Legacy System recommendation thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

memphishigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 memphishigh
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts

What are some good Action RPG's on the PS2 ... I have played Rouge Galaxy, both Dark Clouds, Both Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Legendia, FF X and 12, etc

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
Can anyone recommend a PS2 RPG more in the Oblivion/Fallout fold with active combat not turn based. But not Kingdom Hearts. Got that :)rastaman219
You could always try Champions of Norrath or the Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance games. They're more of a hack'n'slash, Diabloesque kind of game.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 yentar480

What are some good Action RPG's on the PS2 ... I have played Rouge Galaxy, both Dark Clouds, Both Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Legendia, FF X and 12, etc

memphishigh
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Tales of the Abyss and Odin Sphere are a few that come to mind. Odin Sphere is incredible, and fairly inexpensive now a days
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#204 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

memphishigh
Star Ocean games or Odin Sphere. That's all I can think of.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 GamerBoy53
.[QUOTE="memphishigh"]

yentar480
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Tales of the Abyss and Odin Sphere are a few that come to mind. Odin Sphere is incredible, and fairly inexpensive now a days

Damn, you just jacked the thread creators response.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 yentar480
I was on the ball earlier :)
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Wow, I bought Geist on clearance for the GC. I finally got around to playing it and what a nice surprise this game is. If you are looking for a fun FPS, I highly recommend renting this game or picking it up cheap.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#208 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
I recommend Shadow Of Rome to all that have a Ps2. It is a truly breathtaking game, that has much reply value.
Jimbobisdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Jimbobisdabest
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
For Xbox I would say Fable and then for gamecube, Mario sunshine and mario kart double dash. For PS2, Star wars battlefront 1 + 2
mage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#210 mage32
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

i am a major fan of rpgs and my birthday is coming up and i dont know what i want i own all consoles except ps3 plz help

and the main ponit i am doing this message is becuase

if you havent read the top bit yet my birthday is coming up and i want a persona game but i can only get one now and another one later in the year

and i was thinking about getting persona 3 fes edition for my birthday and then persona 4 later

or should i just get 4 now plz help

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 GamerBoy53

i am a major fan of rpgs and my birthday is coming up and i dont know what i want i own all consoles except ps3 plz help

if you havent read the top bit yet my birthday is coming up and i want a persona game but i can only get one now and another one later in the year

and i was thinking about getting persona 3 fes edition for my birthday and then persona 4 later

mage32
I've never played any, but I would say you should get 3 first because it's older and might be too hard to find compared to 4 which came out like 4 months ago and is still kind of common. If you take too long you might just not be able to get the old ones. Or just buy the more expensive one and put the bill on whoever's buying it:P.
Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#212 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

In case anyone is interested I found an awesome game a while ago for Xbox, it's an action/real time strategy game that is unlike anything I've ever played.

Link to Game's Page

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 yentar480

mage32
I'm not sure how easy they are to find in stores. But they are always available on Amazon.com. Make sure you get Persona 3 FES and not just Persona 3. I'd recommend purchasing that first and then Persona 4. If you're able to get both at the same time DO IT. They are two of the best RPG's on the PS2.
mage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 mage32

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

or

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

which is better ?

ps is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne called Shin Megami Tensei: lucifers call in england

mage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 mage32

which is the best out of the Atelier Iris series

and do you need to play the first ones to enjoy the 3rd

which one is best

Atelier Iris 1

Atelier Iris 2

Atelier Iris 3

Avatar image for FightingLobster
FightingLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 FightingLobster
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
A great system for Platforming games is the PS2, here's a list of Platformers that I would reccomend everyone should check out some time: Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (personally my favorite of the 3) Jak and Daxter Jak 2 Jak 3 Sly Cooper Sly Cooper 2 Sly Cooper 3 (my favorite) Rayman 2: Revolution Klonoa 2 Crash Twinsanity Psychonauts Ape Escape 2 Ape Escape 3 and... Pac Man World 2 (it's good, surprisingly) Tell me if you get any of those and if you like them or not :)
neseri12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 neseri12
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts
[QUOTE="FightingLobster"]A great system for Platforming games is the PS2, here's a list of Platformers that I would reccomend everyone should check out some time: Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (personally my favorite of the 3) Jak and Daxter Jak 2 Jak 3 Sly Cooper Sly Cooper 2 Sly Cooper 3 (my favorite) Rayman 2: Revolution Klonoa 2 Crash Twinsanity Psychonauts Ape Escape 2 Ape Escape 3 and... Pac Man World 2 (it's good, surprisingly) Tell me if you get any of those and if you like them or not :)

thanks will try em out . Im intrested in the sly cooper series, is it good?
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#218 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

My problem with sports games has alway been that they deviate somewhat from the game they are intended to protray.

The one I have found that is most true to the game is Rugby and from 05 to 08 it has been fantastic each year.

While there is not much in the way of rewards or trophies in the game it is the "Rugby Experience" of the game play the is the reward itself.

This game feels like it was developed and made by those who both love and play rugby for those who love and play rugby.

It is true to both the rules and gameplay of the sport. In my other games I can always find an area where somebody did not understand a rule or regulation and it does affect the match somehow. Or there somewhere you can use something in the gameplay to your advantage. Not here - you are playing rugger and that is all there is too it.

first rugby ....next i hope that cricket and Aussie Rules footy come to North America.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

I'm looking for a new game on PS2, something along rpg/adventure and no turn-based. Here are some games I own in the adventure genre and looking for recommendations similar to these:

Final Fantasy X/X-2/XII
Rogue Galaxy
Okami
Dragon Quest VIII
ICO
SotC

Cheers :)

bigbeebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 bigbeebis
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

I liked mostly the GC games.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
I've got a small list of games I am looking forward to buy. Which of these are top priority and overall your favourite? God of War II (played before, and loved) Okami Shadow of the Colossus (played before, completed and loved) Viewtiful Joe (same as above) Zone of the Enders 2
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 GamerBoy53
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]I've got a small list of games I am looking forward to buy. Which of these are top priority and overall your favourite? God of War II (played before, and loved) Okami Shadow of the Colossus (played before, completed and loved) Viewtiful Joe (same as above) Zone of the Enders 2

I've only played 3 of those, but my favorite of those is Shadow of the Colossus.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 GamerBoy53

I'm looking for a new game on PS2, something along rpg/adventure and no turn-based. Here are some games I own in the adventure genre and looking for recommendations similar to these:

Final Fantasy X/X-2/XII
Rogue Galaxy
Okami
Dragon Quest VIII
ICO
SotC

Cheers :)

enz2

Kingdom Hearts might work, although it's not as medieval and everything as those. It's based on Disney, but it's a really good RPG and is thought of as a Disney branch-off of the Final Fantasy series. Or the Star Ocean games which are only decent in my opinion. Look into those anyway though, you might like them. Also, I don't see the 11th Final Fantasy in there. Maybe that.

superdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 superdum
Member since 2009 • 240 Posts

PS2

RPG

any of the .hack and star ocen games

shooters

kilzone and all of the conflict games

fighting

Battle assult 3 featureing gundum seed, DBZ, and the naruto games

mage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 mage32

why hasnt any one asnwered my questions up above yet.

anyway suikoden 4 or 5

bladechaos13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 bladechaos13
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts
I'm impressed by the workings of your recommendation thread ;D if only there were a thread rater ;P
bladechaos13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 bladechaos13
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts
I haven't played most of these classic games but I'll give you props on the memorization ;P
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 yentar480

why hasnt any one asnwered my questions up above yet.

anyway suikoden 4 or 5

mage32
I haven't played either but I hear that Suikoden 4 is awful.
mage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 mage32

this is excactly why the recommendation thread is poor no one has played any of the games it all just what people have heard and most of my questions havent even been answered and yet u cant make sepeerate posts on which gams to get without losing ponits so its stupid

i wanna be a thread editor

MasonB15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#230 MasonB15
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

this is excactly why the recommendation thread is poor no one has played any of the games it all just what people have heard and most of my questions havent even been answered and yet u cant make sepeerate posts on which gams to get without losing ponits so its stupid

mage32
I prefer Suikoden V. It starts slow, but it gets good eventually. And here is a free tip. If you want someone to answer your response, it might help if you at least use some punctuation.
mage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 mage32

sorry about the puncuation

alix_rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 alix_rose
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts
xbox- dreamfall: the longest journey.
djjoe60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 djjoe60
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Great reccomendations! I personally reccomend Halo 1 and Halo 2 for Xbox and the Splinter Cells, Tomb Raiders, Resident Evils etc for PS2.

jdiego82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#234 jdiego82
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts

MGS 3: Snake Eater.

Great action, epic story, and the added bonus of in-game posters of Japanese models in bikinis.

What more could a PS2 owner want? :D

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 GamerBoy53
[QUOTE="mage32"] Sorry, some games just don't get played by people so they can't really be recommended. I haven't played Suikoden either. Also, I am very inactive on this site now. I just come on like once a week to assist in my recommendation sticky since I'm responsible for it.[QUOTE="bladechaos13"]I'm impressed by the workings of your recommendation thread ;D if only there were a thread rater ;P

Thanks, and I could probably make a rater out of the poll, but I don't want to destroy 6 months worth of votes (I just realized, it's been up that long already??? ).[QUOTE="bladechaos13"]I haven't played most of these classic games but I'll give you props on the memorization ;P

Thanks again. I had a hard time choosing. 2 or 3 of the games I just put in just because I couldn't think of anything better. The fillers are still fairly good games though.

mage32
Wow, someone's pissed. Someone else should probably replace this thread at some point anyway. I don't come onto Gamespot really anymore so soon the entire thread structure is going to collapse and get abandoned. And I think the only way to edit someone else's thread is to be a mod. And thanks to other people adding in their own recommendations. My tastes are probably different then the tastes of some people so it's good to have variety.
Avatar image for jomachasandberg
jomachasandberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 jomachasandberg
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

i liked mass effect. should i try knights of the old republic or is it to old

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 GamerBoy53

i liked mass effect. should i try knights of the old republic or is it to old

jomachasandberg
I first played it like 4 years after it's release and I liked it. Age shouldn't really matter, unless you are obsessive over the graphics of a game, or something.
DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#238 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
Getting a couple of games tomorrow, I know I want Burnout Revenge, the other is between Red Faction 2 and Contra Shattered Soldier (yeah I know, there's probly not many ppl that's played these two "gems") which do you recommend? I'll possibly get all three, not sure though. I haven't played Okami yet, I'm kinda scared I won't like it....
jomachasandberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 jomachasandberg

thanks

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 GamerBoy53
Getting a couple of games tomorrow, I know I want Burnout Revenge, the other is between Red Faction 2 and Contra Shattered Soldier (yeah I know, there's probly not many ppl that's played these two "gems") which do you recommend? I'll possibly get all three, not sure though. I haven't played Okami yet, I'm kinda scared I won't like it....DManSteelerFan
Okami's supposed to be good. I played Burnout Revenge like last week for the first time and didn't see why it's liked by Gamespot so much though. I don't know, it's just a big free roaming map with races and stuff all over the place. I haven't played the other 2 "gems" as you call them.

thanks

jomachasandberg
You're welcome.
jomachasandberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 jomachasandberg

I've got a small list of games I am looking forward to buy. Which of these are top priority and overall your favourite? God of War II (played before, and loved) Okami Shadow of the Colossus (played before, completed and loved) Viewtiful Joe (same as above) Zone of the Enders 2aaronmullan

since you havnt beaten okami i would get that first. its one of my favorite ps2 games

jomachasandberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 jomachasandberg

i was wondering what are the 5 best rpgs for the ps2, xbox, and gameboy advanced. thanks for your help in advance

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#243 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
for the ps2 i think ff 10 & 12, persona 3 & 4, dragon quest 8. for gba all i can think of is fire emblem and super robot taisen.
GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#245 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts

For people looking for something different, I highly recommend the game Cubivore for the GCN. It's an eccentric title published by atlus that featured these creatures you tried to keep alive by eating other creatures, taking on part of that creature in one of it's shapes, and creating offspring. The goal is to create a strong enough creature to defeat the killer cubivore. It's different, that's for sure.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#246 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
shadow of rome??? is it good. it got a solid rating... anyone played this game before.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 GamerBoy53
[QUOTE="nelfer320"]Hi I'm looking to expand my PS2 collection. All I have are Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3, Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3(I skipped DMC2 cause I heard it was bad), and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe. I have a list of games I feel a little interested but I want to know if there worth it and if they would look good on my HDTV. 1. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2. Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel 3. Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir 4. Killer 7 5. God Hand 6. Final Fantasy XII 7. Megaman X Collection 8. Megaman X7 9. Megaman X8 10. Shadow of The Collosus 11. Viewtiful Joe 12. Viewtiful Joe 2 13. Ico 14. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 15. GTA San Andreas

No matter what you do, PS2 games aren't HD so it isn't going to work anyway. Anyway, GTA is extremely fun to just go around doing whatever. I like teaming up with people and doing drive by's in it:P. Viewtiful Joe is good. It's bizarre and a pretty good mix of platforming and fighting (Mainly platforming). Mega Man games are all good. I've never played any of the X's though. I was going to buy FFXII but I didn't so I can't really help with that. The MGS games are good. I don't know about the others.
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts
I was wondering if someone could give me a list of Dreamcast games to check out. They are starting to sell brand new ones for only $100 US now because of the economic downturn, and I was interested in ordering one, but I need to see if any of the games interest me. Please leave out Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, I already have Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the Gamecube.
mikeg542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 mikeg542
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Hey I was just looking for a few game recommendations if any of you would be so kind! I have PS2 and Xbox and was wondering if there was a game or few that fit this criteria: PREFERABLY multiplayer co op: Has a good storyline Has puzzles/thinking aspects (think silent hill/resident evil style puzzles/fetching keys, though solving puzzles would be preferable) has decent graphics not turn based combat. combat part of the game but not the only part. Adventure/RPG/strategy genre. my gf is wanting to play some video games but likes ones with a good storyline and thinking/problem solving to them (and doesn't like shootem ups) and I would like to find a game similar that we could play together. Thanks for any help!