Loads of new Pokemon X and Y info, trailer, screens.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

I am going to give this thread a shot seeing as we usually talk about the biggest games here and this game will absolutely be one of the biggest games this year.

New info on the first 3D Pokemon (and I dont mean the eye effect, I mean first 3D models).

New trailer

Riding Pokemon:

3 different trainer looks:

Customizable Clothing and Accesories:

First-Person poke-ball throws:

Actual analog movement. 

Pokemon is finally entering the PS1 era! :P

#2 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

All I want from this game is an option at the beginning where you can say if you've played a Pokemon game before or not.

Pokemon Black was almost ruined for me because I had these asshats running up to me every 10 feet explaining how to do something that I already knew how to do 15 years ago. It really slowed down the pacing of the game

#3 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Is the fully third person (with camera movement) actually available in gameplay, or is that just for the sake of the video.

#4 Posted by Pedro (21369 posts) -

All I want from this game is an option at the beginning where you can say if you've played a Pokemon game before or not.

JML897

It will never happen. I have yet to play a game from Nintendo that doesn't assume you are an idiot even after confirming that you know what you are doing. I don't know if the following scenario rings a bell

NPC:- "Do you know how to BLAH BLAH?"

You:- Yes!

NPC:- "Well just in case you don't to BLAH BLAH BLAH...."

You:- :|

#5 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]

Pedro

It will never happen. I have yet to play a game from Nintendo that doesn't assume you are an idiot even after confirming that you know what you are doing. I don't know if the following scenario rings a bell

No its not like that, its like this

NPC: *Tells you useless info for 10 minutes* "Do you want me to repeat what I said?"

You: *Clicking A furiously to skip everything, option suddenly pops up and is by default on Repeat, so you hit repeat by accident* "NOOO,  **** YOU!!!!!"

#6 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Is the fully third person (with camera movement) actually available in gameplay, or is that just for the sake of the video.

NaveedLife
Not sure if you have full camera controls or if it is an auto cam but yes it is third person.
#7 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17142 posts) -

Seems pretty cool.

#8 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pedro"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

dvader654

NPC: *Tells you useless info for 10 minutes* "Do you want me to repeat what I said?"

You: *Clicking A furiously to skip everything, option suddenly pops up and is by default starts on Repeat, so you hit repeat by accident* "NOOO,  **** YOU!!!!!"

:lol: This is so spot-on
#9 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22574 posts) -
The game looks awesome so far, October can't come soon enough.
#10 Posted by Jehuty08 (1951 posts) -

[QUOTE="dvader654"]

[QUOTE="Pedro"]

JML897

You: *Clicking A furiously to skip everything, option suddenly pops up and is by default starts on Repeat, so you hit repeat by accident* "NOOO,  **** YOU!!!!!"

:lol: This is so spot-on

oh god, I rembmer playing pokemon snap when I was like 10 furiously mashing A to get past the opening, thinking to myself "man, this is a lot of talking" :P

#11 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
I'm actually really excited for X/Y. Ultimately, I want to see the series grow to the point where it doesn't have to be handheld exclusive (I think the game would have massive potential on consoles) and making the move to 3D is a good start. The battling looks much more immersive, which is also a step in the right direction.
#12 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pedro"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

dvader654

You: *Clicking A furiously to skip everything, option suddenly pops up and is by default on Repeat, so you hit repeat by accident* "NOOO,  **** YOU!!!!!"

LOL. What I find funnier is that in Paper Mario Sticker Star you get a more useless helper character, and that was game where you actually NEEDED the help for once at certain points too.

#13 Posted by Zen_Light (1603 posts) -

Very excited about this game. It's been a long time since I played Pokemon.

#14 Posted by Minishdriveby (10367 posts) -
I hoping the Kalos region isn't as linear as Unova. That's my only worry.
#15 Posted by iAmAndrewRyan (89 posts) -

Very excited about this game. It's been a long time since I played Pokemon.

Zen_Light
#16 Posted by iAmAndrewRyan (89 posts) -
I'm actually really excited for X/Y. Ultimately, I want to see the series grow to the point where it doesn't have to be handheld exclusive (I think the game would have massive potential on consoles) and making the move to 3D is a good start. The battling looks much more immersive, which is also a step in the right direction. BadNewsBen
Pokemon will likely stay handheld considering it stand for 'pocket monsters'.
#17 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -
[QUOTE="BadNewsBen"]I'm actually really excited for X/Y. Ultimately, I want to see the series grow to the point where it doesn't have to be handheld exclusive (I think the game would have massive potential on consoles) and making the move to 3D is a good start. The battling looks much more immersive, which is also a step in the right direction. iAmAndrewRyan

There are tons of N64, Gamecube, & Wii pokemon games...just not the "main series"
#18 Posted by LAN7ERN (352 posts) -
I am excited about Pokemon X and Y
#19 Posted by iAmAndrewRyan (89 posts) -
[QUOTE="iAmAndrewRyan"][QUOTE="BadNewsBen"]I'm actually really excited for X/Y. Ultimately, I want to see the series grow to the point where it doesn't have to be handheld exclusive (I think the game would have massive potential on consoles) and making the move to 3D is a good start. The battling looks much more immersive, which is also a step in the right direction. JML897

There are tons of N64, Gamecube, & Wii pokemon games...just not the "main series"

I know, those spinoffs will remain spinoffs. I don't see the main series switching from handheld ever.
#20 Posted by Deadpool-n (489 posts) -

I'll get it. Haven't played pokemon in years and now I have an excuse to get a 3DS and another pokemon game. First real 3d battle gameplay, yeah I have to.

#21 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22574 posts) -
[QUOTE="iAmAndrewRyan"][QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="iAmAndrewRyan"] Pokemon will likely stay handheld considering it stand for 'pocket monsters'.

I know, those spinoffs will remain spinoffs. I don't see the main series switching from handheld ever.

Yeah thats what I figure. I mean it's called pocket monsters for a reason
#22 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -
Never played any of them, I might get this when I get a 3DS at some point.
#23 Posted by RandoIphF (271 posts) -

dvader654
YES. Oh man, how many times have I done that.