Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

We haven't heard much from Mojang since the rights were sold to Microsoft. Will they make a sequel or will they continue updating it and adding new things similar to PC's ?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

For some reason I've been playing minecraft more than ever lately on the 360.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Because of mods and childeren this game will carry on for some time but who can say for how long? IDK...

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I have a hard time seeing just what a sequel to Minecraft would have. There's already texture packs that gives you the look you want, user made mods that gives you tons of additional content one which gives you what is known as carpenter blocks that lets you make slopped blocks that you can move on and give the look of any other block in the game, Animation mods, improved sound packs, lighting and shadow.
And so forth.

I honestly think there will be one Minecraft and then the other games that tries to build on the concept like Ace of Spades, Terraria, Don't Starve and such.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dylandr

@Treflis: Don't starve? that looks nothing alike... and terraria was more enjoyable in my eyes... although i agree Ace of Spades felt like a Mod for the game....

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Young_Charter
@thehig1 said:

Survival or Creative ? And any particular reason why on that console ?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

i think it'll have a big resurgence again when microsoft package an updated version / sequel with the hololens

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Young_Charter
@Macutchi said:

i think it'll have a big resurgence again when microsoft package an updated version / sequel with the hololens

Do they own Minecraft itself or just that particular version ? I was thinking Mojang could have the rights to at least do a sequel for their own.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Young_Charter said:
@thehig1 said:

Survival or Creative ? And any particular reason why on that console ?

Survival for now, have played creative a lot in the past and built some pretty cool stuff. For now I'm enjoying survival mode with a friend.

I'm playing it on the 360 for a few reasons

1 - My friend owns a 360, so the only way for us to Co-op together was on the 360

2 - I understand the PC version is better, bigger world more features and mods, however I think a game is only as good as its controls and I never got the hang of fluently controlling the PC version. The main issue was the Ice effect while flying, you seemed to slide to a stop when you stop moving, rather than an instant stop like on the 360 version. It makes precision building way more tedious than it needs to be. If there was a patch or a mod that fixed the PC flying I would play the PC version.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Young_Charter

@thehig1: I hear that. I will admit I wish I invested in the PC version before I had headed over to the PS3 or PS4 version. I built so much to the point the PS3 version can lag. But I plan on transferring my PS3 data to PS4. Thanks to PSN+ I was able to cloud store my data before my PS3 had reformatted itself lol.

Co-Op on Survival mode is awesome. You kinda appreciate it from a different perspective comparing to creative mode.

But one thing I wish you could do is transfer your console data to PC. . .

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@dylandr said:

@Treflis: Don't starve? that looks nothing alike... and terraria was more enjoyable in my eyes... although i agree Ace of Spades felt like a Mod for the game....

Didn't say they looked the same nor were a copy of Minecraft, Said they built on some of the same concepts of Minecraft.
Don't Starve built on the survival aspect of the game and getting the needed resources.
Ace Of Spades built on the block look that the game has
And Terrarria built on the overall aspect of the game but with a 2D look.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@thehig1 said:

All the non-PC versions of Minecraft run in C++, compared to the ridiculous Java the PC version uses. It's one of the rare times that the console version is better than the PC version.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@thehig1 said:

All the non-PC versions of Minecraft run in C++, compared to the ridiculous Java the PC version uses. It's one of the rare times that the console version is better than the PC version.

Except for the console versions constantly lagging behind the PC version in terms of features.

-Byshop

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Macutchi

@Young_Charter: they bought mojang iirc

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EPICCOMMANDER
@Byshop said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@thehig1 said:

Except for the console versions constantly lagging behind the PC version in terms of features.

Max draw distance is the best feature, and the Xbox version has that as the standard setting.

The UI is extremely unfriendly with a controller though. That's pretty much my only complaint with it compared to the PC version.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Byshop  Moderator

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Max draw distance is the best feature, and the Xbox version has that as the standard setting.

The UI is extremely unfriendly with a controller though. That's pretty much my only complaint with it compared to the PC version.

No, there are a slew of in-game features like craftable objects, animals, machines, etc that the PC version is consistently ahead on. Here's what was added in the most recent large console update in the last few months:

Hardened Clay
Stained Clay
Block of Coal
Hay Bale
Activator Rail
Block of Redstone
Daylight Sensor
Dropper
Hopper
Minecart with Hopper
Minecart with TNT
Redstone Comparator
Weighted Pressure Plate
Beacon
Trapped Chest
Firework Rocket
Firework Star
Nether Star
Lead
Horse Armor
Name Tag
Horse Spawn Egg

Mobs:

Wither
Wither Skeleton
Witch
Bat
Horse

Some of these items and mobs have been in the PC version since 2012. The standard development cycle for Minecraft is PC gets it first, then consoles/pocket editions get it later.

-Byshop

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EPICCOMMANDER
@Byshop said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

No, there are a slew of in-game features like craftable objects, animals, machines, etc that the PC version is consistently ahead on. Here's what was added in the most recent large console update in the last few months:

Hardened Clay

Stained Clay

Block of Coal

Hay Bale

Activator Rail

Block of Redstone

Daylight Sensor

Dropper

Hopper

Minecart with Hopper

Minecart with TNT

Redstone Comparator

Weighted Pressure Plate

Beacon

Trapped Chest

Firework Rocket

Firework Star

Nether Star

Lead

Horse Armor

Name Tag

Horse Spawn Egg

Mobs:

Wither

Wither Skeleton

Witch

Bat

Horse

Some of these items and mobs have been in the PC version since 2012. The standard development cycle for Minecraft is PC gets it first, then consoles/pocket editions get it later.

-Byshop

I guess I should have specified I was talking about when the xbox 360 version was originally released. Back then I thought it was far superior to the PC version until they cut down the CPU usage in the PC version a little over a year ago.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Young_Charter
@Macutchi said:

@Young_Charter: they bought mojang iirc

Are you serious ?? Link ?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi

@Young_Charter: https://mojang.com/2014/09/yes-were-being-bought-by-microsoft/

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dylandr

@Treflis: The survival and crafting is not taken from minecraft it is an standard thing, in most survival games it was done before and done after because it is basic.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Byshop  Moderator

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

I guess I should have specified I was talking about when the xbox 360 version was originally released. Back then I thought it was far superior to the PC version until they cut down the CPU usage in the PC version a little over a year ago.

Everything I described (and more) applies to the 360 version. If you don't deal with some of these objects in the PC version or make complex redstone machines then these things might not make a difference to you or you may not have ever noticed the differences, but the console versions always lag behind the PC version when it comes to new additions to the world. That has just been the standard development cycle for Mojang, although maybe that'll change now that Microsoft is driving.

-Byhsop

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

@Young_Charter: It's still huge with childrens so I don't see it going away. Power rangers never died (IDK why)

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Young_Charter

@Byshop said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Everything I described (and more) applies to the 360 version. If you don't deal with some of these objects in the PC version or make complex redstone machines then these things might not make a difference to you or you may not have ever noticed the differences, but the console versions always lag behind the PC version when it comes to new additions to the world. That has just been the standard development cycle for Mojang, although maybe that'll change now that Microsoft is driving.

-Byhsop

I could see those changes happening. Can you see Microsoft making certain things exclusive to xbox and pc ?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Byshop  Moderator

@Young_Charter said:

I could see those changes happening. Can you see Microsoft making certain things exclusive to xbox and pc ?

They aren't that dumb. To do so would reinforce every negative reaction that everyone had to MS buying Mojang.

-Byshop

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Young_Charter

@Byshop said:

@Young_Charter said:

They aren't that dumb. To do so would reinforce every negative reaction that everyone had to MS buying Mojang.

-Byshop

Minecraft as so much potential to be more. I really wish they had some tools similar to the little big planet series. However PC can make all of those things happen without the developer's consent.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

It must be. My little cuzin each time he comes over asks if I have it. And I don't. I wondered why they payed him 12.5 billion for the game when it had been out for far too long to bring back anywhere near that amount. Actually can anyone tell me of a game that ever made 12.5billion in revenue?