Looking for a RPG to play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 Spexter
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts

Could anyone recommend a game that is similar to KoTOR,Dragon Age,Mass Effect,NWN or Baldur's gate.I'm not looking for a Diablo clone style RPG,I want something like the games above with a good story and character customization.Below is the list of games I've already played...

-KoTOR 1 and 2
-DA: Origins,Awakening and DA2
-ME 1,2 and 3
-NWN 1 and 2
-Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
-Icewind Dale 1 and 2
-Witcher 1 and 2
-Deus Ex 1,2,HR
-TES games
-Risen 1 and 2
-Amalur
-Vampire the masquerade bloodlines
-Fable
-Drakensang 1 and 2

-Planescape Torment

-Jade Empire

Just to state that I don't like fallout games,and I don't like gothic games,despite liking risen...

I'm open for suggestions...

Could

TheGreatXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 TheGreatXL
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

The Tales games are amazing. Specifically Symphonia and Abyss for me.

Avatar image for ChoppinBrockl33
ChoppinBrockl33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ChoppinBrockl33
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

if u havent played any of the tales series i would definately check them out. tales of vesperia was awesome. just beat tales of graces and iloved that one too. definately my 2 fav rpg's, and ive played a lot! graces starts off kinda slow tho but give it a couple hours.

Spexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 Spexter
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts

Forgot to mention that I only have a PC,so I'm primarily looking for PC games...however,I will keep these in mind,god bless emulation...

eol_is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eol_is
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts

Arcanum, Planescape, Divine and Beyond Divinity, maybe Dungeon Siege

Battjas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 Battjas
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

A lot of (great) games are already listed here, but i can give a few more names of RPG's.

First off: get a SNES and PSX emulator and play all the RPG's, they are amazing. There are so many amazing RPG's on the SNES, i must have played most of them.

But for PC:

Silverfall - not really good but i guess you can give it a try.

Ys Origin - used to be unavailable on PC but is now out on PC, supposed to be a great RPG but i haven't played it a lot.

Dungeons of Dredmor - pretty awesome indie rogue-like game.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy - Many different opinions floating around about this one, it's a bit amateurish and doesn't suit everyones taste but maybe you'll like it.

Krater - New game, supposedly gets boring quickly.

Legend Of Grimrock - Old school dungeon crawler RPG, has good reviews.

Nox - Used to love this as a kid.

Avadon the Black Fortress - New indie old-school RPG.

The Temple Of Elemental Evil - Great D&D game.

This is just what i can find on my computer, I've played all of these, although some only for an hour or so.

mbaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mbaban
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
you can try two worlds 2 , it is good for rpg lovers , i see u have played alot of games , but i didn't see dark souls though i haven't played it but everyone recommend it , i dont like fallout either idont know why , mmmm maybe try dragon dogma too
Dazzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dazzas
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I recomend Torchligh with mods http://capital-of.eu/torchlight/
d_khan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 d_khan
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
I recommend The Witcher 1 and 2. European developers are more than just catching up, they are tramping down many western and eastern developers, who like SquareEnix seem to have run put of good ideas, or Bioware who seem to have sold out. The Witcher 2 has the Best story and graphics of Rpgs toddy. Either that or SKYRIM.
d_khan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 d_khan
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
I recommend The Witcher 1 and 2. European developers are more than just catching up, they are tramping down many western and eastern developers, who like SquareEnix seem to have run put of good ideas, or Bioware who seem to have sold out. The Witcher 2 has the Best story and graphics of Rpgs toddy. Either that or SKYRIM.
HandBananaFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HandBananaFTW
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
Even though these games are mainly on the PS2, PS1, and PSP. I'd recommend the Shin Megami Tensei games, mainly Persona, Digital Devil Saga, and Nocturne. If you haven't heard of the series then think, Final Fantasy meets demons and current day setting, without the stereotypical, melodramatic characters and whatnot that plague the FF games. The story, characters, battle system, music, art style, and voice acting in the Shin Megami Tensei games are absolutely superb. If I had to choose the best game in the franchise to start off at it'd have to be Persona 4, the story is about a murder mystery in a small town, and the plot and characters develop in incredible ways. If you end up playing and enjoying Persona 4 then definitely check out the other games in the series. I don't wanna keep dragging on about how great they are so really check them out if you're interested, they are JRPG's though and at some points they can be quite challenging, though I enjoy harder games so It was fine for me, just thought I should mention that. Don't know about emulation though so I might be typing all this for nothing lol.
9a3iqa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 9a3iqa
Member since 2011 • 37 Posts

I would recommend Dark Souls (its out on PC now). Fantastic RPG with one of the best combat systems ever and excellent PvP.