Metroid games on GBA?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -
which one is the best? oh ya, is there a super metroid remake?
#2 Posted by summer_star17x (2683 posts) -
there's NES metroid, Metriod Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission.

i hear Fusion is best
#3 Posted by VGobbsesser (15614 posts) -
Metroid Zero Mission was my favorite GBA Metroid.It captures that true "Metroid" feeling,which Fusion felt like it was missing at times.But both are still fantastic titles,and you really can't go wrong with either.
#4 Posted by Saruman1719 (12466 posts) -
Zero Mission destroys Fusion. Way too much hand holding in Fusion.
#5 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

which one is the best? oh ya, is there a super metroid remake?nintendoman562

Classic NES Metroid
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion

Metroid Zero Mission is the best of the three available, and if you get it and complete the game once, it unlocks the original Metroid, making c1assic NES Metroid redundant. Metroid Zero Mission is basically a remake of the original Metroid, but there is no remake of Super Metroid.

Metroid Fusion may not be as good as MZM, but I certainly don't think it's a bad game either. It's a true sequel to Super Metroid, and builds off of the storyline for that game quite nicely. It's also the last game in the series in terms of timeline, and has a Spiderman-like story twist involving Samus and the Metriods which may show up in future Metroid games.

Finally, if your GBA has GB backwards compatibility in it (all but the Gameboy Micro do), then you can also play Metroid 2: Return of Samus on it. Even though the game is a black and white Gameboy game, the GBA actually automatically colorizes it for you.

#6 Posted by BlackIsle_rip (1183 posts) -

Zero Mission destroys Fusion. Way too much hand holding in Fusion.Saruman1719

True, but it was still my favorite of the three. I thought that it had some of the best level design of any Metroid game.

#7 Posted by Saruman1719 (12466 posts) -

[QUOTE="Saruman1719"]Zero Mission destroys Fusion. Way too much hand holding in Fusion.BlackIsle_rip

True, but it was still my favorite of the three. I thought that it had some of the best level design of any Metroid game.

That's cool. I still love it too, but I never really felt that sense of isolation you normally get from a Metroid game. Besides being told where to go all the time, just when I thought I could be alone, that damn computer just doesn't seem to leave you alone.

#8 Posted by _AbBaNdOn (6518 posts) -

Havent played Zero Mission but Fusion isnt worth a crap. It only took me 7-9 hours to beat and that was without a guide or anything. Waaaay to short.

#9 Posted by Marfoo (5994 posts) -
True, Zero Mission was a much more independent adventure, but Fusion was a pretty unique game, I enjoyed it a lot. I lost my Zero Mission cartridge, I need to get a new one.
#10 Posted by chow_MEIN_k1D (212 posts) -
i have NES metroid for gba. i beat the whole game in there.
#11 Posted by DeerhunterIA (681 posts) -
Well, it appears I might be the only one that likes Fusion. I thought it was great. I really enjoyed it.