Sir_Jacko999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sir_Jacko999
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

What I'm after is an Open World Immersive Role Playing Game, not one of those modern rpg's like WoW or Runescape, I mean an actual role playing game where the players are everything. There are no "quests" or "dungeons", everything is player supported. Every town built by actual people, every event is started, ran and finished by players and everything is role played.

Suggestions?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@sir_jacko999: i think you're looking for an mmo tbh

Sir_Jacko999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sir_Jacko999

Nah, I mean something like Garry's Mod DarkRP, which is hella buggy, or even Minecraft Immersive RP, but something that is actually built for it, not added after by fans.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride

@sir_jacko999 said:

Nah, I mean something like Garry's Mod DarkRP, which is hella buggy, or even Minecraft Immersive RP, but something that is actually built for it, not added after by fans.

don't know what you're looking for then tbh

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Hate to break it to you but outside of Minecraft or Gmod I think your pickings are pretty slim.

ice_ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ice_ranger
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts

SECOND LIFE if you have a good internet connection.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@turtlethetaffer said:

Hate to break it to you but outside of Minecraft or Gmod I think your pickings are pretty slim.

yup, Project Spark perhaps? Spore?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: SPORE I've heard of but I'm no familiar with Project Spark. Oh wait is that the world building game that's in alpha right now? I think I watched a friend play it on his Xbone.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

Project Spark is out and Spore is the evolution game where you evolve a creature

ColonelJayce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ColonelJayce

The only game that I've seen somewhat similar to your preferences is called "Life is Feudal" . The game looks amazing from the trailer, and they did an excellent job advertising it, and YES it does meet the criteria for that sort of game, BUT. I will warn you, the game has not progressed at all since it was released as an early access game on steam somewhere in 2014. I would not be so quick to go out and buy it, in the condition the game is in right now, it just isn't worth it.

There was also an old browser based game called Lunar Wars that had a completely player driven economy. Not only did it have that, but the diplomacy in that game was brutal, the amount of manipulation, spies, and guilds that would drive larger clans up and down the ladder was tremendous. Lunar Wars closed because the player base died due to a nuclear war between the alliance "BIG", and the alliance "GOONS". Everyone was sent into economic depression for a month, and the rest of the players were forced into peace mode, neither of which were fun. Everyone stopped playing after that.

There is a suuuuuuuuuper old game out called Cyber Nations, its supposed to be just like Lunar Wars, but I haven't played it in almost 8 years.

Project Zomboid might fill your need for a non-questing free roam RPG game with a massive world to play with friends.

I know both of those games won't really fill your need for a "Starting from the ground up" sort of game, but there just aren't many games out there like that.

Sir_Jacko999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sir_Jacko999

Life Is Feudal is an Early Access scam.
The money raised from purchases of that game are being pumped straight into an MMO that is currently in development. Once that MMO is created, Life Is Feudal will be shut down. If it did what it promised, it would be exactly the sort of game I'm talking about. Also, it currently is buggy and glitchy as all hell and doesn't work for my PC. Project Zomboid I have but is not the sort of thing I'm after. Haven't heard of Project Spark, will have to check that out.

Keep the suggestions flowing guys

aryianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aryianna
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

What about an RPG text mud.... Avalon: The Legend Lives is incredibly in depth. You can PVP, rise ranks in your guild or city, commodity collect raise wealth, take part in legion warfare and the list goes on. Check out their website to log in and have a peek around. It is incredibly addicting.

Sir_Jacko999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sir_Jacko999

@aryianna: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, thank you. I'll be sure to play this one

Still looking for more though, if you have any

Erodar35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erodar35

I would recommend Life is feudal , I think it's a fun game, especially if you play with friends...

Sir_Jacko999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sir_Jacko999

@erodar35: Please read my earlier response to this suggestion

latas2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points