Love AC or hate it, you can't deny their soundtracks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kevlar101 (6101 posts) -
#2 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16710 posts) -

I enjoy the games but I can't for the life of me think of one song off the top of my head. That rarely happens with me in a game. And I'm talking the entire series here. I cannot think of one song.

#3 Posted by ShangTsung7 (247 posts) -

i was a huge AC fan till they ruined the series with online mp, soon as that happened i lost interest, they were still great games just much shorter once the story became a "sp mode" rather than what the whole game itself was, this seems to happen with a lot of great series tho and unfortunately theirs nothing we can do to stop it. you are indeed right about the soundtrack tho m8, they always seem to have really cool tunes.

#4 Posted by Planeforger (15622 posts) -

I enjoy the games but I can't for the life of me think of one song off the top of my head. That rarely happens with me in a game. And I'm talking the entire series here. I cannot think of one song.

That's...actually quite weird, but you're absolutely right.

I've played five games in the series, and I honestly can't remember a single snippet of a tune from the series (besides, you know, some of the traditional sea shanties in AC4). I couldn't even tell you if the series has a main theme or anything.

I can't think of a single other videogame series where I've played five games but can't remember any music from them. It's bizarre!

#5 Posted by sukraj (22539 posts) -

the soundtracks are real sweet.

#6 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16710 posts) -

@Planeforger: Right? I never understood why people say it has such a great soundtrack. I barely ever pay attention to the music because it never seems prevalent. And this is coming from a guy that has a few video game soundtracks on his iPod!

#7 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2563 posts) -

Actually i can.They are horrible just like the games themselves.

#8 Edited by Kevlar101 (6101 posts) -

Actually i can.They are horrible just like the games themselves.

How are the soundtracks horrible? You have to give a reason or else I can't take you seriously. I can't respect your opinion if you don't give reason for it.

#9 Edited by abaramuchi (25 posts) -

I can remember that little doorbell ditty that would play every time you picked up a flag in AC1. ^_^

The music fits each moment in the game well, but it's so unobtrusive that it doesn't stick with me like the works of Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu, or Jeremy Soule. It's not a bad thing because that in itself demonstrates a certain skill at songwriting--to capture and compliment a moment without overtaking it.