MLB The Show announced for PS4. 40,000 individual hairs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -
#2 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

HAIR!!!! Long beautiful hair!

So that is what next gen is for. No more bald space marines.

#3 Posted by Epak_ (6763 posts) -

Are we finally at particle hair?

#4 Edited by Ish_basic (3901 posts) -

Is that first guy supposed to be Jayson Werth?

anyway, good news for Red Sox fans, who will clearly get the most mileage from this technology.

#5 Posted by Namgis (3570 posts) -

anyway, good news for Red Sox fans, who will clearly get the most mileage from this technology.

I believe that is Werth. And I was thinking the same thing about the Sox fans when I saw the gif. They might force a delay of the game in order to add their beard tugging celebrations. I bet Lincecum is wishing he kept his locks now.

#6 Edited by BranKetra (47530 posts) -

What an excellent use of technology. Seriously

#7 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18097 posts) -

40,000 individual hair.

That's almost half as much as the hair on GME's belly

#8 Posted by Ish_basic (3901 posts) -

@Namgis said:

@Ish_basic said:

I believe that is Werth. And I was thinking the same thing about the Sox fans when I saw the gif. They might force a delay of the game in order to add their beard tugging celebrations. I bet Lincecum is wishing he kept his locks now.

Gah, I just saw on Sportscenter that the Sox all shaved their beards. Way to ruin it, Boston. We still have Brian Wilson, I guess. Game's gonna crash every time he comes out of the bullpen.

#9 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

40,000 individual hair.

That's almost half as much as the hair on GME's belly

Almost but not quite! *rubs belly*

Anyways I don't even think that picture looks good so .... not impressed.

#10 Posted by kljohns2 (398 posts) -
#11 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Came in to post exactly this. I expect a perfectly rendered version of Napoli's shelf-beard or NO SALE.

#12 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

So its going from 150K polygons on the PS3 to 1 million on the PS4, is feature complete and is going from 42 unique crowd models to a thousand. Not bad for an early game.

Between MLB, Infamous, the now postponed Drive Club and what will no doubt be a metric ton of indie games, looks like the PS4 will avoid the usual post-launch dry spell.