Looking for a good 2 player game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zarlyn (1322 posts) -

Hey, I'm looking for a game that my wife and I can play together. She's new at console gaming so slower paced would be nice. She likes first person and 3rd person right behind the char, but she doesn't like birds eye games like diablo 3. She was a big fan of WoW and Skyrim. Is there any console games (Xbox 360 preferably though we might get a PS4 soon) that are splitscreen and similar to that? (Please no gory games, blood is okay though not prefered, but not like gears of war)

#2 Posted by El_Zo1212o (5801 posts) -

@Zarlyn: It's isometric, but my favorite 2 player game of the entire generation was Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. It was a 2 stick shooter, but with a ton of puzzle solving involving both characters and their separate abilities.

Otherwise I recommend LotR: Conquest- splitscreen, co op campaign, low on the gory scale.

TMNT: Out of the Shadows- split screen co op campaign + single screen arcade-style campaign(levels unlocked as you progress through the campaign) and no gore. Plus it's frickin' Ninja Turtles.

Those are my favorites, anyway.

#3 Posted by Zijuun (93 posts) -

Get Destiny, it'll come to PS3 soon.

#4 Edited by SoNin360 (4968 posts) -

Portal 2 has a pretty good co-op campaign. Won't last you too long but it's an excellent game all around.

#5 Posted by ristactionjakso (5510 posts) -

@Zarlyn said:

Hey, I'm looking for a game that my wife and I can play together. She's new at console gaming so slower paced would be nice. She likes first person and 3rd person right behind the char, but she doesn't like birds eye games like diablo 3. She was a big fan of WoW and Skyrim. Is there any console games (Xbox 360 preferably though we might get a PS4 soon) that are splitscreen and similar to that? (Please no gory games, blood is okay though not prefered, but not like gears of war)

Dang I was gonna suggest Guacamelee, but thats ps3... And you guys should give Diablo 3 a chance, it's an amazing game.

But, there is castle crashers, battleblock theater, minecraft, terraria, Halo games, Borderlands 1 and 2 (such a hilarious game), Lego lord of the rings, Rayman Origins, dungeon defenders, Shank, Dynasty Warriors (latest one is probably best) Fable 2 and 3,

#6 Posted by Behardy24 (363 posts) -

Army of Two. There are three games to pick from and most likely at this point they are all 20 bucks or less. They are also third person shooter. so yeah. HAVE FUN!

#7 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1069 posts) -

borderlands

#8 Posted by El_Zo1212o (5801 posts) -

@behardy24: Agreed! Army of Two is amazing for co op shooting, and, except TDC, is pretty low on the gore scale.