mgs1's plot: some questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bawathegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bawathegamer
Member since 2007 • 1498 Posts

was liquid snake aware that the pal key had to be changed into 3 differnt keys based on the temperature?? were the personal files of baker which otacon finds,that explain how to deactivate metal gear rex forged by liquid to make snake activate it?

i understood everything of the plot line,its just this whole key thing that confuses me. ok liquid coudnt get it from baker.baker gave it to meryl.meryl gave it to solid snake. snake finds out from bakers personal files about how to use the 3 keys.unless liquid forged that info, wouldnt entering the 3 keys have deactivated rex.??

also when snake is listening in on ocelot and liquid ,were ocelot and liquid aware of snake listening in on them (snake appears on the screen in front of ocelot);and were they talking faking the whole 3 keys converstation to trick snake to do it?

also the group of foxhound including wolf,mantis,liquid etc ...........were they the entire foxhound group or just the ones who rebeled?

sorry for the questions, but theyve been nagging at me for some time.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

was liquid snake aware that the pal key had to be changed into 3 differnt keys based on the temperature?? were the personal files of baker which otacon finds,that explain how to deactivate metal gear rex forged by liquid to make snake activate it?

i understood everything of the plot line,its just this whole key thing that confuses me. ok liquid coudnt get it from baker.baker gave it to meryl.meryl gave it to solid snake. snake finds out from bakers personal files about how to use the 3 keys.unless liquid forged that info, wouldnt entering the 3 keys have deactivated rex.??

also when snake is listening in on ocelot and liquid ,were ocelot and liquid aware of snake listening in on them (snake appears on the screen in front of ocelot);and were they talking faking the whole 3 keys converstation to trick snake to do it?

also the group of foxhound including wolf,mantis,liquid etc ...........were they the entire foxhound group or just the ones who rebeled?

sorry for the questions, but theyve been nagging at me for some time.

bawathegamer

It's been a while since I've played MGS1 but I'll try to clear it up as best I can:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To launch the nuke and activate metal gear, two codes were needed. Baker's code and the DARPA cheif Donald Anderson's code. Baker gave up his code when he was tortured by Ocelot. Ocelot "accidentaly" killed the DARPA cheif during his torture so he could not get his code but, he let Baker think that the DARPA cheif had given up the code. I think Liquid suspected that there was another way to activate metal gear and the nuke but was unsure of exactly how to do so and, when he had found out, Meryll had escaped and her and Snake proved quite difficult to capture. Yes, all of Foxhound's members at the time were at the rebellion however past members like Col. Cambell and Solid Snake were not.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

For what console? Just kidding, they're both the same game story-wise...

donwoogie hit the nail on the head with that one. Still, TC, your question about Liquid and Ocelots conversation is something I always wondered my self. Did they really know that Snake was there and just put on a performance, or were they really ignorant of Solids presence.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

For what console? Just kidding, they're both the same game story-wise...

donwoogie hit the nail on the head with that one. Still, TC, your question about Liquid and Ocelots conversation is something I always wondered my self. Did they really know that Snake was there and just put on a performance, or were they really ignorant of Solids presence.

Cesar_Barba

Well, in my opinion, it was a mixture of both. At first, they let him pass in order for him to find out an alternate way to turn on metal gear and the nuke (as expressed by raven after he had the tank battle with snake). When they discovered how to activate the keys, then they genuinely hunted Snake, then they realised there was a trick to them so they let him play out his game again and activate it for them.

trmather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trmather
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
Yes, that was the whole point of making Snake do it. Liquid was a devious and clever fellow.