Lunar Silver Star Harmony Thread - GS review 8, the definitive Lunar experience!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

My Impressions:

Well, I somehow managed to pick this up today and it's totally worth it and a awesome treat for JRPG fans and PSP owners who love RPGs!

First of all, the graphics, visuals, art, sound, music, everything is so polished and awesome. The animation is so smooth and seeing the sprites in motion are mind-blowingly good! I thought Crimson Gem Saga had pretty sprite designs and animation but this blows that away by a hundred miles!

There's also voice-acting, which is good enough, and really cool anime cut-scenes that round out the story.

Did I mention the music and audio is top-notch? Well, it is!

I never played the original Lunar so I'm stoked about this! Once in awhile the PSP gets these must-have games that whether you like handhelds or not, they are worth getting! This is one of those games!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony PictureLunar: Silver Star Harmony PictureLunar: Silver Star Harmony Picture

PSP owners and RPG fans can rejoice since probably the best JRPG since Crisis Core is coming out this week!

Gamespot review - 8

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/lunarharmonyofsilverstar/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

Lunar's debut had a bold personality that has successfully shined through in past remakes. Fans can be assured this tradition continues on strong in this refined and tightly honed PSP revival of the ****c. Not only is everything that made the original adventure such an enthralling journey to begin with still intact, but it's also substantially amplified and improved upon through all of the new changes found in this definitive remake. Lunar: Silver Star Harmony works well on many levels. As such, it's a real treat for your RPG sweet tooth.

Game Informer review - 8

Gamezone review - 8

There are two versions, Limited and regular.

The Limited $39.99

• Comes with sountrack
  • Trading cards of the girls of Lunar

Regular $29.99

I say just get the regular. $10 more for a sountrack and trading cards isn't worth it, IMO.

I've got mine pre-ordered! Comes out this week!

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony ScreenshotLunar: Silver Star Harmony PictureLunar: Silver Star Harmony PictureLunar: Silver Star Harmony Picture

Looks awesome!

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#2 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

I'm very glad the port was faithful. I've been wanting to get into the Lunar series for some time, especially because of the great music.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I wonder if that battle with Dyne, Ghaleon, Master Mel, and Lemia is playable. I remember first seeing Ghaleon's attacks. It was awesome. I wish he were playable, but I think it's fair; like Sephiroth in Cloud's memories.

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts

I think I'll pass on this and just buy the next remake for the next handheld systems. :P

(I'm very interested in this game)

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

Crisis Core is among the best JRPGs on the PSP? When did this happen?

Anyways, this looks alright. The look of it though is a bit too JRPG old school cliche for my taste.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASK_Story

Anyways, this looks alright. The look of it though is a bit too JRPG old school cliche for my taste.

MarcusAntonius
Well, that's because the PSP didn't have too many good JRPGs! :P
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

MarcusAntonius

Maybe I played the wrong Crisis Core for the PSP but I am pretty sure it is not a JRPG other than the fact that it is from Japan. Maybe I am wrong in this?

CrimsonpugTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CrimsonpugTwo
Member since 2004 • 2220 Posts

[QUOTE="MarcusAntonius"]

Sacif

Maybe I played the wrong Crisis Core for the PSP but I am pretty sure it is not a JRPG other than the fact that it is from Japan. Maybe I am wrong in this?

It IS more of an action RPG than a traditional one. Still I think it CAN be considered a JRPG.

Back to topic though - Lunar for the PSP is looking great. I haven't played it since I went through the AWESOME PS1 collectors set all those years ago and I loved it then.

I may actually pick this one up - though I still haven't finished most of my PSP games at all.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

MarcusAntonius

Yeah, I don't dig the looks either.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

I hope they do Eternal Blue. I haven't played that one.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'm glad it has been re-released, I have never seen a single copy of the PS versions (not that I am actively looking though).

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I hope they do Eternal Blue. I haven't played that one.

King9999

Sad Story. Played it. A couple months later saw this kid reading a game magazine about it and it was talking about the Epilogue...which at the time I didn't know existed. I go back to load up my old save, and that damn RAMcart they had for SCD...if a save is dormant for a month or so, it loses the data. So I never got to play the real ending, which is supposed to be an additional six hours or so. Didn't feel like replaying the whole game.

Still, I didn't like what I played as much Silver Star. This game pretty much got me into JRPGs in the first place. I'm very much looking forward to picking this one up, even if I already have a Lunar remake sitting around here somewhere (and the original in a box somewhere). It'd be nice if I could pick it up at Midnight when Bad Company launches, but I'm guessing no.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

The battle load times seem to be a bit... long to me. However everything else about it looks just great, and the fact that it's a handheld game means it'll really be awesome. PSP gets another enjoyable RPG in quite a while (a year I think?)

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

PSP gets another enjoyable RPG in quite a while (a year I think?)

thattotally

Persona came out late last year.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ASK_Story
Just got the game! My impressions on first post! :D
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

I just bought the game now. I caved in. Well I won't be playing it for a few hours since my PSP has been charged in months. I think I should go charge that sucker right now.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ASK_Story

I just bought the game now. I caved in. Well I won't be playing it for a few hours since my PSP has been charged in months. I think I should go charge that sucker right now.

Kreatzion

Which is exactly what I did when I got this game! :lol:

Damn, it's been awhile since I played my PSP as well!

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kreatzion

[QUOTE="Kreatzion"]

ASK_Story

Yup. The last time I played it was for Dissidia and I personally didn't enjoy the game. So my PSP has been in storage ever since.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

[QUOTE="Kreatzion"]

Kreatzion

Yup. The ;ast time I played it was for Dissidia and I personally didn't enjoy the game. So my PSP has been in storage ever since.

You know what, same here. I was so hyped for Dissidia but to be bloody honest, it was kind of boring. I know I'll enjoy Lunar much more than Dissidia. First of all, it's an actual RPG! And secondly, it's a classic! Hope you enjoy it too! :)
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kreatzion

Damn my PSP is all jacked up. There are superficial scratches on the thing, both on the screen and all around it everywhere else. My PSP looks like a wreck.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story

Damn my PSP is all jacked up. There are superficial scratches on the thing, both on the screen and all around it everywhere else. My PSP looks like a wreck.

Kreatzion
Did someone play it without you knowing about it? That sucks, man. :(
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kreatzion

[QUOTE="Kreatzion"]

ASK_Story

Did someone play it without you knowing about it? That sucks, man. :(

Nope. It's just been in storage since I moved. The funny thing is that I moved on the beginning of December and now that it's March, I'm now just getting my PSP out of the crates.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kreatzion

I'm liking the game so far. The simplistic battle system is actually nice for a change. Haven't played a tradition JRPG since Lost Odyssey and I loved that game to death. So I think I'll be playing this alongside FFXIII. I've been putting off playing my backlog catalog of RPG's in fear that I'll just stop playing them with FFXIII but I think Lunar will still be able to hold its weight.