Looking for a free multiplayer RPG game on pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Prochris123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Prochris123
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Just wondering if i could get any game references?

As i stated above i'm looking for a high quality Multiplayer RPG game, preferably similar to World of Warcraft. I would appreciate if i got a few references.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

-Free

-Good quality

-Fun

Pick 2

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

No game is like WOW well many attempt and fail miserably. Nothing will compare to 10 years of development.

Your options are limited and to be honest, you may have to look at foreign games particularly FTP mmos (horrible model think I'm about to quit them, except Black Dessert)

1. Guild Wars 2
  2. SWTOR (yes I just said this game)
  3. ArcheAge
  4. TERA
  5. FFXIV
  6. Phantasy Star Online (you can play on Japan servers)
  7. DC Universe Online
  8. Neverwinter
  9. Wildstar

The bold words indicate positive feedback I heard from game. Those would be the games I'd recommend you try out + some of them are FTP. Of the above, I've only played TERA, FF, and DC Universe. Now, if you are not aware, many mmos are trying to differentiate from WOW by claiming to be true action combat aka think God of War franchise. Far very far from the truth and is a marketing ploy. Still, the combat will be very different from what you are accustomed. In some cases, it may actually be better to play said game with a gamepad and not a mouse.

TERA: The review for that game by Kevin was dead on and yes went FTP because it failed. The problem with TERA NA is that the game is not westernized enough and moreso the game has a revolving door effect. Anyway, if you are unfamiliar with the grind associated with Korean MMOs avoid not worth your time. Other than a couple misgivings that Kevin highlighted, the game is beautiful to look at and should be experienced by everyone since its free. However, when it take 3-4 months to acquire a complete set of BiS gear and a year to get new dungeons /raids unacceptable in today's market. This is the grind of which I speak of and why borring has always been associated with TERA. Because of the lack of content at endgame, the Devs force you to grind the same 2 dungeons or raids for basically 6 months to a year. If you ask many players or even just look at the comments, many praise the gameplay or combat system. What you'll notice is they will never start talking about the content or even mention it at all. Since the game lacks quarterly updates with each having less content than before, TERA always feels empty at some point. This makes it a VERY repetitive game, not a lot of variety. PVE is phenomenal, but due to questionable decisions, there is no incentive to do previous dungeons unless you like 40m ques. Despite TERA advertising as "true action combat" its not. The game I would say is 90% PVE. Most of the BGs are equalized or focused on PVE related objectives (yes I just said that). In truth, TERA only has 2 pvp modes, a 15v15 called FWC and a 3v3 arena called Champion's Skyring. FWC is dead period. Champion's Skyring is well it never really took off and has a small player-base. Very sad since that is where the combat sytem of TERA really shines. Most of the PVP in TERA will be in OW sadly. Recently, the game is scheduled for an expansion and it attempts to correct some points Kevin touched on a year ago. One thing to keep in mind is that the game has been out for over a year and they did not fully address any of the negative points pointed out in numerous reviews, forum, fans, etc. When a game becomes FTP, the reality check is that "the customer is always right" is not true anymore. Needless to say, it is free, and you should try it out. Personally, I would wait until the expansion when TERA revamps the mundane leveling process.

FF: Just go play it.

DC Universe: Another game that went FTP. Like TERA it has survived, but the FTP is misleading. In order to gain access to content you must Sub or buy DLC. I'll start off by saying I had a blast with DCUO and if you are a comic book lover definitely check it out. Sure it had a bad start, but hey most MMOs at launch do. By far, DCUO did arguably the best job balancing PVP and PVE. Of course, the game has more PVE content, but the quarterly updates and attention that PVP gets in this MMO is jaw dropping. New characters, skills, character revamps, powers, dungeon, gear, raids yeah its good. The game didn't really hit big with the PC community. The reason why is because again like TERA, false advertising. In a nutshell, DCUO doesn't really function like an MMO and is moreso a multiplayer action game, hence why the bigger population is on consoles. Problems arise when those 2 worlds collide. The devs are constantly deciding whether to appeal to the mmo crowd or consoles.