Metal Gear Solid 5 stealth reveal!!!!!! First teaser shown at VGAs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Today the VGAs got a mysterious trailer made by a company that doesn't exist and a game with a character that looked a lot like Snake from Ground Zeros. The game was titled The Phantom Pain. Clearly it was MGS related but upon closer inspection it is NOT Ground Zeros. It is in fact Metal Gear Solid 5.

Merr9.jpg

It says Metal Gear Solid V in hidden letters.

Metal-Gear-Solid-Ground-Zeroes-02.jpg

Two Phantoms refers to two different games.

Other things in the trailer

There was also a kid which I think is safe to assume is child Psycho Mantis.

What does it all mean?! Who knows but its METAL GEAR!!!

#2 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Just in case you cant see the full logo

Also the guy who talks at the start is none other than Jack Bauer himself, Kiefer Sutherland!

#3 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18478 posts) -
F*cking sh*t, is this real? And here I was thinking it would be a new IP :P Still, MGS5, amazing. Hope it's PS4 exclusive.
#4 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
I wish I would have seen the trailer. I didn't know all of this VGA stuff was going down until it was too late.
#5 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18478 posts) -
I wish I would have seen the trailer. I didn't know all of this VGA stuff was going down until it was too late.rragnaar
You're welcome :)
#6 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Now gaf is saying the V stands for Vita. LOLOL. Also hints from twitter saying Vita owners have a big reason to watch... still that is impossible on a vita.

Take a look at creepy Kid Psycho Mantis

That is the same kid that floats up in the air at the end.

#7 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18478 posts) -
lol @ vader's VLC on windows vista screenshots :P
#8 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I have came three times since this reveal. I'm all out.

#9 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

Of that's just pefect, the last thing that gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid

#10 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

This is the best viral marketing I have ever seen. It's ingenious. I f*cking love Kojima. I wanna have his babies.

#11 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Of that's just pefect, the last thing that gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid

RageQuitter69
How dare we have more of one of the greatest gaming franchise ever! BOOO instead lets have CoD part 100.
#12 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
lol @ vader's VLC on windows vista screenshots :PBlack_Knight_00
Not my screenshot.
#13 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18478 posts) -

S0lidSnake

I f*cking love Kojima. I wanna have his babies.

S0lidSnake
Words cannot describe my stomach condition after reading these. The mental imagery is... unbearable.
#14 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

This keeps getting better.

#15 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

RageQuitter69
The nice thing about not liking a series is how easy it is to not open up your wallet and spend $60 on it.
#16 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

This keeps getting better.

dvader654

who dat?

#17 Posted by c_rakestraw (14682 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

rragnaar

The nice thing about not liking a series is how easy it is to not open up your wallet and spend $60 on it.

Seriously.

We get it: you don't like Metal Gear, RageQuitter. Doesn't mean you have to entering every thread about Metal Gear to espouse ridiculous doomsday theories.

#18 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Dr. Marv. Dude from MG2. Probably not him but cool none the less. The gaf thread is amazing, one of the best ever. BTW this is MGSV which may not be 5 but is probably still a different game from GZ.
#19 Posted by idill23 (1100 posts) -
lol @ vader's VLC on windows vista screenshots :PBlack_Knight_00
Is it ok if i steal that Sig for far cry 3? love that game.
#20 Posted by bugbag (33258 posts) -

The game looks amazing! If this really is the work of Kojima, then that was quite a surprised. If not, the game still looks great anyway.:P

#21 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

c_rake

Seriously.

We get it: you don't like Metal Gear, RageQuitter. Doesn't mean you have to entering every thread about Metal Gear to espouse ridiculous doomsday theories.

The funny thing is that we have had only one MGS this gen. One. 4 in the last 14 years.

By comparison, we have had four Halos in the last six years (not counting Halo Wars and Halo Anninversary), five Assassin's Creed games in the last six years (not counting any mobile entries). Three Uncharteds, Three Mass Effects, Four Gears (counting Judgement), Four Battlefields and seven Call of Dutys. Yes and it's MGS that has been milked and the last thing gaming needs.......

#22 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol real Joakim Mogren on facebook! I sent him a friend request just to freak him out. Let's all send him friend requests and make him famous.:lol:

https://www.facebook.com/joakim.mogren

#23 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Volgin!? Is that you?

Volgin was a motherfvcker of a villain. Not a badass, he was just someone you wanted to hate. Wonder how he'll play in for MGS5, assuming he is in the game.

#24 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
I am listening to the trailer audio backwards to hear if there is anything hidden inside. Kojima you magnificent bastard what have you done to us.
#25 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I am listening to the trailer audio backwards to hear if there is anything hidden inside. Kojima you magnificent bastard what have you done to us.dvader654

Play it at half speed. Thats how they found the inception horn trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4qDvM

#26 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18478 posts) -
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]lol @ vader's VLC on windows vista screenshots :Pidill23
Is it ok if i steal that Sig for far cry 3? love that game.

Sure, steal away, that's why I made it ;)
#27 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -
[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

dvader654
How dare we have more of one of the greatest gaming franchise ever! BOOO instead lets have CoD part 100.

Right, since the only possibility is ether one or the other.
#28 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] The nice thing about not liking a series is how easy it is to not open up your wallet and spend $60 on it.S0lidSnake

Seriously.

The funny thing is that we have had only one MGS this gen. One. 4 in the last 14 years.

By comparison, we have had four Halos in the last six years (not counting Halo Wars and Halo Anninversary), five Assassin's Creed games in the last six years (not counting any mobile entries). Three Uncharteds, Three Mass Effects, Four Gears (counting Judgement), Four Battlefields and seven Call of Dutys. Yes and it's MGS that has been milked and the last thing gaming needs.......

I never said that Metal Gear Solid was being milked, I said that the last thing gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid because of what the series (along with Mass Effect) is doing to gaming.
#29 Posted by Srbanator (790 posts) -
This looks fantastic. I just really hope that it's not on Vita; I really do. It would be so like him to pull that with the 'V'.
#30 Posted by Srbanator (790 posts) -
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

Seriously.

RageQuitter69

I never said that Metal Gear Solid was being milked, I said that the last thing gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid because of what the series (along with Mass Effect) is doing to gaming.

And what might that be? Advocating the profitability of action games with legitimate and sympathetic story-lines?
#31 Posted by Archangel3371 (15658 posts) -
This trailer was so freakin' awesome. When they started showing it right away I was like "Woah. That dude looks too much like Snake". It's pretty obvious why though. :P I also totally caught the Psycho Mantis levitation at the end the first time too. Seeing all these other references now is really awesome. I soooooo can't wait to see more of this game in the future.
#32 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

I have something to admit: The Last Guardian never really existed. It was all a massive hoax by us and Konami to tease Metal Gear Solid 5

CEO Kaz Hirai (@KazHiraiCEO) December 8, 2012

:lol:

#33 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol i love that twitter account.

#34 Posted by Archangel3371 (15658 posts) -
Oh yeah, Keifer Sutherland makes everything better.
#35 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Do you guys see the Nexus ads on top of the forums here, it shows Moby Dick! Its a Kojima stealth ad for MGSV!!! :P

#36 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Black_Knight_00

I f*cking love Kojima. I wanna have his babies.

S0lidSnake

Words cannot describe my stomach condition after reading these. The mental imagery is... unbearable.

HA for real! The video was awesome but come on, its a videogame!!!! Also isnt some of that ingame video? No way in hell its a Vita game! I had early nextgen build thoughts in my head as I watched.

#37 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Cool, hope it's better than the overrated MGS4.

#38 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

I never said that Metal Gear Solid was being milked, I said that the last thing gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid because of what the series (along with Mass Effect) is doing to gaming.RageQuitter69
The issue being that none of us know what you are talking about. I don't see any common ground between MGS and Mass Effect, so implying that both games are destroying gaming without elaborating on what exactly it is that they are doing doesn't really help. Not that this is the thread for you to whine about MGS or Mass Effect.

#39 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Cool, hope it's better than the overrated MGS4.

Venom_Raptor

History says that would be the case. The even numbered titles have always been vastly inferior to the odd numbered ones, so there's always that.

I will remain cautiously pessimistic, though. Kojima hasn't shown me much since Snake Eater. On the other hand, Snake Eater is maybe the best game ever made, so....

#41 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"] I never said that Metal Gear Solid was being milked, I said that the last thing gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid because of what the series (along with Mass Effect) is doing to gaming.rragnaar

The issue being that none of us know what you are talking about. I don't see any common ground between MGS and Mass Effect, so implying that both games are destroying gaming without elaborating on what exactly it is that they are doing doesn't really help. Not that this is the thread for you to whine about MGS or Mass Effect.

because cutscenes

#42 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"] I never said that Metal Gear Solid was being milked, I said that the last thing gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid because of what the series (along with Mass Effect) is doing to gaming.TheFallenDemon

because cutscenes

Oh thats right MGS and ME are the only games with cutscenes. Thanks for clearing that up. :P
#43 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"] I never said that Metal Gear Solid was being milked, I said that the last thing gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid because of what the series (along with Mass Effect) is doing to gaming.TheFallenDemon

because cutscenes

no, because they are both games that value story over gameplay, Metal Gear Solid has hardly any gameplay, and Mass Effect, which has a good amount of gameplay, that gameplay is terrible, feels tacked on, unpolished and boring.
#44 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"] I never said that Metal Gear Solid was being milked, I said that the last thing gaming needs is another Metal Gear Solid because of what the series (along with Mass Effect) is doing to gaming.rragnaar

Common ground between Metal Gear and Mass Effect = both games value story over gameplay, Hideo Kojima and Bioware should just go to Hollywood and make movies., they clearly weren't meant to be making games.
#45 Posted by Archangel3371 (15658 posts) -
Meh. I love story heavy games myself but regardless both Metal Gear Solid and Mass Effect had really good gameplay at the very least in my opinion so it wasn't like I felt like it was any kind of chore to play through them at all. I had a terrific time with both franchises and I'm pretty sure that will continue with MGSV. I totally love these kinds of games and am thrilled that there's developers like Kojima and Bioware around that create such fantastic games. :D
#46 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

hahaahaha! Mass Effect has the best, deepest, most polished combat of ANY RPG out there.

#47 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -
I wish I would have seen the trailer. I didn't know all of this VGA stuff was going down until it was too late.rragnaar
Same here, where the hell was all the marketing and advertising. I spend a few hours a day on this site and I had no idea this was going on until the last hour of the show.
#48 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

rragnaar

Lol. I rented a PS3 to play 4. It ain't easy to quit this series.
#49 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Some more food for thought for you guys

the-phantom-pain-meta7tp9b.jpg

pp-61fzrgp.jpgpp-5pmpt4.jpg

#50 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] The issue being that none of us know what you are talking about. I don't see any common ground between MGS and Mass Effect, so implying that both games are destroying gaming without elaborating on what exactly it is that they are doing doesn't really help. Not that this is the thread for you to whine about MGS or Mass Effect.

RageQuitter69

because cutscenes

no, because they are both games that value story over gameplay, Metal Gear Solid has hardly any gameplay, and Mass Effect, which has a good amount of gameplay, that gameplay is terrible, feels tacked on, unpolished and boring. [/spoiler]

No. They both have incredible gameplay. Better than most games.