Vikk_Toria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vikk_Toria
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Any realistic space sims out there these days? All I can find are sci-fi combat ones.. not really my cup of tea.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#2 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

Try Elite: Dangerous?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Kerbal is a very popular game about starting your own space program, down to designing the shuttle that'll get you into space.

Elite Dangerous is a single player/MMO game with 400 billion procedurally generated star systems (basically the entire Milky Way). It has combat but how you choose to earn your living in that game is entirely up to you and doesn't have to involve combat at all (trading, mining, surveying, bounty hunting, smuggling, pirating, etc).

-Byshop

Leoncio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Leoncio
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@vikk_toria: Elite Dangerous is a great game but it is combat so you may not consider that 'realistic'.

For full realism I can recommend two games:

"Orbiter" - is definitely one of the best realistic simulators around for PCs. It's got loads of addons to experiment with.

If you like Orbiter then you might be interested in "Space Simulator" on iOS as well - it's also a realistic space flight simulator with historical missions.

Vikk_Toria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vikk_Toria
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

I'm familiar with Orbiter and KSP, haven't heard of Space Simulator before. Is it a PC game as well?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

EVE: Online is a good franchise that would probably meet your hunger. There is combat, but it is not the primary focus of the game. But the only drawback is that it is for the PC and not consoles.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

EVE: Online is a good franchise that would probably meet your hunger. There is combat, but it is not the primary focus of the game. But the only drawback is that it is for the PC and not consoles.

Be warned that Eve is not really a "sim" in as much as you don't directly pilot your ship so much as you give it orders through mouse clicks.

I'd still vote for Eve Dangerous. Compared to other space sims one of the biggest "complaints" about that game is that there isn't enough emphasis on combat and instead you usually spend most of your time flying from station to station trading goods, mining asteroids, etc.

-Byshop