Lots of details about The Last of Us DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

The top video at the link below is an interview (with spoilers for those who haven't finished TLOU) and the bottom is a story bit (looks like the intro or close to it).

New enemies, more of a focus on exploration, extremely challenging multifaction fights, and a story which they claim will be just as powerful as that of TLOU make this a must own for me.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/22/the-last-of-us-left-behind-trailer-interview/

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9954 posts) -

Yay ! More cutscenes !

#3 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

Yay ! More amazing gameplay !

#4 Edited by Archangel3371 (15278 posts) -

I really need to pick this game up soon. Perhaps next week.

#5 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9954 posts) -

@ F1Lengend

I actually prefer playing as Ellie. Joel is just too big. And seriosly how many games fearure kids as Playable Characters (JRPGs don't count)

#6 Posted by huerito323 (1372 posts) -

Yay!! another movie pretending to be a video game..awesome :)

#7 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Yay! Another thread on GS ruined by the new posters!

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9954 posts) -

@ dvader654

Hey no fair, Old Posters can ruin threads too...... You say these things just to hurt me don't you ? :(

#9 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ dvader654

Hey no fair, Old Posters can ruin threads too...... You say these things just to hurt me don't you ? :(

I say these things cause almost every single thread one of you people (not always you but its pretty often) is just saying something negative, talking crap, shitting up a thread. Negativity, negativity, negativity, negativity.

Hey you know what, games are fun. Do you understand what a "game" is supposed to be for, enjoyment. Happiness. I will never understand people whos majority of posts in a gaming board is to just bitch and moan about everything. I am not saying you have to love everything, I don't but try positivity every once and a while, its nice. (not directed just at you).

This thread is just a news thread. Carnage is happy to share this news about a game a bunch of us love. He is not making any attempt at a debate, he is simply sharing good news and what do we get. Little jabs, sarcasm, for what.

#10 Edited by huerito323 (1372 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ dvader654

I say these things cause almost every single thread one of you people (not always you but its pretty often) is just saying something negative, talking crap, shitting up a thread. Negativity, negativity, negativity, negativity.

Hey you know what, games are fun. Do you understand what a "game" is supposed to be for, enjoyment. Happiness. I will never understand people whos majority of posts in a gaming board is to just bitch and moan about everything. I am not saying you have to love everything, I don't but try positivity every once and a while, its nice. (not directed just at you)

Why so serious? There's no need to take things so damn serious on the internet. Sometimes, people are just kidding around. What's wrong with poking fun at a game? It doesn't mean it sucks. Geez.

#11 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

@huerito323 said:

@dvader654 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ dvader654

Hey you know what, games are fun. Do you understand what a "game" is supposed to be for, enjoyment. Happiness. I will never understand people whos majority of posts in a gaming board is to just bitch and moan about everything. I am not saying you have to love everything, I don't but try positivity every once and a while, its nice. (not directed just at you)

Why so serious? There's no need to take things so damn serious on the internet. Sometimes, people are just kidding around. What's wrong with poking fun at a game? It doesn't mean it sucks. Geez.

Its not just this thread, its everywhere on this board. This board used to be filled with great posters, a great place to discuss games. Its gone to shit and most everyone has left and the same reason comes up over and over again, its been overrun with people that seem to hate games and ruin every thread.

Ok done with my rant. Lets get back on topic. I am extremely excited for this and will get it day one. I wonder how they will handle the combat, will it be like Winter, I wouldn't think Ellie is battle hardened yet.

#12 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9954 posts) -

@ dvader654

Its Actually a compliment in this case. Since the negative thing I can say about TLOU is the cutscenes, and some tiny gameplay faults here and there.

Still a great game though.

Think of it as Contructive Critism.

#13 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

@ dvader654

Its Actually a compliment in this case. Since the negative thing I can say about TLOU is the cutscenes, and some tiny gameplay faults here and there.

Still a great game though.

Think of it as Contructive Critism.

I'll take it. I do think there is hope for you lulu. I am hard on you but I admit, you actually know your stuff and talk about stuff you actually played. So while we seem to be opposites in many game views at least I can respect the opinion... sometimes. :P

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9954 posts) -

@ dvader654

Fantastic !

You know what wouldve been nice though...... Co-op !

Sharing is Caring, and the fewer resources there are to share, the more there is to care about.

#15 Posted by MirkoS77 (7029 posts) -

This DLC is gonna SUCK!! $15 for a walking simulator, what a ripoff! Hopefully this'll be "The Last we'll see" of TLoU.

*wink wink*

CAN'T WAIT!! I already see this is up for preorder on PSN, coming out mid next month. Day one, second one. Then I'll buy the GotY edition with it included later down the road.

I hope they decide on more DLC, I'd love to play as Ish in the sewers.

#16 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

Damn, I am really looking forward to this. I am honestly aroused right now... sexually.

But seriously, the fact that they will be making some changes to the formula by mixing humans and the infected while also taking the focus off combat and placing it more on exploration as well as stealth has me all kinds of giddy. They could have just went with Tommy or some other character and gave us the same gameplay with a different wallpaper but they chose to differentiate this offering from the full game. Great stuff, can't wait!

#17 Posted by Evil_Saluki (4878 posts) -

Annoying I didn't expect to see a DLC like that for the game. I was expecting multiplayer maps, weapons and crap which I'm not interested in since i don't play it's multiplayer, so i part traded it..

Now I got to buy it back. I enjoyed that game and the DLC appeals.

#18 Posted by stizzal13 (596 posts) -

Yay ! More amazing gameplay !

This may actually be the case for once. I read one article that said they tried to improve the mechanics.

#19 Edited by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

The mechanics are awesome.

One of my favourite aspects of TLOU is the brutality in the gameplay, now that you are controlling Ellie I expect a major shift in tone of the game. It should be interesting but I think I will miss that aspect a lot.

I know Joel taught Ellie a lot about combat throughout the game so seeing her before the events of the first, you would expect a much different character.

#20 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Damn, I am really looking forward to this. I am honestly aroused right now... sexually.

I am calling the cops. :P

#21 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

i'm going to go make a thread about journey and see if dvader decides to "ruin" it :P

#22 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

@LoG-Sacrament: Damn you! :P

#23 Edited by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

i'm going to go make a thread about journey and see if dvader decides to "ruin" it :P