medal of honor pacific assault installing disc 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

betsygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 betsygirl
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
It has been quite a while since I last played this game. new computer. windows 7. Need someone to help. can't install disc 2. it is telling me it needs a new path or file tried everything. nothing works. does anyone have a trick or two? am not as computer savvy as you are so I need explanation to be really simply said.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Disc 2? Its a dvd.
Bratushka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bratushka
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

maybe some version is on DVD but the one I have is on a 4 CD set. I'm having the same problem. The file IS on disk 2 -data3- and it's in the setup folder on the disk. A message says "Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk.Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path." Copying the file doesn't make any difference. regardless of where I put it setup gives an error that says it can't find it.

The disc itself is pristine- no smudges or scratches. My PC is less than a month old and has 2 DVD-CDR/W drives including one that is also Blu-Ray capable.

Intel Core i7 980X 3.3 GHz 6 core processor, liquid cooled

eVGA SLI3 mother board

24 GB DDR3 1600 RAM

2 GeForce GTX 580 Black Ops video cards 1536 MB memory each operating in SLI

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi TitaniumFatal1ty Champion Seriessound card w/Creative Z5500 5.1 speaker system

1250 watt Master Cool powersupply

160 GB SSD primary drive

1.5 TB secondary drive

DVD-CD R/W drive

DVD-CD-Blu-Ray R/W drive

HAF Cooler Master ATX full tower

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

and more...

Bratushka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bratushka
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

OK- I got it to install. I made 3 folders and labeled them MoH PA D2, MoH PA D3, and MoH PA D4. It's basically Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Disk 2, etc. My installs all go on my secondary drive which is why I went thru excess to name the folder so they'd be easy to find. There's lots of stuff on it! I copied the respective disc contents into each folder. I continued the install process and just referenced those folders.

What I figured out was just pointing to the folder when setup asked wasn't enough. I got almost the same exact error message. I had to actually open the folder and highlight the setup folder inside of it. It worked fine doing that.

I have no explanation why it wouldn't work when I did exactly the same thing, highlighting the setup folder, when it asked for the disk with the setup folder and I pointed it out on the disc.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

caineb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 caineb
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
thanks, i did the same thing and it worked fine, now i can play this game for the first time in a while.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
thanks, i did the same thing and it worked fine, now i can play this game for the first time in a while.caineb
This thread is just shy of two years old. There's no need to respond to people who probably don't even remember participating in this thread in the first place.