MGS5 officially announced! Trailer and loads of Fox Engine examples inside.

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

ifuq2VsgPpfDT.png

Streams (Archive):
GDC 2013 Panel

Trailer:
Gametrailers (HD)
Official YouTube (HD)

Gameplay
YouTube (HD)
YouTube Mirror (HD)

The first open world MGS - the beginning is linear though since it serves as tutorial
- Currently schedulded for Xbox 360 + PS3 (Maybe even next-gen consoles, possible announcement at E3)
- Trailer is in real-time, running on Kojima Production's FOX Engine
- Snake is NOT voiced by Hayter (?) Rumor: Kiefer Sutherland
The crazy truth behind Joakim is..

- MGSV = Ground Zeroes + The Phantom Pain: "Ground Zeroes is a prologue of MGSV. 9 years after that event will be The Phantom Pain. MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game TPP. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of TPP which is tutorial that starts from crawling." - Joakim Mogren
- Snake wakes up 9 years after being in a coma and has lost many of his movement capabilities
- The whole hospital sequence is basically the tutorial of MGSV
- A bandaged man who introduces himself as Ishmael tries to help Snake to escape

#2 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Well that sucked. This is who he interviewed.

Basically it was just a cheesy way to say in GDC we will get a new trailer and every thing will be revealed. So we will know what is going on with Ground Zeros and MGS5, are they the same game. What consoles will it be on? All in two weeks.

#3 Posted by Archangel3371 (15486 posts) -
Funny but pointless if you were looking for info. I'm really looking forward to seeing this at GDC.
#4 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18404 posts) -
You know you live in a silly world when gamespot censors "Moby Dick" in the thread title :lol:
#5 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -
Whatever Kojima's on, he needs to cut the dosage. That was painfully stupid.
#6 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Kojima has lost his mind.

#7 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

The interview with Miyamoto was also hilariously pointless. 'No, I don't have any new info for you, but I do have a couple silly hats! Do you want to pose with me?'.

#8 Posted by t1striker (1549 posts) -

Funny but pointless if you were looking for info. I'm really looking forward to seeing this at GDC.Archangel3371

I don't see it as pointless because we now know that it is a hideo kojima game(fox engine), or at least a kojima production game.

#9 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Funny but pointless if you were looking for info. I'm really looking forward to seeing this at GDC.t1striker

I don't see it as pointless because we now know that it is a hideo kojima game(fox engine), or at least a kojima production game.

We all knew that already.
#10 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Only Kojima and Metal Gear can lead to this much insanity. So a thread in gaf is speculating that the man in the interview was CG. Prepare for the carnival of stupid

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524364

This is the level of tin foil hats you got:

Points worth noting:

• The upper eyelids only half drop. The attached skin doesn't move at all. (i.e. the eyebrow, the recess below the eyebrow)
  • The lower eyelids simply don't move. I don't know about you, but I can't move my upper eyelids independently of the lower. More-so, when you are shocked or taken aback by something, the natural is to winch/squint.
  • The point of light in his pupil doesn't move in relation to his head movement. In fact it's static within the pupil at all times.
  • The shadows around the bandages on the right of the image are not consistent with the head movement
If that was CG then Kojima is the new master of the known universe and we should all bow to him. But there is NO CHANCE that was CG. That was a real dude.
#11 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Why are some people saying this is Cliff Bleszinski? :?

#12 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
Updated the thread to now become the MGS hype thread. Full crazy story sum up in first post.
#13 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol Kojima is hilarious. 

#14 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18404 posts) -
Updated the thread to now become the MGS hype thread. Full crazy story sum up in first post.dvader654
What the? I don't even...? What the f*ck is going on?!
#15 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

:lol:

The thread is CRAZY. 

OMG the tally so far

#16 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Oh man there is this:

The GDC panel is called "Photorealism through the eyes of a 'Fox'"

Help me guys, I am becoming Team CG... Maybe certain parts of that could be CG but there was totally a real person in that interview.

OMG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#17 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Oh man there is this:

Help me guys, I am becoming Team CG... Maybe certain parts of that could be CG but there was totally a real person in that interview.

dvader654

I am team CG. I have only seen stills and it looks real, but at the same time I have seen CG stuff that's impossible to tell apart from the real thing. THe guy wearing a mask practically gives it away. Much easier to do CG. 

#18 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

OMG at that Seinfeld gif! That has to be a Sunhi gif. He always picks the best clips. It has to be!

#19 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

Oh man there is this:

S0lidSnake

I am team CG. I have only seen stills and it looks real, but at the same time I have seen CG stuff that's impossible to tell apart from the real thing. THe guy wearing a mask practically gives it away. Much easier to do CG. 

Watch the interview, its real. MAYBE that final shot of him being surprised was a switch. Maybe the presentation will be of how they could switch between CG and real and no one could tell... listen to us. AHHHH its infecting my brain.
#20 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Updated the thread to now become the MGS hype thread. Full crazy story sum up in first post.Black_Knight_00
What the? I don't even...? What the f*ck is going on?!

Ok. You know that Phantom Pain trailer from the VGAs? The trailer said the game was made by Moby Dick studios. Joakim something is the CEO of that studio but no one's heard of that studio before. Joakim is an anagram of Kojima. Geoff Keighley interviewed Joakim last night and he showed up looking like that. He was never in the same frame as Keighley which lead people to believe that he was CGi. Kojima is f*cking crazy. 

#21 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

Oh man there is this:

dvader654

Watch the interview, its real. MAYBE that final shot of him being surprised was a switch. Maybe the presentation will be of how they could switch between CG and real and no one could tell... listen to us. AHHHH its infecting my brain.

lol just watched it. His head is sticking out. It's obvious that he is behind a green screen. or somethign like that. Notice how Keighley talks about the new screens before they appear on the iPad. Some of it is definitely CGi.

Kojima is amazing.

#22 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

lol just watched it. His head is sticking out. It's obvious that he is behind a green screen. or somethign like that. Notice how Keighley talks about the new screens before they appear on the iPad. Some of it is definitely CGi.

Kojima is amazing.

Well of course he is in front of a green screen, the background is fake. It was a skit basically, not a real interview.
#23 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18404 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

Kojima is amazing.

I watched it and I don't know about Joakim, but Geoff Keighly is definitely CGi
#24 Posted by Archangel3371 (15486 posts) -
OMG this is so awesome. Those guys at GAF are brilliant. I love that Joakim/Geoff MGS pic and the Seinfeld gif is freakin' hilarious. I so want Joakim to be CG to blow everyone's minds.
#25 Posted by Archangel3371 (15486 posts) -

Why are some people saying this is Cliff Bleszinski? :?

Vari3ty
I was hoping it was him at first but I don't think it is. Would have been pretty awesome if it was though.
#26 Posted by c_rakestraw (14615 posts) -

This is insane. I love it. We need more ridiculous stunts like this.

Is this what Kojima always does to hype Metal Gear games?

#27 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

This is insane. I love it. We need more ridiculous stunts like this.

Is this what Kojima always does to hype Metal Gear games?

c_rake
Its a combo of Kojima leaving hints and then the fanbase going crazy and taking it to the extreme, as in this case. He plays with us.
#28 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I really don't understand this. Are Ground Zeroes and MGS5 two different games, or the same thing?

#29 Posted by DuaIFace (506 posts) -

I cannot even belief some poor saps have given up the critical thinking to put forth that this fictional character, Joakim, is any part of CG. Really!? REALLY!? C'mon FOX Engine is nice, but you jokesters need to stop already.

#30 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Considering that the cover of the latest edition of Edge is about Konami's attempt to make convincing looking people, the allegation that the bandaged guy is CG makes sense.

E252: Inside Konamis quest to create gamings most believable visuals

fox

We examine Konamis bid to reclaim its place in virtual sports with the next Pro Evo, and take a close look at PS4, its controller and its games.

#31 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

I really don't understand this. Are Ground Zeroes and MGS5 two different games, or the same thing?

Vari3ty
We do not know. It seems we will find out soon.
#32 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
I've heard about MGS5 and it sounds pretty cool, but i've never played any other of the MGS games. I could probably pick up the 4'th, but I don't see me going back to the others, Graphics bother me. So considering I never played the others, i'll prob be lost, and am not going to get it.
#33 Posted by McStrongfast (4270 posts) -
So which ons is it Gamespot? Real or CG?
#34 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -
#35 Posted by BranKetra (48442 posts) -
This is funny.
#36 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Sometimes I think technology is becoming too advanced... can't even tell if a damn guy in an interview is CG or not. :|

#37 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Gaf thread still does not disappoint

This reply:

This thread is worthy of its own anthropological doctoral dissertation.

We've got skeptics blaming believers for perpetuating nonsense, believers blaming skeptics for closed mindedness and cruelty, only to have the skeptics turn the cruelty argument around on the believers, and meanwhile the believers camp is being fragmented into several schools of thought that are basically all the same but somehow crucially different in their interpretation of what to believe!

Ladies and gentleman, I give you The Birth of Religion: A NeoGaf Reenactment.

#38 Posted by c_rakestraw (14615 posts) -

This reply:

We've got skeptics blaming believers for perpetuating nonsense, believers blaming skeptics for closed mindedness and cruelty, only to have the skeptics turn the cruelty argument around on the believers, and meanwhile the believers camp is being fragmented into several schools of thought that are basically all the same but somehow crucially different in their interpretation of what to believe!

dvader654

I really need to start reading NeoGAF more.

#39 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -
Seems to me like Team CG is gaining momentum. Geoff replied and simply said the thread was amazing, he also retweeted the seinfield gif.
#40 Posted by ActionRemix (5707 posts) -

Seems to me like Team CG is gaining momentum. Geoff replied and simply said the thread was amazing, he also retweeted the seinfield gif.dvader654
The shadow flicker is pretty convincing. An alleged professional animator said it looked like mocap.

PS: Open your eyes ;)

#41 Posted by istuffedsunny (6984 posts) -
lol People getting hyped up over some faceless actor in a throwaway interview... This is troubling, Kojima needs to show new MGS footage fast.
#42 Posted by t1striker (1549 posts) -

[QUOTE="t1striker"]

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Funny but pointless if you were looking for info. I'm really looking forward to seeing this at GDC.dvader654

We all knew that already.

Yes we all pretty much knew it was a kojima game, but this "interview" was just a way to confirm it.

#43 Posted by The-Gamer (109 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

dvader654

We do not know. It seems we will find out soon.

I believe it's part of one and the same thing. But we won't know for sure until GDC.

#44 Posted by Archangel3371 (15486 posts) -

This reply:

dvader654
Brilliant, simply brilliant. I'm Team CG btw.
#45 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

There is an HD version of the interview up at Gametrailers, watch that and tell me you think it is fake. I saw it on TV, its impossible that is CG. 

Lets say it is, you would be telling me that Kojima somehow created the most advanced CG in the history of mankind, something that must have cost a ton of money and decided to first show it on some show that airs at 1am on cable. This CG can never be used in games since it cannot be done in realtime so all this time and money put into something that cant be used in their games. What is the point?

Team Real or Team Logic.

#46 Posted by Archangel3371 (15486 posts) -
But I want to believe. :cry:
#47 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

CG or not this is ridiculous.

All the speculations, all the false faces, all the hidden identities, all the unshown footage, all the sneakiness. I've never seen such a massive amount of deception in my life. Kojima, I've never played the Metal Gear games, I probably won't ever, but well done, sir. You've caused quite a pandemonium amongst your fans and others that just levels this entire escapade to levels of insanity.

#48 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

There is an HD version of the interview up at Gametrailers, watch that and tell me you think it is fake. I saw it on TV, its impossible that is CG. 

Lets say it is, you would be telling me that Kojima somehow created the most advanced CG in the history of mankind, something that must have cost a ton of money and decided to first show it on some show that airs at 1am on cable. This CG can never be used in games since it cannot be done in realtime so all this time and money put into something that cant be used in their games. What is the point?

Team Real or Team Logic.

dvader654

Now you are overanalyzing it. You had it right the first time. It's part CGi, part real. 

L.A Noire tech wasn't CGi. It was realtime. Add some more polygons, some better skin shaders and 8GB of RAM (;p) and some next gen games could easily look like that. Keep in mind, we didn't see his face. 

#49 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

CG or not this is ridiculous.

All the speculations, all the false faces, all the hidden identities, all the unshown footage, all the sneakiness. I've never seen such a massive amount of deception in my life. Kojima, I've never played the Metal Gear games, I probably won't ever, but well done, sir. You've caused quite a pandemonium amongst your fans and others that just levels this entire escapade to levels of insanity.

Goyoshi12
But I dont know if it is all Kojima. The Phantom Pain thing and the made up studio yeah, but we can see through that easy. The whole CG or real could be totally fan made. Still this is nothing compared to what he did with MGS2. He hid the main character of the game until launch.
#50 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

Team Real or Team Logic.

S0lidSnake

Now you are overanalyzing it. You had it right the first time. It's part CGi, part real. 

L.A Noire tech wasn't CGi. It was realtime. Add some more polygons, some better skin shaders and 8GB of RAM (;p) and some next gen games could easily look like that. Keep in mind, we didn't see his face. 

But we got his eyes and movements. If its CG its the greatest human replication of all time.