Life is Strange

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeorgeM25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GeorgeM25
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

So, yesterday i was just messing with my PS4 to see what's new on the store and i saw this game called "life is strange", it totallly didn't seem like a normal game, i mean it has that kind of hipster tone and i liked it, so i downloaded it, i just had to wait some minutes and later i started to play.

It all starts so weird, and at the beginning it says "every choice you make will affect the course of the game", i don't know if it's and RPG, but i looked for it on the internet and it says is a "Graphic Adventure" , sounds cool :)

i started to play it and instantle fell in love with it, there's something about the enviroment that makes it so cool, clearly on the game it's october 2013 or 2014 i don't remember, i started playing it on February 2015 and it took me back to autumn of those years,
The first chapter really let you hooked up, it all starts with just a normal girl having a strange nightmare and from that moment she knows something's different about her.
I'm not gonna tell you a lot about it because i don't want to spoil it but it is actually a pretty cool game, i mean Square Enix is the developer so yeah, we had some awesome games from them, and the soundtrack is awesome, specially that song on the beginning i think it's called "To All of You" by Sid Matters or something like that.

I don't know guys but i'm not that into those kind of games and it really left a pretty cool impression on me and i don't know, maybe when the rest of the chapters come out i would play them, who knows?

if ou got an opinion about this game it would be awesome if we talk about it :)

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#2 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

I greatly enjoyed the game a lot as well. ( or should I say episode 1 ) can't wait to see the rest of the game. It does have a little bit of a hipster feeling to it but I like it a lot more than I suspected it to. There's a lot of things I enjoy in this game such as the music. The deep story about friendship between characters. So say this it's one of the few episodic games I have actually played through multiple times to see different stuff happen.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Yeah I watched a few people play it on twitch. I love games like these.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

I was about to create a thread myself about this, and was rather surprised when I didn't see this game brought up over the past few weeks.

I just completed Episode 1 last night, and it's safe to say that it's an amazing game with plenty of potential. When it was first announced, I never really doubted it once, and of course, I bought the season pass for all episodes day one. Haven't regretted it since. It has like, one of those telltale-game vibe, not to mention, I absolutely loved all of their games.

BTW, I completely agree with GS's review on this; really spot on. I agree with the fact that the time-travel mechanics diminishes the story's impact; nonetheless, I still enjoyed every moment of it, and I'm planning on playing through it again just for the story So if anyone's hesitant of getting this game, you have my thumbs up :)

*IGN's review on this game is complete bs. IMO

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

I was about to create a thread myself about this, and was rather surprised when I didn't see this game brought up over the past few weeks.

I just completed Episode 1 last night, and it's safe to say that it's an amazing game with plenty of potential. When it was first announced, I never really doubted it once, and of course, I bought the season pass for all episodes day one. Haven't regretted it since. It has like, one of those telltale-game vibe, not to mention, I absolutely loved all of their games.

BTW, I completely agree with GS's review on this; really spot on. I agree with the fact that the time-travel mechanics diminishes the story's impact; nonetheless, I still enjoyed every moment of it, and I'm planning on playing through it again just for the story So if anyone's hesitant of getting this game, you have my thumbs up :)

Are you getting the seasons pass?

MiguelNoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MiguelNoche
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

I'm intrigued. Is it similar to The Walking Dead and / or The Wolf Among us?

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thegamingjunkie

@marcheegsr I went straight ahead and got the Complete Season package; only Ep 1 is available now, and the rest will come in updates when they release.

thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thegamingjunkie

@MiguelNoche: It is very similar to The Walking Dead in terms of Gameplay, however, unlike TWD, the game allows you to "travel back in time" whenever you want and change your choices (as many time as you please, however after a certain checkpoint, you can't go back in time beyond that point), along with the make-your-own decisions and dialogues and such. Story completely different.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Yeah I really enjoyed it too... already bought the season pass!

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@georgem25 said:

Life is strange

Compared to what?

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Games like this I like binge on once all the episodes are out. So, Life is Strange, Game of Thrones, the new Resident Evil, Dreamfall Chapters...really eager to play all of these but won't touch them until they're finished.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

@MiguelNoche: It is very similar to The Walking Dead in terms of Gameplay, however, unlike TWD, the game allows you to "travel back in time" whenever you want and change your choices (as many time as you please, however after a certain checkpoint, you can't go back in time beyond that point), along with the make-your-own decisions and dialogues and such. Story completely different.

Yup. As thegamingjunkie said it's basically a Telltale adventure game but with a time travel mechanic. It seems like a pretty good quality game, overall. Voice acting and dialog is a bit cheesy for some of the minor characters but beyond that I don't really have any complaints.

-Byshop

MiguelNoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MiguelNoche
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

@thegamingjunkie: Sold. Just finished The Order and played 2 hours of Life is Strange. Enjoying it 10x more than the aforementioned TWD and Wolf Among Us. Thank you. Right up my alley.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#14  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Quite liked the 1st episode. Two things that stuck out immediately is the jarring writing and voice acting. But I'm cautious about where the script is going, as I'd rather have the scope of the game to keep it within the small 'slice of life' vibe that it had surrounding Kate, the security guard and Chloe. Hopefully the revelation at the end of the episode was more metaphorical than literal.

I love how I can just dick around with choices and rewind without having to reload, I also like how my curiosity/exploration is rewarded, but I cant shake off how clamped down some moments are in terms of choice: Yes I can sleuth around one thing, but on another, the protagonist gets in the way of me wanting to see what's in that USB? It's a minor thing, but the inconsistencies are there even though the rewind system could allow the game to stretch its legs with the choices you can make or even the few simple adventure 'puzzles' that the game presents to you.

The teen fiction high school setting is really convincing despite some of the writing felt like some 50 year old having a stab at youth culture. Still, the setting and tone is more realised than say Bully or Persona regardless of its attachment to the typical archetypes it sticks to. I already feel like the whole teen angst thing is as sharp as The World Ends With You despite being 1 episode in.

Max is a great character. Takes a few pages from April Ryan but that's not really a bad thing. Max is subtley flawed and even without April's humor, confidence and enthusiasm, Max is still rather entertaining and likable with those self-reflective observations that you can trigger which adds alot of colour to what could've been a rather boring protagonist next to a thoroughly excellent one (Chloe).

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

For me it felt really similar to beyond two souls (thats a good thing)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I like games like the walking dead i purhase the complete seeson this month