MGS Vs. Thief Vs. Hitman Vs. Splinter Cell Vs. Dishonored.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sundayismyDAD (400 posts) -

I created a new poll with no Assassin's Creed. I Still have not played Dishonored.

#2 Posted by biggest_loser (24011 posts) -
They're all different in style. Most of these are stealth-action. Thief is the only pure stealth game.
#3 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -
  • Metal Gear Solid = Movie, the series will be responsible for the death of gaming.
  • Theif = Haven't played it, can't judge it.
  • Hitman = All games have been excellent, haven't playe Absolution, but I have heard that it's good.
  • Splinter Cell = Ruined, Ubisoft killed it with Crapviction, never played double agent.
  • Dishonored = Haven't played it, don't plan to as I own a PS3 and it's got the Bethesda logo on it.

So overall, Hitman wins, followed by Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid takes last place. Can't judge Theif and Dishonored.

#4 Posted by Heirren (16300 posts) -
After hearing "playable movie" in regards to MGS4 a million times, I was very surprised that it had so much gameplay--and dynamic gameplay at that.
#5 Posted by JogsterXL (299 posts) -
Metal Gear Solid for me, Thief wasn't that great, Hitman and Splinter Cell (besides the new ones) are great, but still not as good as MGS in my opinion. I haven't played Dishonored yet, so I can''t comment on that.
#6 Posted by biggest_loser (24011 posts) -
Metal Gear Solid for me, Thief wasn't that great, Hitman and Splinter Cell (besides the new ones) are great, but still not as good as MGS in my opinion. I haven't played Dishonored yet, so I can''t comment on that.JogsterXL
Have you played all 3 Thief games?!
#7 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

MGS is still my favorite, but the Thief series is also amazing. MGS and Thief are the kings of stealth, but if I had to pick one it would be MGS because it did so much for that genre.

Splinter Cell is also very enjoyable but not quite there yet for me, and Dishonored is only stealthy if you play it that way, but the game is very easy as you can just use freeze time and run through everything.

#8 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -
My fav game of all time is probably MGS 1, but I voted for Dishonored simply because it deserves it. MGS is such a classic series everyone knows of it's quality by now.
#9 Posted by GhostSniper117 (17 posts) -
Sam Fisher assassinates all other games, Hands down.
#10 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

And you STILL have forgotten Tenchu :|

#11 Posted by sundayismyDAD (400 posts) -

I just Realized that I did not change the title.

#12 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

I just Realized that I did not change the title.

sundayismyDAD
Why would you remove Dishonored and add Batman?!
#13 Posted by JogsterXL (299 posts) -
[QUOTE="JogsterXL"]Metal Gear Solid for me, Thief wasn't that great, Hitman and Splinter Cell (besides the new ones) are great, but still not as good as MGS in my opinion. I haven't played Dishonored yet, so I can''t comment on that.biggest_loser
Have you played all 3 Thief games?!

I only played the first one many years ago and didn't really like it at the time, but my taste in games has changed since then so I should probably go back and replay it again, along with the sequels.
#14 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

For pure, true stealth gameplay, Thief simply can't be beat.

#15 Posted by The-Gamer (109 posts) -

From those I have played, clearly Metal Gear Solid.

#16 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18201 posts) -
See? Isn't everything better when people follow my advice? ;)
#17 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

• Metal Gear Solid = Movie, the series will be responsible for the death of gaming.
  • Hitman = All games have been excellent, haven't playe Absolution, but I have heard that it's good.
  • Splinter Cell = Ruined, Ubisoft killed it with Crapviction, never played double agent.
  • Dishonored = Haven't played it, don't plan to as I own a PS3 and it's got the Bethesda logo on it.

So overall, Hitman wins, followed by Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid takes last place. Can't judge Theif and Dishonored.

RageQuitter69

Your opinion on Metal Gear is insanely ignorant.

And Dishonored was published by Bethesda and developed by Arkane. It runs perfectly on the PS3.

#18 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

IndianaPwns39

And Dishonored was published by Bethesda and developed by Arkane. It runs perfectly on the PS3.

How is my opinion on Metal Gear Solid insanely ignorant?, all gamers want nowadays is Metal Gear this and Mass Effect that, soon the entire industry is going to be games like Metal Gear Solid and Mass Effect and when that happens, gaming will be dead. And maybe I might try Dishonored then, I gameplay footage impresses me, but I have been avoiding the game due to thinking it was made my Bethesda.
#19 Posted by Planeforger (15488 posts) -

MGS is still my favorite, but the Thief series is also amazing. MGS and Thief are the kings of stealth, but if I had to pick one it would be MGS because it did so much for that genre.

ShadowMoses900
MGS did more for the genre than Thief? It didn't even have proper light/Dark mechanics! :P Anyway, Thief. For all the reasons we always post about it.
#20 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

RageQuitter69

How is my opinion on Metal Gear Solid insanely ignorant?, all gamers want nowadays is Metal Gear this and Mass Effect that, soon the entire industry is going to be games like Metal Gear Solid and Mass Effect and when that happens, gaming will be dead. And maybe I might try Dishonored then, I gameplay footage impresses me, but I have been avoiding the game due to thinking it was made my Bethesda.

A few reasons. Gamers are outspoken and excited for new Metal Gear titles because they're excellent games. Like Zelda, they become timeless classics because the fans are devoted and interested in the series, not because they want more games to be like it (and honestly, what really plays like Metal Gear). And, like Zelda, the series isn't constantly beating us over the head with frequent releases.

This generation we had Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker. That's it. In the same amount of time, a game series you love, Saints Row, has had 3 releases. So you honestly think Metal Gear will be the death of gaming based on what? That there's less of it than the games you like?

Finally, Metal Gear Solid 4 has overly long, sometimes tedious even cutscenes, yes. It also has very open ended, very dynamic gameplay that allows you to conquer various situations in a number of ways. I've played the game three times and each time was significantly different. I'm getting ready to play it a fourth time for a trophy run, and that'll be completely different as well I'm sure.

Calling it a "movie" and "the death of gaming" is just wrong.

#21 Posted by Archangel3371 (15266 posts) -
Definitely Metal Gear Solid for me although I need to play Dishonoured sometime in the future.
#22 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Hitman and Dishonored are awesome.