Microsoft pays gamers $25 to play the Halo 4 single player campaign

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18197 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-amex-card-holders-credited-25-for-completing-game-6399387

This only works if you have an Amex credit card associated with you xbox live account. If you do, microsoft will pay you 25 bucks to beat the single player campaign of the imminent Halo 4 on Normal or Hard. Beat it on Legendary for a chance to win a ticket to E3 2013.

Aside from this being a pretty cool offer, I think it's really funny that a publisher is actually offering people money to play the most overlooked portion of their game.

"Yeah, we're sorry you just spent $60 on our game. We'll give you 25 back if you actually play it" :lol:

#2 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Sad state of affairs when companies have to pay people to play the offline portion of a game.

#3 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5650 posts) -

Sad state of affairs when companies have to pay people to play the offline portion of a game.

Shame-usBlackley
Yeah... True that.
#4 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Interesting promotion. Have to imagine it's a very limited offer. Doubt either Microsoft or American Express would be willing to give out cash for beating Halo 4 a few months down the line.

If I had an Xbox, I'd almost consider getting the game day one just to see if I could win that E3 contest. But then, I'm already covered (for the most part), so...

#5 Posted by lloveLamp (2890 posts) -
god damned visa
#6 Posted by dkdk999 (6738 posts) -
Why in the world would they do that ? I mean $25 ? Why would you even spend money on it if you thought no one was going to play it ?
#10 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15499 posts) -

Well at least some people will actually play the campaign unlike most players.

#12 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Its actually $35 if you preorder it ro something

#13 Posted by yokofox33 (29226 posts) -

You also get 10 bucks just for syncing your card. So essentially you're getting 35 bucks back for beating Halo 4. I'm only paying 48 thanks to Newegg, so when all is said and done I'll have paid 13 bucks for Halo 4 :lol:

Personally, I think it's pretty cool. If companies want to give me money back for beating their game I'm not going to complain. It's better than getting some stupid avatar.

#14 Posted by Archangel3371 (15262 posts) -
Pretty awesome deal unfortunately it's not one I can take advantage of. :(
#15 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

I plan on playing and finishing the single player before starting the online mode....

#16 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -
So I can rent it, beat it and get money out of it? Well, sh!t.
#17 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I'd like to do this just to get a shot a going to E3, but unfortunately I don't have a credit card hooked up to XBL, much less an American Express one...

#18 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

hrt_rulz01

Yeah... True that.

*In Claptrap Voice*

ZING!

#19 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

What with achievements developers and publishers can see playthrough rates. Perhaps MS feels that too many are not giving the SP a chance (I never played it myself heard good things about the SP of Reach from gamers I trust). Its an odd way to go about stoking up interest, but it does demonstrate committment and confidence.

#20 Posted by D3s7rUc71oN (5180 posts) -

I dont know about some of you guys but Halo Reach is the best in the series imo and Im the big, big Halo CE fan.

#21 Posted by dkdk999 (6738 posts) -
Why even spend money on the campaign if you don't think people are going to play it ?
#22 Posted by yokofox33 (29226 posts) -

Why even spend money on the campaign if you don't think people are going to play it ? dkdk999

I'm probably one of the few people who plays Halo for its campaign. I never play online.

#23 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Sounds like a deal to me (though I'm not getting Halo 4).

It is odd for MS to be offering this, is there something wrong with the campaign or something?

#24 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18197 posts) -

Sounds like a deal to me (though I'm not getting Halo 4).

It is odd for MS to be offering this, is there something wrong with the campaign or something?

ShadowMoses900
Nothing wrong with it per se. Microsoft is, for all intents and purposes, the bait here. Who's really running the offer is the credit card company, I believe, using Halo to get the gaming community to open accounts with them. I just thought it sounded incredibly silly that anyone would offer to refund you up to 55% of the price of their product if you prove you actually went and used it.
#25 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -

Shame-usBlackley
LOL
Why in the world would they do that ? I mean $25 ? Why would you even spend money on it if you thought no one was going to play it ?dkdk999
Its talking about the CAMPAGIN. Most people just go straight online.
#26 Posted by neotheinstein (208 posts) -

Fair warning: Getting the special Legendary ending is going to require a lot of tough work. - says IGN.