Microsoft making a VR headset for X1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72491 posts) -

It seems MS wants to get in on this aswell and have filed patents and are working on it aswell as Sony. Personally i think it's a gimmick and it won't be succesful. But if the big companies think they can make money off from it, then by all means make them

Link

#2 Posted by barrybarryk (436 posts) -

Microsoft filed a patent in 2011 for some AR goggles (not a VR headset) along with a load of stuff that was in a leaked document pre-Xbox One reveal, none of it has been seen since.

I have no doubt MS have been experimenting with VR somewhere, but it's not in that document or anything to do with the patent everyone started recirculating since Sony announced theirs

#3 Posted by wiouds (5262 posts) -

great more worthless 3d goggle that have nothing to do with VR and could hurt gaming more.

#4 Edited by wallacom (45 posts) -

Even if not, they will make the Oculus Rift compatible with the X1.

#5 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

I hope they realize it's a waste of time. VR is a gimmick that PC gamers get all excited about just to ride down a roller coaster or something. It has no useful purpose for actual gaming.

#6 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

I hope they realize it's a waste of time. VR is a gimmick that PC gamers get all excited about just to ride down a roller coaster or something. It has no useful purpose for actual gaming.

The US military and NASA have been using VR for many years. Its not a gimmick

#7 Posted by wiouds (5262 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@darthgumballs said:

I do not think of 3D images as VR unless you can those 3D movies as VR as well.

#8 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@wiouds said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darthgumballs said:

I do not think of 3D images as VR unless you can those 3D movies as VR as well.

so I dont understand.

but yes 3d and vr are two completely different things

#9 Edited by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

I lovegreat music.

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72491 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

I do not get it either. I think it's a gimmick