoW now personally but I admit its a great game. It has the ability to turn MMO haters into lvl 70 raiders.

AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AlmostUndead
Member since 2006 • 1673 Posts
The another thing with WoW, I like futuristic type games. Star Wars, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, ect. I liked Anarchy Online for the longest time, because it gave you more freedom in picking skills and so on. I love the futuristic settings. Thing is no one wanted to play it soooo I quit MMO's as a whole until a maybe popular sci fi MMO comes out.
visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#4 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

A lot of my friends play WoW, and keep telling me to buy it. Thing is I am not a fan of the MMO genre. I don't get whats so great about MMO's. They got a lack of story, repetitive gameplay, game never ends, and a cost each month. I am a fairly hardcore gamer, but I don't see anything good with MMO's. Everything you do on a MMO can be accomplished on XBL, or regular pc game (sony network too). If its playing CoD4, GoW, UaW, C&C3, etc. They all have verying gameplay that spices things up, and you only have to buy it no monthly payments (unless you get XBL monthly).

I want to know your guys and girls opinions on MMO's and what is so great about them.

AlmostUndead
The another thing with WoW, I like futuristic type games. Star Wars, Deus Ex, Mass Effect, ect. I liked Anarchy Online for the longest time, because it gave you more freedom in picking skills and so on. I love the futuristic settings. Thing is no one wanted to play it soooo I quit MMO's as a whole until a maybe popular sci fi MMO comes out.AlmostUndead
Wow you sound so much like me. I prefer present day to futuristic games. I am not going to be the one to convince you to play MMO's cause I dont like them myself.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Never ends? That's a strange argument. MMOs last as long as you want. I usually stop playing when I hit the max level. Endgame content isn't for me and no one is forcing you to keep playing either. Except possible addiction. I've been a big MMO fan since Ultima Online. It's simply great because there's no other genre like it. Just like with every genre.