Mad Max - first gameplay footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

Check it out here.

Looks pretty good. Avalanche is pretty good at making open-world constructs with no context, this time it looks like Warner Bros. is going to provide that context.

Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

This is one game i am looking forward to a lot. The footage looks good so far.

#3 Posted by AzelKosMos (34194 posts) -

Loved Just Cause and the films so interested for sure. Keeping my expectations low though.

#4 Posted by firefox59 (4403 posts) -

I never saw the movies, which obviously came out first, but this looks a heck of a lot like Id's Rage game.

#5 Posted by Business_Fun (2282 posts) -

What I think is that while it's possible to cut through handcuffs using a hacksaw in five minutes, you can cut through your wrist in three.

#6 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
Interest is rising sharply. I see signs of good hand-to-hand combat animation. I need to see it in action now. I'd never heard of Avalanche until I played Just Cause 2, but ever since, I've been waiting to see what they'd do next. I have to say I'm disappointed it had to be Mad Max, because I imagine it will be as boring a landscape as Mars from Red Faction: Guerilla. But if the combat has a neater hook than just stunt-jumping; something like having a full-featured melee combat system. It looks like it's somewhere up my alley, so I'll keep an eye on it.
#7 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

real sweet game.

#8 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
The melee combat looks like it could be fun. They need to nail the driving and the shooting too though. It was hard to see just what was actual gameplay and what was just cutscene stuff in that footage.
#9 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Current gen? really?

Pass.

#10 Posted by blangenakker (2394 posts) -
Need more gameplay to make judgement
#11 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Current gen? really?

Pass.

S0lidSnake

At the very end it also says Xbox One and PS4. So it will be on next gen platforms, although probably will look very similar if not exactly the same as current gen. 

#12 Posted by AzelKosMos (34194 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Current gen? really?

Pass.

Vari3ty

At the very end it also says Xbox One and PS4. So it will be on next gen platforms, although probably will look very similar if not exactly the same as current gen. 

While sad it's no not using the full hardware of the next gen systems I won't snub it if it looks good, those full next gen games will come.
#13 Posted by skipper847 (3354 posts) -

Where was the gameplay?

#14 Posted by Mawy_Golomb (1047 posts) -
I was hoping for Just Cause 3 to be announced instead of this. Oh well, guess only time will tell if this game is any good (or even if Avalanche Studios plans to continue the JC franchise or not).
#15 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I'm looking forward to it, but am disappointed that they didn't actually show gameplay.