Metal gear solid timeline/story line

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -

Is this the right order (time line)

Metal gear solid 3

Metal gear solid Portable ops

Metal gear solid

Metal gear solid 2

Metal gear solid 4

#2 Posted by jt4mtb (2352 posts) -

You sir are correct. I'll also mention that the original two Metal Gear games on the MSX fall in between Portable Ops and MGS1.

#3 Posted by MetalGear_Ninty (6337 posts) -

Almost. It goes:

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2

Metal gear Solid 1

Metal Gear Solid: Mobile

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

#4 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -

Ok, next question - is there anywhere that has the storylines for each?

I've played metal gear solid, and metal gear solid 2 - and now i'm playing metal gear PO on the psp.

I don't want to read it all from the beginning, I just want to read up on the two gamers I have already played, as I have forgotten what happened!

#5 Posted by jt4mtb (2352 posts) -

I've played metal gear solid, and metal gear solid 2 - and now i'm playing metal gear PO on the psp.

I don't want to read it all from the beginning, I just want to read up on the two gamers I have already played, as I have forgotten what happened!

angryfodder

Wikipedia would be a good start. I believe they still have the plot summaries for each game on their respective pages.

#6 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

jt4mtb

Wikipedia would be a good start. I believe they still have the plot summaries for each game on their respective pages.

awesome nice one.

I am just trying to work out if "Snake" is a complete spanner with memory loss or not lol

#7 Posted by jt4mtb (2352 posts) -

awesome nice one.

I am just trying to work out if "Snake" is a complete spanner with memory loss or not lol

angryfodder

Yea, well keep in mind that the Snake in PO is not the same as the one in MGS1 & 2.

#8 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

awesome nice one.

jt4mtb

Yea, well keep in mind that the Snake in PO is not the same as the one in MGS1 & 2.

He's big boss right?

I think its starting to make sense to me, but my head is now starting to hurt lol

#9 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -

June 1st I plan on playing all the Metal Gear games through from the start to bone up for MGS4.

#10 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -

lol - even the nintendo ones!?

After months away from it, I have got back into portable ops. If/once I get through it, i'll take a look for a copy of mgs3.

#11 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -

lol - even the nintendo ones!?

After months away from it, I have got back into portable ops. If/once I get through it, i'll take a look for a copy of mgs3.

angryfodder

I have the Subsistence version of MGS3, so on the second disc it has the Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. So yes, I will be playing all of them in chronological order to refresh myself with the story. Seeing as how the games are reletively short, I figure two weeks should be plenty of time to play through all of them.

#12 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -

Yeah, that will be the copy I am purchase I think - as they say its def the better choice. Better camera or soemthing.

#13 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -

Yeah, that will be the copy I am purchase I think - as they say its def the better choice. Better camera or soemthing.

angryfodder

The newer camera was hit and miss. In some places it made things better, while other times it was a hassle. I thought it was a great idea that they gave you the option to change the camera with a click of the button though. The Subsistance version is great though. Be sure to check out the extra videos on disc number two....there are some pretty funny ones.

#14 Posted by King9999 (11835 posts) -
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

Canvas_Of_Flesh

The newer camera was hit and miss. In some places it made things better, while other times it was a hassle. I thought it was a great idea that they gave you the option to change the camera with a click of the button though. The Subsistance version is great though. Be sure to check out the extra videos on disc number two....there are some pretty funny ones.

I wish the online game was still around, though...that was the first game to make me go online with the PS2.
#15 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"][QUOTE="angryfodder"]

King9999

I wish the online game was still around, though...that was the first game to make me go online with the PS2.

Same here. They killed it waaaay too quickly, but I guess they couldn't run MGS3 and PO servers at the same time for very long. Makes you wonder what'll happen to PO when the PS3 MGO comes out.
#16 Posted by jt4mtb (2352 posts) -
[QUOTE="King9999"][QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"][QUOTE="angryfodder"]

MAILER_DAEMON

Same here. They killed it waaaay too quickly, but I guess they couldn't run MGS3 and PO servers at the same time for very long. Makes you wonder what'll happen to PO when the PS3 MGO comes out.

Yea, I miss throwing people to the ground in MGO and the knifing them as the get back up... ahh, good times. That and using Raikov and use his 'grab' move on everyone.

#17 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"][QUOTE="King9999"][QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"][QUOTE="angryfodder"]

jt4mtb

Yea, I miss throwing people to the ground in MGO and the knifing them as the get back up... ahh, good times. That and using Raikov and use his 'grab' move on everyone.

I just had too much fun with white phosphorus. :P And wouldn't you know it, my favorite weapon's not in PO. :evil:
#18 Posted by jt4mtb (2352 posts) -

I just had too much fun with white phosphorus. :P And wouldn't you know it, my favorite weapon's not in PO. :evil:
MAILER_DAEMON

haha, yea I know what you mean. I had a lot of fun playing with a group of friends once we figured out how to duplicate items (note the process to do it wasn't practical in a serious game). Nothing quite like running around a small map, and everyone has a flamethrower...

#19 Posted by HoodedFigure (171 posts) -
So I think Metal Gear solid 4 will be a good game.....although I don't like the fact that u are in the middle of the desert. I hope there will be some action inside a building.
#20 Posted by DocsDeLorean (2512 posts) -
I'm up to date with the whole story. My friend isn't though. After playing MGS3, he thought Big Boss was Solidus because of the eye patch. I doubt he watches even half the cutscenes.
#21 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -

I'm still not 100% sure of the whole story! Not that it really matters.

I've completed PO now and I have finally found a copy of subsistance, so I am playing through snake eater - which is awesome (I like prequals)