Miyamoto won't be directly involved in Mario games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

It's seems this is it for him and Mario games

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/04/miyamoto-wont-work-on-the-next-mario

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

well he has been saying for a while that he would be Stepping back a bit to let younger people Work more on titles. Might be part of that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

It might be because he wants to work on a new IP. I vaguely remember him saying that at one point.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride

@AvatarMan96 said:

It might be because he wants to work on a new IP. I vaguely remember him saying that at one point.

He will be working on smaller projects. Overseeing Mario games will be his responsibility, but more in the sense of a producer and not the director

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@AvatarMan96 said:

He has been saying that for a decade now but all he manages to do is work on and talk about the same old shit. Nintendo can not create new content, if they do it will suck and fail and Nintendo will just go right on milking the same old franchises it has been forever.

Next thing you know youll actually believe hideo kojima everytime he says he wants to quit metal gear and go do something new.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@AvatarMan96 said:

He will be working on smaller projects. Overseeing Mario games will be his responsibility, but more in the sense of a producer and not the director

So he'll still have far too much power, and will still demand alterations to the younger developers work that will essentially make it his work, and essentially we will still be playing the way he wants us to play. Sounds like not much has changed, to me. But change is incredibly slow at Nintendo.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@AvatarMan96 said:

So he'll still have far too much power, and will still demand alterations to the younger developers work that will essentially make it his work, and essentially we will still be playing the way he wants us to play. Sounds like not much has changed, to me. But change is incredibly slow at Nintendo.

We won't know until a few years from now

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

I doubt I'll hang around long enough to wait and find out. I can't even use a major component of the next game because of him and his dunder head idea that you should see the faces of the people you are playing with. This is not Japan, it is not a densely packed Island. I'm a grown beyond full time employed man and most all of my gaming friends moved out of state as we got older, most of my local friends and all of my family do not game at all. In the article about why Mario 3D World lacks online co-op options he said they would take another look at it in about a decade.

So I'll be in my forties before Nintendo catches up. Enough.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I doubt I'll hang around long enough to wait and find out. I can't even use a major component of the next game because of him and his dunder head idea that you should see the faces of the people you are playing with. This is not Japan, it is not a densely packed Island. I'm a grown beyond full time employed man and most all of my gaming friends moved out of state as we got older, most of my local friends and all of my family do not game at all. In the article about why Mario 3D World lacks online co-op options he said they would take another look at it in about a decade.

So I'll be in my forties before Nintendo catches up. Enough.

I haven't really played that many games since the N64 days from Nintendo

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Can't even pretend to care.

I don't hate Nintendo or anything. But I just really don't care. Eventually their system will have enough games I want to try and be priced at a point where I'll feel it's worth it. In the interim... I just can't be bothered with whatever their internal makeup happens to be anymore. Mario 3D world looks decent enough. Could be very fun... heck it will LIKELY be very fun. But I'd never buy a system just to play a Mario title no matter how good it is. If I kill anymore Goombas in my lifetime, I'm afraid PeTA will throw blood on me or something.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

@dvader654 said:

He can do whatever he wants, he earned it.

Says Nintendo fan after 30 years of service.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Maybe I just haven't been keeping up with Nintendo, but it's seemed like he hasn't been all that involved anyway, at least not to the degree he once was.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I wonder what his next new game will be. This is Miyamoto-san talking about, so everyone expects it to be great.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Clearly Miyamoto died in the 90s, kinda like Paul McCartney. The one we see today is an impersonator.