Making a New Game? Just Add Sharks...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoolMB101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 CoolMB101
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts
Not even an orchestral warning? Damn, these sharks mean business.
Not even an orchestral warning? Damn, these sharks mean business.

Why is it that every new game nowadays has to include sharks? Far Cry 3, GTA V, Assassin's Creed IV, Call of Duty: Ghosts; the list goes on. I'm not really saying that there is a problem with it, but I'm just getting sick of those cutscenes during trailers where they flash a shark in slow motion, as if to give you time to grab your friend nearby and say, "OH SHIT! They added sharks!" Look, I get it, sharks are cool. From Jaws to "Shark Week," sharks have maintained their popularity in our culture for decades. What I don't understand is why all the developers chose this specific year (though it really started with Far Cry 3 in late 2012) to throw as many sharks as they could into their games.

Was there some focus group held in which every participant requested more sharks? Why was this the year to "test the waters" and see how the public reacted? I guess sometimes you have to publish what sells, and instead of sex, drugs, and rock and roll, it seems to be sharks.

So when you go out to buy all these respective games, notice the differences between the sharks. Don't just accept them as cool because they're supposed to be. Be critical, and decide what you do and don't like about the gameplay. Whether you are roaming the open sea as an assassin/pirate, or treading in the middle of the ocean, drunk and alone as Trevor, experiment with the shark gameplay. The game already took a big bite out of your wallet, what more can it do to you?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

You forgot the most important game with sharks in it!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

CoolMB101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 CoolMB101
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

You forgot the most important game with sharks in it!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

If that's not hardcore shark gameplay, I don't know what is...