Legend of Zelda - Wii U vs Ocarina Of Time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintegadrivenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By nintegadrivenx
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

Ocarina of Time, in my opinion is not only the best Zelda game ever, but hands-down the best videogame ever made period.

How many of you think that the new Legend of Zelda game on the Wii U will live up to our expectations? Will it fall short, even the score or exceed the best Nintendo game ever made?

I think that in order for Nintendo to succeed with this one, the first thing that they need to do is stop trying to change or stray away from what was already a winning formula.

They need to emulate everything about OOT and just focus on making changes mainly to the characters, locations and interactions to fit in to a new refreshing story line, Wii U's graphical capabilities speak for itself.

In regards to developments surrounding gameplay based on the Wii U's control scheme, the Wii mote could be used for mini games and for fishing as well as for the obvious things such as the Hookshot etc while the gamepad could be utilised for dungeon maps, inventory and for first person viewing of closed and open environments.

Seeing asthough the gamepad could be used to explore the games surroundings, could the gamepad be used to act as the pictobox like Link used in Zelda's Wind Waker? It would fit it just perfectly ;)

The gamepad could also be held with a sheild grip so it could double as a sheild in certain battles while using the wii mote as a sword, the gamepad could display the sheilds surface and as it recieves damage during game play it displays dents and marks while it vibrates accordingly.

And last but not least, the gamepad could also act as a virtual bottle or container that can be used to scoop up and hold liquids, dirt or seeds etc, or empty from the gamepad screen.

Please add your ideas on what you think the new Legend of Zelda game on the Wii U will be like, and what you would like to see in the game.

All I know is I have huge expectations for the new Legend of Zelda and in the meantime we can only dream and push our imaginations to the limit.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Ocarina of Time, while still a fantastic game, hasn't really aged well in some areas, like quest design in general. I just hope they actually release a new Zelda game soon.

nintegadrivenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nintegadrivenx

@mastermetal777: I agree, as great as OOT was there is defintely still room for some improvement in certain areas, some parts need to be modernised and reworked so it doesnt seem dated but thats a given and we should expect Nintendo to iron out any kinks in previous Zelda titles.

Lets hope its out 2016 for the Wii U.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44155 Posts

I think the best Zelda game was Twilight Princess followed by Ocarina. I certainly think that Zelda Wii U will be an excellent game that could potentially be the best. The Zelda games have a long-standing reputation of excellence and Nintendo is a high quality developer.

nintegadrivenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintegadrivenx

@Archangel3371: There are definitely elements of Twilight Princess that I would like to see incorporated into the new Legend of Zelda , loved the artistic design and it was visually and graphically on point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Well Ocarina was topped long ago by Majora's Mask, but I think liking OoT over U may wind up boiling down to when you played it, nostalgia definitely impacts just how much I like it (and Majora's Mask for that matter)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Both A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask were better Zelda games.

But opinions are nice things to have.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Hopefully they change the fact that link can basically fly off his horse, go into slow mo and shoot an apple. It's way too unrealistic.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#8 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@TheHighWind: as unrealistic as him being able to hold all his tools in his invisible satchel.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@TheHighWind: as unrealistic as him being able to hold all his tools in his invisible satchel.

Ah, toupee!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

Hopefully they change the fact that link can basically fly off his horse, go into slow mo and shoot an apple. It's way too unrealistic.

I never knew the Zelda games focused on realism... you know, with all the talking rock people and everything.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@TheHighWind said:

I never knew the Zelda games focused on realism... you know, with all the talking rock people and everything.

LOL people and their damn realism. One of the points of video games is to be unrealistic and wild. If all games were realistic, they would be dull and/or very frustrating. I can say for sure the FPS genre would be frustrating. You know, the whole die in one or two shots thing. :P