Lego Hobbit in 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

Good news Tolkien fans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

#2 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I can't get enough of these Lego games. I said after playing Lego Indiana Jones that a Lego LOTR would be amazing and indeed it was. I'm sure The Hobbit will be excellent also although it's a movie game as opposed to a Tolkien book inspired game just to be pedantic.

The best two player local co-op games ever created IMHO. Can't wait for this one.

#3 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@withe1982 said:

I can't get enough of these Lego games. I said after playing Lego Indiana Jones that a Lego LOTR would be amazing and indeed it was. I'm sure The Hobbit will be excellent also although it's a movie game as opposed to a Tolkien book inspired game just to be pedantic.

The best two player local co-op games ever created IMHO. Can't wait for this one.

i never tried Co-Op on these games because nobody i know plays these games. But they are fun

#4 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@withe1982 said:

I can't get enough of these Lego games. I said after playing Lego Indiana Jones that a Lego LOTR would be amazing and indeed it was. I'm sure The Hobbit will be excellent also although it's a movie game as opposed to a Tolkien book inspired game just to be pedantic.

The best two player local co-op games ever created IMHO. Can't wait for this one.

i never tried Co-Op on these games because nobody i know plays these games. But they are fun

They're what i'd describe as the perfect girlfriend games. You can play on video games with her and she'll enjoy the cute characters and collecting stuff and you still get the chance to play Star Wars, Indy, LOTR, Batman and Marvel games without her claiming they're for geeks.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@withe1982 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@withe1982 said:

I can't get enough of these Lego games. I said after playing Lego Indiana Jones that a Lego LOTR would be amazing and indeed it was. I'm sure The Hobbit will be excellent also although it's a movie game as opposed to a Tolkien book inspired game just to be pedantic.

The best two player local co-op games ever created IMHO. Can't wait for this one.

i never tried Co-Op on these games because nobody i know plays these games. But they are fun

They're what i'd describe as the perfect girlfriend games. You can play on video games with her and she'll enjoy the cute characters and collecting stuff and you still get the chance to play Star Wars, Indy, LOTR, Batman and Marvel games without her claiming they're for geeks.

That is true :P

#6 Posted by Jacanuk (4711 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good news Tolkien fans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

hehe nice :)

always enjoy lego games and their humour even tho its gets kinda repetitaive at a point, but more games should go Deadpool/lego´s way with a nice humour, but it seems that more and more games are going for the Noire look on life where they need to hit us with the main characters failure.

#7 Posted by Jacanuk (4711 posts) -

@withe1982 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@withe1982 said:

I can't get enough of these Lego games. I said after playing Lego Indiana Jones that a Lego LOTR would be amazing and indeed it was. I'm sure The Hobbit will be excellent also although it's a movie game as opposed to a Tolkien book inspired game just to be pedantic.

The best two player local co-op games ever created IMHO. Can't wait for this one.

i never tried Co-Op on these games because nobody i know plays these games. But they are fun

They're what i'd describe as the perfect girlfriend games. You can play on video games with her and she'll enjoy the cute characters and collecting stuff and you still get the chance to play Star Wars, Indy, LOTR, Batman and Marvel games without her claiming they're for geeks.

lol true :D

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good news Tolkien fans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

hehe nice :)

always enjoy lego games and their humour even tho its gets kinda repetitaive at a point, but more games should go Deadpool/lego´s way with a nice humour, but it seems that more and more games are going for the Noire look on life where they need to hit us with the main characters failure.

It's not easy doing humor in games though

#9 Posted by Jacanuk (4711 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good news Tolkien fans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

hehe nice :)

always enjoy lego games and their humour even tho its gets kinda repetitaive at a point, but more games should go Deadpool/lego´s way with a nice humour, but it seems that more and more games are going for the Noire look on life where they need to hit us with the main characters failure.

It's not easy doing humor in games though

True there is only so many times a thing can be funny.

But they do a good job Lego and the guys behind Deadpool and also the people behind No one lives forever, those games were fun.

#10 Edited by Namgis (3577 posts) -

Just the first 2 films included in the game, I'll wait till they offer a complete edition. Hopefully they go the route of the Lego LotR with the movie VO. I had a blast with that game.

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good news Tolkien fans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

hehe nice :)

always enjoy lego games and their humour even tho its gets kinda repetitaive at a point, but more games should go Deadpool/lego´s way with a nice humour, but it seems that more and more games are going for the Noire look on life where they need to hit us with the main characters failure.

It's not easy doing humor in games though

True there is only so many times a thing can be funny.

But they do a good job Lego and the guys behind Deadpool and also the people behind No one lives forever, those games were fun.

Too bad most of the guys at High Moon got fired from Activision even though they have made great games like Transformers and Deadpool

#12 Posted by Jacanuk (4711 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good news Tolkien fans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

hehe nice :)

always enjoy lego games and their humour even tho its gets kinda repetitaive at a point, but more games should go Deadpool/lego´s way with a nice humour, but it seems that more and more games are going for the Noire look on life where they need to hit us with the main characters failure.

It's not easy doing humor in games though

True there is only so many times a thing can be funny.

But they do a good job Lego and the guys behind Deadpool and also the people behind No one lives forever, those games were fun.

Too bad most of the guys at High Moon got fired from Activision even though they have made great games like Transformers and Deadpool

Didn´t even hear that but thats bad news, because they made great games

Activision and EA sometimes need to relax and not buy all the good studios, which they knew they usally ruin and they end up more hated than before.

#13 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good news Tolkien fans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/25/lego-the-hobbit-game-could-be-coming-in-2014

hehe nice :)

always enjoy lego games and their humour even tho its gets kinda repetitaive at a point, but more games should go Deadpool/lego´s way with a nice humour, but it seems that more and more games are going for the Noire look on life where they need to hit us with the main characters failure.

It's not easy doing humor in games though

True there is only so many times a thing can be funny.

But they do a good job Lego and the guys behind Deadpool and also the people behind No one lives forever, those games were fun.

Too bad most of the guys at High Moon got fired from Activision even though they have made great games like Transformers and Deadpool

Didn´t even hear that but thats bad news, because they made great games

Activision and EA sometimes need to relax and not buy all the good studios, which they knew they usally ruin and they end up more hated than before.

Yeah that is true sadly. Pandemic is one the reason i have issues with EA

#14 Posted by MrTakeda (141 posts) -

Lego Lord of the rings is my favorite Lego game so far, it is alot more glitchy than previous Lego games however. If Lego The Hobbit follows the same path as the Lego lord of the rings it will be a success. Speaking of The Hobbit, I love that movie and I can't wait for the next one, I also read the book recently.

#15 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1345 posts) -

Thanks for sharing this info, that's great news. Lego: LOTR is among my top 10 games of that gen, can't wait for The Hobbit game.

#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@187umKILLAH said:

Thanks for sharing this info, that's great news. Lego: LOTR is among my top 10 games of that gen, can't wait for The Hobbit game.

i believe the game will include the first two hobbit movies if i am not mistaken

#17 Posted by spike6958 (4822 posts) -

Would have gotten this if they weren't ripping us off with it. I enjoy the LEGO games, but to only include the first two movies and to purposely cut out the 3rd just so they can release a second game is wrong. Especially when all other LEGO Movie games have always had at least three movies per game.

#18 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1345 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@187umKILLAH said:

Thanks for sharing this info, that's great news. Lego: LOTR is among my top 10 games of that gen, can't wait for The Hobbit game.

i believe the game will include the first two hobbit movies if i am not mistaken

You are not mistaken as I just checked and yes it is the first two movies, must say I would prefer if they just waited a bit and did all three movies in one game. I assume they will release the third movie as a stand alone game too, to split them up like that is strange because I thought Lego: LOTR didn't sell that well. Oh well whatever, I'm sure they'll be just as much fun and hopefully at a reduced release date price.

#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -

@187umKILLAH said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@187umKILLAH said:

Thanks for sharing this info, that's great news. Lego: LOTR is among my top 10 games of that gen, can't wait for The Hobbit game.

i believe the game will include the first two hobbit movies if i am not mistaken

You are not mistaken as I just checked and yes it is the first two movies, must say I would prefer if they just waited a bit and did all three movies in one game. I assume they will release the third movie as a stand alone game too, to split them up like that is strange because I thought Lego: LOTR didn't sell that well. Oh well whatever, I'm sure they'll be just as much fun and hopefully at a reduced release date price.

i am sure there is a schedule issue or perhaps a deal involved. You never know how these things are put together. I am sure the game will be good

#20 Posted by Parado_xx (95 posts) -

The only LEGO game I've played so far is Pirates of the Caribbean, and I have yet to buy and play LEGO: LotR, but I still think this is great news. LEGO games always seem so charming and it's a blast playing co-op. Well, at least with PotC, heh.