Legacy System recommendation thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Kingiss (4 posts) -

Should I get ps 2 , it has a huge library that I would play, and can play psone games also. Or should I wait for ps3 backwards compitv.. ? and should I get ps2 even though its dying ?

#352 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

Should I get ps 2 , it has a huge library that I would play, and can play psone games also. Or should I wait for ps3 backwards compitv.. ? and should I get ps2 even though its dying ?

Kingiss
dude get a ps3! a ps3! its a good investment. why start with a console like ps2 that is dying. you will be wasting your money since eventually you will get a ps3 in the long run. so why not buy it now and start investing on the new games imo. unless you have some spare money to spend. ps3's coming games look good...bayoneta, god of war 3, ninja gaiden, final fantasy, dantes inferno, uncharted, demons soul maybe, batman, and marvel vs capcom 2.
#353 Posted by Kingiss (4 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kingiss"]

anbu-black-ops

dude get a ps3! a ps3! its a good investment. why start with a console like ps2 that is dying. you will be wasting your money since eventually you will get a ps3 in the long run. so why not buy it now and start investing on the new games imo. unless you have some spare money to spend. ps3's coming games look good...bayoneta, god of war 3, ninja gaiden, final fantasy, dantes inferno, uncharted, demons soul maybe, batman, and marvel vs capcom 2.

Yea but they are maybe planning to make backward thing to ps3, but not yet.And there arent good games on ps3 what I look for in ps2. So maybe I buy ps2 and wait when ps3 is 200 £ . I dont really care about the graphics :

And if its dying there are still great games for ps2

#354 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

lol i know. just remember that theres ALOT of games on the ps2, so you might end up spending more like me. so just try to keep an eye on your budget since you will be getting a ps3 in the future. you will be surprise at how much you will spend just for the ps2 games alone. be sure to grab those ps2 trilogy games, it saves you alot of money.

#356 Posted by manhunter92 (259 posts) -

I would say PS2 but thats just me. I pretty much agree on everything you've just said. They are cheaper but who the hell cares about if a game system is "dying" or not. I own a PS2 and the games are always at a reasonable price compared to the newer ones like PS3. If you want to waste an ass load of money on PS3 with not as big of a selection as PS2 then by all means go right ahead. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't waste all that moneywhen I could just wait a few months to get the system for A LOT less money.

#357 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -

I would say PS2 but thats just me. I pretty much agree on everything you've just said. They are cheaper but who the hell cares about if a game system is "dying" or not. I own a PS2 and the games are always at a reasonable price compared to the newer ones like PS3. If you want to waste an ass load of money on PS3 with not as big of a selection as PS2 then by all means go right ahead. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't waste all that moneywhen I could just wait a few months to get the system for A LOT less money.

manhunter92

Says the guy with the Halo-inspired avatar. (But it's true, get the PS2 first.)

#358 Posted by manhunter92 (259 posts) -

What does that have to do with anything haha? I may like Sony but I like Microsoft as well...not like I don't have to be hooked to one or the other

#359 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -

What does that have to do with anything haha? I may like Sony but I like Microsoft as well...not like I don't have to be hooked to one or the other

manhunter92

Sorry, I don't know... just pointing it out. :oops:

#360 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
woot~ finally. fatal frame 1 is now in stock. its a reprint. so anyone who wants to get this game new is now available at gamequestdirect. i ordered the trilogy pack. i never thought i would get to buy this game brand new. just letting you know~
#363 Posted by ShadowsRunner (742 posts) -

Is there any good RPG games on the good old ps2? The only I could think of right now is persona 3 and 4 but I never play any one of those before since I don't have a ps 2...yet. Are Persona 3 and 4 any good?

#364 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

Is there any good RPG games on the good old ps2? The only I could think of right now is persona 3 and 4 but I never play any one of those before since I don't have a ps 2...yet. Are Persona 3 and 4 any good?

ShadowsRunner
its really good. gameplay, story and graphics are excellent and should not be missed for rpg fans. the story is really unique from the usual rpg, so is the gameplay. and also those games are standalone so you dont have to play the old ones. its a must buy!!! especially if your an anime fan. if you get persona 3, get the fes version. also the game was rpg of the year!!!
#365 Posted by ShadowsRunner (742 posts) -
[QUOTE="ShadowsRunner"]

anbu-black-ops
its really good. gameplay, story and graphics are excellent and should not be missed for rpg fans. the story is really unique from the usual rpg, so is the gameplay. and also those games are standalone so you dont have to play the old ones. its a must buy!!! especially if your an anime fan. if you get persona 3, get the fes version. also the game was rpg of the year!!!

Ok thanks but what is this fes version are you talking about here?
#366 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
#367 Posted by resevl4rlz (3272 posts) -

Im looking for gamecube games, probally going to hit ebay or play and trade

how are the star wars rogue squadron games.
do i want mario golf, and mario sunshine

the current games i have is
melee
pikmin 1 and 2
Sonic Dx directors cut
Zelda collectors edition
Zelda oot/ Master quest
resident evil 0,1,2,3,4,cv,
luigi's mansion Im probally going to hit ebay or play and trade how are the star wars rogue squadron games. do i want mario golf, and mario sunshine the current games i have is melee pikmin 1 and 2 Sonic Dx directors cut Zelda collectors edition Zelda oot/ Master quest resident evil 0,1,2,3,4,cv, luigi's mansion

#368 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

melee
pikmin 1 and 2
Sonic Dx directors cut
Zelda collectors edition
Zelda oot/ Master quest
luigi's mansion Im probally going to hit ebay or play and trade how are the star wars rogue squadron games. do i want mario golf, and mario sunshine the current games i have is melee pikmin 1 and 2 Sonic Dx directors cut Zelda collectors edition Zelda oot/ Master quest resident evil 0,1,2,3,4,cv, luigi's mansion

resevl4rlz

what about metal gear solid twin snakes and tales of symphony? thats the only game im interested for gc aside from the resident evil games which you already have. maybe some fire emblem too!!!

#369 Posted by resevl4rlz (3272 posts) -

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

melee
pikmin 1 and 2
Sonic Dx directors cut
Zelda collectors edition
Zelda oot/ Master quest

anbu-black-ops

what about metal gear solid twin snakes and tales of symphony? thats the only game im interested for gc aside from the resident evil games which you already have. maybe some fire emblem too!!!

i forgot to add metal gear twin snakes

#370 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

i saw your avatar thats why. lol. hope you get that game. im dying to play it. also try viewtiful joe 1 and 2.

#371 Posted by ShadowsRunner (742 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/persona3face/index.html?tag=result;title;0

persona 3 fes contains the original persona 3 game (w/ additional new personas)plus the extra chapter/extra story/extra content.

great game indeed. if you like this game, make sure you get a ps3. i heard persona 5 is coming to ps3. read it siliconera afew weeks ago.

anbu-black-ops
I have not played any persona games yet and persona 5 is announced already. lol thanks for the info. Since I just gave up hope on xbox 360 I might as well look for a ps 3.
#372 Posted by ShadowsRunner (742 posts) -

Persona 3 FES is english right? Because I only understand english.

#373 Posted by ShadowsRunner (742 posts) -

I played okami in the past at a friend's house and I thought it was very good in terms of almost everything. But the weird thing is the "voice" of the characters in the game. Why did they create such strange sounds for all characters whenever they are speaking.

#374 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -

ShadowsRunner

they are all in english both persona 3 fes (get the one that has a free artbook and soundtrack cd) and persona 4.

also fate/stay night for the psp is going to be available 2 months from now as a downloadable game.

http://kotaku.com/5321154/fateunlimited-codes-hits-psp-this-september

that is if you have a psp. i just saw your ava so i thought you might be interested. its in english too.

okami is a great game from what i heard. it was a contender for game of the year during its release. i still havent open my copy though. hehehe. to lazy to play games these days.

#375 Posted by ShadowsRunner (742 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsRunner"]

anbu-black-ops

they are all in english both persona 3 fes (get the one that has a free artbook and soundtrack cd) and persona 4.

also fate/stay night for the psp is going to be available 2 months from now as a downloadable game.

http://kotaku.com/5321154/fateunlimited-codes-hits-psp-this-september

that is if you have a psp. i just saw your ava so i thought you might be interested. its in english too.

okami is a great game from what i heard. it was a contender for game of the year during its release. i still havent open my copy though. hehehe. to lazy to play games these days.

Nice info. Thanks. I will be checking that one out.
#376 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
anybody who hasnt grab a copy of nocturne and digital devil saga 1 & 2, they are still available at amazon for a cheap price brand new. last chance to grab these games before it becomes rare again!
#378 Posted by Laihendi (5810 posts) -
I've decided to buy a new power cable and controller and start using my old PS2 again. I never bought any RPG's for it before... and was thinking about getting Final Fantasy X and XII, and Dragon Quest XIII. I've never played any games from either of those series before, but do you think I could still enjoy them? Are there any other major RPG's I should try out?
#379 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
I've decided to buy a new power cable and controller and start using my old PS2 again. I never bought any RPG's for it before... and was thinking about getting Final Fantasy X and XII, and Dragon Quest XIII. I've never played any games from either of those series before, but do you think I could still enjoy them? Are there any other major RPG's I should try out?Laihendi
yeah, get those games you've mention. then get also persona 3 fes and persona 4. both where rpg of the year. kingdom heatrs series also is a must play. if you like srpg then get disgaea. its one of the best srpg out there. those are the must have for rpg games only. when you finish all those rpgs mention and still want to play more. try the shadow hearts series.
#380 Posted by Laihendi (5810 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]I've decided to buy a new power cable and controller and start using my old PS2 again. I never bought any RPG's for it before... and was thinking about getting Final Fantasy X and XII, and Dragon Quest XIII. I've never played any games from either of those series before, but do you think I could still enjoy them? Are there any other major RPG's I should try out?anbu-black-ops
yeah, get those games you've mention. then get also persona 3 fes and persona 4. both where rpg of the year. kingdom heatrs series also is a must play. if you like srpg then get disgaea. its one of the best srpg out there. those are the must have for rpg games only. when you finish all those rpgs mention and still want to play more. try the shadow hearts series.

Thanks a lot! I'll start looking into all of those right away.
#381 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -

[QUOTE="anbu-black-ops"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]I've decided to buy a new power cable and controller and start using my old PS2 again. I never bought any RPG's for it before... and was thinking about getting Final Fantasy X and XII, and Dragon Quest XIII. I've never played any games from either of those series before, but do you think I could still enjoy them? Are there any other major RPG's I should try out?Laihendi

Thanks a lot! I'll start looking into all of those right away.

On Amazon Nocturne is available for a low price right now, if you're good at JRPGs it's a fun game, but it's pretty hard if you aren't very good at them.

#382 Posted by thatninja18 (173 posts) -

grandia series devil may cry mgs series final fantasy onimusha shadow hearts growlancer resident evil omg so may to choose from ....it really is hard sometimes

#383 Posted by Slashfan10 (1242 posts) -

What about turn based RPG's? Are there any good ones that play like FFX?

#384 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -

What about turn based RPG's? Are there any good ones that play like FFX?

Slashfan10

Try Persona 3: Fes or Persona 4, most people like them.

#385 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
anybody played Shadow of Destiny for the ps2? is it good? it got a good rating here on gs.
#386 Posted by mlfowler (51 posts) -

I have five GC games to recommend to you all (these are my personal favorites, so sorry if you think I don't have much taste):

1. Mega Man Anniversary Collection. The replay value is astounding...I haven't gone more than two days without playing it.

2. Mega Man X Collection. Again, the replay value is great, but there aren't as many games to enjoy as MMAC.

3. Super Mario Sunshine. The game has a very Hawaiian feel to it, which makes it that much more fun.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Basically a chibi, more light-hearted Twilight Princess. Which makes it very good in my opinion.

5. Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut. The minigames may be hard to unlock, but it's still pretty fun in my opinion.

#387 Posted by Reach01 (268 posts) -
What is the best space game? I like Mass Effect and Dead Space although I would like something EVEN MORE adventurous. Like EVE Online or Homeworld. What is a good game (preferably NON JRPG) that I should look into? I like to explore a lot, I am looking for a REAL game, not something like a puzzle or Rez HD. I'm also looking for it to be in 3D. Thanks.
#388 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -

What is the best space game? I like Mass Effect and Dead Space although I would like something EVEN MORE adventurous. Like EVE Online or Homeworld. What is a good game (preferably NON JRPG) that I should look into? I like to explore a lot, I am looking for a REAL game, not something like a puzzle or Rez HD. I'm also looking for it to be in 3D. Thanks.Reach01

How are puzzle GAMES not games? Am I not a real gamer because I'm I like puzzle games, JRPGs, Action Advernture games, and online First Person Shooters? Is Q a fake developer?

#389 Posted by MAT0R0 (53 posts) -

I don't know what game to get that can last long and has great replaybility (lasts forever). I was thinking of these 3 games (for Xbox1):

1.) The Warriors (People reviews say that it lasts for ever! But wouldn't it get repetitve after awhile?)

2.) Deus Ex 2 (I have Deus Ex 1, but should I really get it then? Is it the same as the first one?)

3.) Chronicles of Riddick (Looks just as good as Deus Ex, but the reviews said it was short, short games might not have long replaybility)

-

Yeah, you people are probably saying, why not buy all 3 of them? Well answer is, that I don't want too much xbox games. I just want the top best ones, that lasts for a whole long time.

So can anyone help me on what game to get(that has unlimited playability), outta the 3, based on your experience with these games?

#390 Posted by Superzone (3713 posts) -
[QUOTE="mlfowler"]

I have five GC games to recommend to you all (these are my personal favorites, so sorry if you think I don't have much taste):

1. Mega Man Anniversary Collection. The replay value is astounding...I haven't gone more than two days without playing it.

2. Mega Man X Collection. Again, the replay value is great, but there aren't as many games to enjoy as MMAC.

3. Super Mario Sunshine. The game has a very Hawaiian feel to it, which makes it that much more fun.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Basically a chibi, more light-hearted Twilight Princess. Which makes it very good in my opinion.

5. Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut. The minigames may be hard to unlock, but it's still pretty fun in my opinion.

I totally agree with that list. Sonic DX is so underrated and like no one has it. I bought that back in 2003 and it was one of my single favorite games last gen. The reviews for that game were FAR too harsh. I had a blast collecting all 180 emblems and unlocking stuff!
#391 Posted by guitarherofan77 (208 posts) -

I just beat mgs4. It was my first mgs game. For my next game, should I get 3 or 2?

#392 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -

Play 2 first, but it's not very important.You kinda ruined it by playing 4 first, but it's still worth playing.

#393 Posted by guitarherofan77 (208 posts) -

Play 2 first, but it's not very important.You kinda ruined it by playing 4 first, but it's still worth playing.

TSNAKE617

Yeah I know I ruined it, but I still want to experience the strories of the other 2, and fill in the blanks.

#394 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9185 posts) -

How was Morrowind not in the Xbox reccomendations?

That was probably the best game last gen. I put over 200 hours into it. And didn't even manage to complete half of the quests in the game.

#395 Posted by gamerblack (34 posts) -
much appreciated
#396 Posted by CursedGamer556 (3 posts) -
Ps2 List 5: Rachet and Clank Deadlocked and Up your arsenal 4: Gran Theft Auto series 3: Jak 3 2: Jak X 1: Kingdom Hearts Series
#397 Posted by CursedGamer556 (3 posts) -
sorry forgot some :P 8: Tony hawks Proving Ground 7: Final Fantasy Series 6: Guitar Hero Series
#398 Posted by Huskers25 (40 posts) -

does anyone play any ps2 games online?if so which ones.......

#399 Posted by dante5395 (240 posts) -

ps2 (reveiws):

1.THPS 3

2.GTA:san andreas

3.GTA:vice city

4.MGS 2:SOL

5.tekken tag

ps2 (ur recommendations):

1.kingdom hearts 2

2.final fantasy X

3.kingdom hearts

GC (reveiws):

1.WindWaker

2.paper mario

3.veiwtiful joe

4.freedom fighters

GC (ur recommendations):

1.matroid prim

2.super smash bros. melee

3.super mario sunshine

4.luigi's mansion

(hint:i didn't put these by rating i like exaple:#1 favorite tekken tag,thats not what i mean and i did't put xbox because i never have played xbox.)

#400 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -

What are some good WRPGs for the Xbox? (I have Fable 1 and Morrowmind.)