Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. Can I play this game by myself?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts

I got the game but it seems as though I cannot get the game started because it's waiting to link with other GBAs and such. Do I really need to play this game with 3 other people and spend 10-12 hours with these people before I beat the game with these people?

That would suck if it were true if not, how do I get past the beginning on my own and play the game on my own?

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -theCHUD-
fs on lttp cartridge... so I cant play this game?! That really ticks me off... is fs adventure the same game? just single player enabled?
-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -theCHUD-

wicked so just so im clear, fsa is not the same game, but it is still fun enough to try out.

and in order for me to play the four swords game on gba, i need to find 3 other people who will spend 10-12 hours with me just to play and beat the game. which happens to be a different game entirely from fsa.

isn't it unfair to zelda fans that they do not have the option to play this game on their own? im in college and have work, I dont exactly have a lot of free time, this game seriously caters to children, which is something I really don't like about nintendo, cause for anyone who is not a child. four swords on gba is very inconvenient isn't it?

have you played either or both? what is your take on it? I think it's absolute rubbish that I won't be able to play this game

RyanFerneau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RyanFerneau
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

and in order for me to play the four swords game on gba, i need to find 3 other people who will spend 10-12 hours with me just to play and beat the game.-theCHUD-

No, you don't need 3 other people. You just need at least 1 other person--it's a 2-, 3-, or 4-player game. In fact, 2 players might be easier to deal with in all those situations where you have to get everybody to do the same thing at the same time. The whole game is cleverly built around multiple players cooperating, though, so 1-player would make no sense.

And the game's not that long, either. You can get through each dungeon in just a few minutes if you know what you're doing. Of course, it all depends on whether you want to stop and really explore the level to collect lots of rupees and power-ups and whether you want to continue onto the two more difficult quests for the golden and hero keys. Repeating dungeons is also fun because they're made up of randomly assembled dungeon "building-blocks", so you rarely get the exact same dungeon twice. Or it can be fun to see how a dungeon changes when you vary the number of players.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Four Swords is like a multiplayer add-on for Link to the Past, but it's only the equivalent of 4 dungeons. You need 2-4 players for it, and you can unlock a secret dungeon and the Hurricane Spin in LttP.

Four Swords Adventures is a sequel and full-fledged game, as others have said. Personally, I'd call it one of my favorite games of last generation.

Ryan_Ferneau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ryan_Ferneau
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Hmm, looks like this board is so busy that -theCHUD- may never see that message. It's a shame that the title and storyline of this game mislead people into thinking that the game is for 4 players only. Although I don't know where that "10-12 hours" figure comes from...