Mass Effect 4 has a trailer for E3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Link

BioWare managed to keep the next Mass Effect pretty much under wraps, even if industry insider Shinobi602 did give us a few hints about it, including the working title “Contact,” which apparently isn’t final.

Today he mentioned on Twitter that the game might actually make an appearance at E3, because a trailer has been ready for a little while already.

Due to rumors about Microsoft having secured a big third party exclusive that will be shown at E3, some argued that it could indeed be the next Mass Effect. Shinobi had a self-explanatory reaction to that:

People are thinking ME: Contact’s exclusive to Xbox One? lol

Indeed, it wouldn’t make much sense for Electronic Arts move the franchise away from exclusivity only to do a full 180 degrees turn and make it platform exclusive again.

What’s most important, though, is that there’s still hope to see the upcoming Mass Effect game at E3, or at least some time soon. Trailers are made to be shown, and we have at least three prominent gaming events in the next three months.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

So..... You made a thread that tells us nothing about Mass Effect ?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@Lulu_Lulu said:

So..... You made a thread that tells us nothing about Mass Effect ?

it tells us that we are getting a trailer

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I hope mass effect 4 is not held hostage on xbox one

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Please for the love of God don't make ME4 exclusive to the X1....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@The_Last_Ride

Well..... Is that something we really need to be told ?

This industry is extremely predictable.....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

I hope mass effect 4 is not held hostage on xbox one

That would suck balls

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Please for the love of God don't make ME4 exclusive to the X1....

The amount of money Microsoft would have to give EA just do that would so massive, it would probably lead to a laid-off of all its' employees and other major cuts. So it's probably not going to happen.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I sure hope we're going to see a trailer soon. I need something to kindle my hype for Mass Effect 4(or Contact). I'm wondering if Contact is indicative of the game taking place duing the First Contact War which occured during the first steps of humanity in exploring and utilizing mass relays(which means prior to the Reaper invasion).

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Behardy24

I gotta agree with @Lulu_Lulu on this and say this news isn't worth much or that compelling.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@johnd13: I think it's going to be after ME 3

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: I prefer it this way. I want to know that my Shepard's actions had some impact on the universe even if it's not an important part of the plot(which it won't be).

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts

The first Mass Effect was exclusive to the Xbox 360 for quite some time, so I could see them doing that again now that a new generation has begun.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu

@Planeforger

It was also a new IP back then and they weren't sure how the community would react to it.

Mass Effect is now a proven formula across all Platforms and limiting its availability is the Biggest Mistake Bioware can make...... something EA shouldve considered before striking a deal with Microsoft for Titanfall.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I prefer it this way. I want to know that my Shepard's actions had some impact on the universe even if it's not an important part of the plot(which it won't be).

Yeah i just want to see what happend after it

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#16 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Even thought I'm a xbox guy I really hope it won't be exclusive to x1 . they shouldn't keep the game away from many people who played and loved the series on PS3 and PC and they are probably waiting for this one .

I'm excited to see this game :/ Mass effect universe still has so much to discover .

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Well, its EA decision and after the disaster they called Mass Effect 3 i hope they do make it a X1 exclusive.

At least then i won't have to witness Bioware´s LGBT crap until it eventually comes on PC.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

At least then i won't have to witness Bioware´s LGBT crap until it eventually comes on PC.

LGBT crap? You mean them subtly including a gay character here and there? Yeah, I wish they would stop shoving their agenda down our throats...

Anyway, I didn't even know it being an XB1 exclusive was any sort of rumor. It wouldn't make any sense, especially after they brought all past titles to the PS3, so I'm not too worried. It would be nice to see a trailer, especially since they already announced the game some time back.

slickcvg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 slickcvg
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride: Well, its EA decision and after the disaster they called Mass Effect 3 i hope they do make it a X1 exclusive.

I freaking loved Mass Effect 3 and I would even argue it was my favourite in the entire series. Yeah, the ending was hardly a masterpiece but calling it a disaster is a bit over kill imo.

*prepares for shit storm :P

Would love to see a ME4 trailer though!

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

It would be nice to see some actual gameplay footage but we'll most likely get a 90 second trailer full of impressive cinematics and unanswered questions to generate hype. I wouldn't expect too much to be revealed.

I like the gameplay in Mass Effect 3 but overall, Mass Effect 2 is my favorite of the franchise.

I hope the new Mass Effect focuses more on being a solid game and less on liberalism politics. Bioware seems to make a big deal out this with every new game they release.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Awesome. This is a hugely anticipated game for me. So can't wait to see something on this game at E3.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

God I hope we do see something at E3... ME4 is my most anticipated game!

As for being an XB1 exclusive, I highly doubt it. EA wouldn't be that stupid... would they?

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Behardy24

@Planeforger said:

The first Mass Effect was exclusive to the Xbox 360 for quite some time, so I could see them doing that again now that a new generation has begun.

I might be wrong, but I thought it was exclusive for the Xbox 360 because EA/Bioware had issues in porting their game to PS3. I know that was a big problem when the PS3 life cycle began.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

Dude come on... I loved ME 3, and the LGBT stuff isn't even forced in those games

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

Dude come on... I loved ME 3, and the LGBT stuff isn't even forced in those games

I know its not force fed, the problem is more that they spend time on that instead of lets take a example the ending or better content in game like A more explorable "citadel" and not just a stage setting.

Imagine if they had used those resources it took to make all those LGBT and other relationship nonsense on the ending, you can be 100% sure that we wouldn't have had an ending that just kicked you right in the face because it was so terrible.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Behardy24

@Archangel3371 said:

Awesome. This is a hugely anticipated game for me. So can't wait to see something on this game at E3.

Same here.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Behardy24

@hrt_rulz01 said:

As for being an XB1 exclusive, I highly doubt it. EA wouldn't be that stupid... would they?

ME4 will probably take a ton of money to develop and unless Microsoft gives a billion dollars to EA, the chance for it to be exclusive is not likely.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Where texas ?

I'm sure he has something valuable to contribut to this topic.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

I know its not force fed, the problem is more that they spend time on that instead of lets take a example the ending or better content in game like A more explorable "citadel" and not just a stage setting.

Imagine if they had used those resources it took to make all those LGBT and other relationship nonsense on the ending, you can be 100% sure that we wouldn't have had an ending that just kicked you right in the face because it was so terrible.

TBH i liked the extended. It's not the best ending for the series imho. But it could have been worse aswell

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Still wouldn't make me buy an XBONE.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

TBH i liked the extended. It's not the best ending for the series imho. But it could have been worse aswell

The Extended was a bit better but was still bad, but at least you didn't just have to eat the space childs idea.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

ME4 will probably take a ton of money to develop and unless Microsoft gives a billion dollars to EA, the chance for it to be exclusive is not likely.

I hope you're right... It'd kill me if it was an XB exclusive!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk: True, but i still think the original ending was the worst one we could have gotten