Legacy System recommendation thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lynchmisfit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 lynchmisfit99
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I actually never liked the Harvest Moon series; and on a sidenote, the Gamecube Harvest Moon games seemed to only push the kiddie lunchbox of a console further into obscurity.
SeraphEnforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 SeraphEnforcer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Persona 4 or Call of duty Final Fronts?
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
I actually never liked the Harvest Moon series; and on a sidenote, the Gamecube Harvest Moon games seemed to only push the kiddie lunchbox of a console further into obscurity.lynchmisfit99
That's nice.
Persona 4 or Call of duty Final Fronts?SeraphEnforcer
I say probably Persona 4. Ihaven't played either, but Persona 4 is considered to be the last good PS2 game. Hard to beat that, isn't it;)??? And anyways, if you want Call of Duty you can always just get CoD4 which would probably last you longer.
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#104 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
[QUOTE="lynchmisfit99"] I say probably Persona 4. Ihaven't played either, but Persona 4 is considered to be the last good PS2 game. Hard to beat that, isn't it;)??? And anyways, if you want Call of Duty you can always just get CoD4 which would probably last you longer.GamerBoy53
I'm sure it won't be the last good PS2 game. That statement probably started from Persona fanboys. And since Persona 4 is likely to be the last Persona game on the PS2, they came up with such a idea.
Persona 4.
I actually never liked the Harvest Moon series; and on a sidenote, the Gamecube Harvest Moon games seemed to only push the kiddie lunchbox of a console further into obscurity.lynchmisfit99
Now, there were some casual games on the Gamecube but I wouldn't go to the extent of calling the Gamecube a kiddie console. And regrdless of whether you were being serious or not, posting negative things that are similar in nature to your post is considered trolling. The following is taken from the top of the page: Anyone who trolls or flames another user will be moderated accordingly.
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#105 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
What's a good online game on the PS2 that isn't a shooter? And is still playable online. And not FIFA 08 because EA is gonna shut the servers for that game down soon. Thanks in advance.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GamerBoy53
What's a good online game on the PS2 that isn't a shooter? And is still playable online. And not FIFA 08 because EA is gonna shut the servers for that game down soon. Thanks in advance.scar-hawk
I've never tried the online portion of the PS2 so I'm clueless.
Rookie395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 Rookie395
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts

What's a good online game on the PS2 that isn't a shooter? And is still playable online. And not FIFA 08 because EA is gonna shut the servers for that game down soon. Thanks in advance.scar-hawk

Shooters are the core of online. A good online game would be one of the following:

Burnout 3

Starwars Battlefront 2

Mortal Kombat (Deception or Armagedon)

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head ... but I don't know how strong the communities are. Plus, a new server is shut down every other week (if even that long) so I'd advise against getting games purely for their online merit. However, every game up there (except Mortal Kombats in my opinion) are really good one player games, espessially burnout.

Hope this helped.

ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#108 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts
i would get persona 4 codwawff is kinda crappy
Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

GC games I own and recommend:

Zelda Wind Waker

Zelda Collectors Edition

Beyond Good and Evil

Prince of Persia Sands of Time

Tales of Symphonia

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Baten Kaitos Origins

I wanna officialy retire my gamecube, are there any other games I would enjoy, based on the games I have and like??? Most of them are Action Adventure, aren`t they?

ramonl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 ramonl2
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts
a good PS2 RPG Not persona or an FF plz
Rookie395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Rookie395
a good PS2 RPG Not persona or an FF plzramonl2
Baulders Gate Dark Alliance is Fantastic, as is Dark Cloud 2. You could also look at the Kingdom Hearts. If you want to get into lesser known games, I've always enjoyed Xenosaga. I also forogt, Dragon Quest is great as well. RPGS are easy to come by with PS2 :)
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#112 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I'd say take a look at the Suikoden series as well as Covenant Hearts.
Longcat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#113 Longcat2
Member since 2008 • 924 Posts

Does anyone know if there's anywhere in Australia I can still get Metroid Prime 1 and 2 nand Soulcalibur 2?

Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts

Shadow Hearts

Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts
[QUOTE="scar-hawk"][QUOTE="GamerBoy53"] 1. How should I know???

2. Katamari Damacy

3. I don't know. I Ninja??? Is there a Ninja Gaiden on PS2??? If there is then that one is I guess.

Rookie395

There are no Ninja Gaiden games on the PS2. But your safest bet I guess is a Tenchu game.

Thanks. Any suggestions for a tennis game?

Be warned, Tenchu is not a ninja action game; it's a stealth game, and your character is rather limited as to what he or she can do. if you want something that plays like Ninja Gaiden, try Devil May Cry 3 or Bujingai.

HUNK-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 HUNK-007
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
Okay, I own an Xbox, and I want to be scared. (Well I have a GameCube but already own Eternal Darkness and all Resident Evils). I've played Silent Hill 2 and Doom 3, and traded in Fatal Frame because I didn't like it. So what is my best option? Is Obscure scary?
JTH_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#117 JTH_22
Member since 2005 • 1438 Posts
Ok I had a PS2 a few years ago and sold it before I got a 360 and I came to regret it after the God of War games came out. I just bought one (my PS3 isn't BC) for $49.99 at GameStop that's like new. There were alot of games I had yet to play and these are the ones I picked up: God of War, RE 4, and Final Fantasy X-2 (I WILL get Final Fantasy X and play it before I play X-2 I just wasn't thinking when I picked it up). What else should I get RPG and Survival Horror inparticular?
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#118 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Okay, I own an Xbox, and I want to be scared. (Well I have a GameCube but already own Eternal Darkness and all Resident Evils). I've played Silent Hill 2 and Doom 3, and traded in Fatal Frame because I didn't like it. So what is my best option? Is Obscure scary? HUNK-007
You can check out The Suffering. That's about the only other game that's on my mind that may give you a scare or two. Oh, and Manhunt.
fsu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 fsu12
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
What PS2 RPG would you reccomend for a first time RPG player?
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GamerBoy53
What PS2 RPG would you reccomend for a first time RPG player?fsu12
Maybe Kingdom Hearts 2. It's easy for about 8 hours and then gradually get's tougher. By the end it is brutal though.
Rookie395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Rookie395

What PS2 RPG would you reccomend for a first time RPG player?fsu12

Final Fantasy X, it is really easy to get into, is cheap (price wise) and is somewhat linear (Really hard to get off track of the story). It'll teach you the basics and then you can get into more free-roam 'find your own way' games.

fsu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 fsu12
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I just picked up Final Fantasy X along with Biohock at Gamestop and im just now starting it.
Rookie395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Rookie395
No problem :). Enjoy it.
memphishigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 memphishigh
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts
What is the best...or only western RPG on the PS2?
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GamerBoy53
What is the best...or only western RPG on the PS2?memphishigh
Depends. If you like action RPG's try the Kingdom Heart's series or possibly the Star Ocean series. Star Ocean might not be your style though. I don't know. If you like Turn Based go with the Final Fantasy series or maybe something else. Depends. If you like Strategy RPG's you should like the Disgaea series.
memphishigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 memphishigh
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts
[QUOTE="memphishigh"]What is the best...or only western RPG on the PS2?GamerBoy53
Depends. If you like action RPG's try the Kingdom Heart's series or possibly the Star Ocean series. Star Ocean might not be your style though. I don't know. If you like Turn Based go with the Final Fantasy series or maybe something else. Depends. If you like Strategy RPG's you should like the Disgaea series.

I was thinking more in the range of a Morrowind or KOTOR
Rookie395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Rookie395
[QUOTE="GamerBoy53"][QUOTE="memphishigh"]What is the best...or only western RPG on the PS2?memphishigh

I was thinking more in the range of a Morrowind or KOTOR

Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance would be a better pick then.
RoughneckRico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#128 RoughneckRico
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

here is my top ten must play action games for the ps2 (in no order)

minority report

shinobi

the matrix: The Path of Neo

Aeon Flux

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Ratchet and Clank

Ico

terminator 3 the redmption

Spider-Man 2

evil dead regeneration

anyone know any good games similar to these? thanks!

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 GamerBoy53
[QUOTE="RoughneckRico"]

here is my top ten must play action games for the ps2 (in no order)

minority report

shinobi

the matrix: The Path of Neo

Aeon Flux

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Ratchet and Clank

Ico

terminator 3 the redmption

Spider-Man 2

evil dead regeneration

anyone know any good games similar to these? thanks!

Good job:P. You seem to like more action based games. Maybe try Resident Evil 4. Also try more of the Ratchet & Clank games. They have like 3 or 4 more on the PS2.
zombehhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#130 zombehhhh
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

My PS2 recomendations:

• Call Of Duty 3
  • Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend
  • Gran Turismo 4
  • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
  • Ratchet And Clank Up Your Arsenal
  • Guitar Hero 3
  • Guitar Hero 2
  • MX Unleashed
  • SSX 3
  • SSX On Tour
  • Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
  • (And if you've heard of it) Nitrous Oxide (Playstation 1 release) (you can get high on this game)
RoughneckRico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#131 RoughneckRico
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
thanks! i'm sure this will help! i will try some resident evil games and/or ratchet and clanks!
Dantethayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132 Dantethayer1
Member since 2008 • 569 Posts
Hey guys, i was wondering if i should get a PS2 slim what good RPG's games are there for it?
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GamerBoy53
Hey guys, i was wondering if i should get a PS2 slim what good RPG's games are there for it?Dantethayer1
Too many. I'll just name off good ones that I know of: Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Odin Sphere, anything Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 3, Phantom Brave, Xenosaga's 1 to 3, GrimGrimoire (I just heard it's good, I don't even know about this one), maybe that Baulder's Gate one the other guy said, Dragon Quest (not sure which one it even is, but it's something like the 7th or 8th one), and others that I have forgotten.
ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts
[QUOTE="Dantethayer1"]Hey guys, i was wondering if i should get a PS2 slim what good RPG's games are there for it?GamerBoy53
Too many. I'll just name off good ones that I know of: Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Odin Sphere, anything Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 3, Phantom Brave, Xenosaga's 1 to 3, GrimGrimoire (I just heard it's good, I don't even know about this one), maybe that Baulder's Gate one the other guy said, Dragon Quest (not sure which one it even is, but it's something like the 7th or 8th one), and others that I have forgotten.

Persona 3-4, Suikoden III (4 and 5 are ok), Tales of Legendia, Tales of Abyss, Shadow Hearts, Grandia II and III, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil saga 2 , and so far the list goes on
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GamerBoy53

[QUOTE="GamerBoy53"][QUOTE="Dantethayer1"]Hey guys, i was wondering if i should get a PS2 slim what good RPG's games are there for it?ocinom

Persona 3-4, Suikoden III (4 and 5 are ok), Tales of Legendia, Tales of Abyss, Shadow Hearts, Grandia II and III, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil saga 2 , and so far the list goes on

Yeah, I wasn't really putting too much effort into that list there.

funtasan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 funtasan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

1) super smash bros melee

2) Halo

3)GTA san andreas

4) mario kart double dash

5) Halo 2

6)Fable

7) pokemon coleseum

Avatar image for Destry-sDestiny
Destry-sDestiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Destry-sDestiny
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

So, I have a dilema... I'm not sure if I should get AR Tonelico 2, or Eternal Poison...(both 4 PS2)

OK, so I am truly in awe with AR Tonelico 2. I never played the first, but read that the first had crappy endings and was way too easy. The second, though, looks more complex and deep, and I am a huge fan of challenging, deep, rewarding games like Disgaea. So, my question here is will I be lost, story and gameplay wise, for not playing the first AR tonelico?

Secondly, I just love the whole gothic-medieval-fantasy charm of Eternal Poison. I love strategy RPG's, and do understand that Eternal poison has no grinding areas, making it a challenging game. The multiple storylines are interesting, but the drawback is the price: I can get it for $40 - $50 bucks.

Ar Tonelico 2 is roughly the same price, but I'm pretty sure it'll be below $50...

I'm thinking AR Tonelico 2, but I'm concerned about the whole "I didn't play the first so I don't know the storyline of the series" thing.

Please someone help!

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GamerBoy53

So, I have a dilema... I'm not sure if I should get AR Tonelico 2, or Eternal Poison...(both 4 PS2)

OK, so I am truly in awe with AR Tonelico 2. I never played the first, but read that the first had crappy endings and was way too easy. The second, though, looks more complex and deep, and I am a huge fan of challenging, deep, rewarding games like Disgaea. So, my question here is will I be lost, story and gameplay wise, for not playing the first AR tonelico?

Secondly, I just love the whole gothic-medieval-fantasy charm of Eternal Poison. I love strategy RPG's, and do understand that Eternal poison has no grinding areas, making it a challenging game. The multiple storylines are interesting, but the drawback is the price: I can get it for $40 - $50 bucks.

Ar Tonelico 2 is roughly the same price, but I'm pretty sure it'll be below $50...

I'm thinking AR Tonelico 2, but I'm concerned about the whole "I didn't play the first so I don't know the storyline of the series" thing.

Please someone help!

Destry-sDestiny
I've never played either. But I was once interested in Eternal Poison until IGN gave it a 3.5/10. THANKFULLY most people gave it at least a 7/10 though. Sorry for my review comparisons, I've never played either of the games. And I just checked Metacritic for AR Tonelico 2 and then checked a few other sites and supposedly it isn't even out yet.
Avatar image for Destry-sDestiny
Destry-sDestiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Destry-sDestiny
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

OK, I hope someone else might have an opinion on my game choices...

AR Tonelico 2 comes out on the 21st of January where I am, and Eternal Poison's already out... I'll pick one up soon.

Thanx for the help anyways:)

Still waiting on some opinoins, though:P

tinkerair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 tinkerair
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts
thanks soo much! im hopefully getting a gamecube this weekend :D and this was very helpful. thanks again!!!
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 GamerBoy53
thanks soo much! im hopefully getting a gamecube this weekend :D and this was very helpful. thanks again!!! tinkerair
You're welcome.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Should I get the SMT:Digital Devil Saga series? And hows the story, is it like typical animes with the character finding out that God is a program? I don't know for sure, my friend spoke very vaguely about the story for this game.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 GamerBoy53

Should I get the SMT:Digital Devil Saga series? And hows the story, is it like typical animes with the character finding out that God is a program? I don't know for sure, my friend spoke very vaguely about the story for this game.

fend_oblivion
I have no clue. Ask some other person. Metacritic speaks highly of them.
catrocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 catrocr
Member since 2004 • 1127 Posts

My PS2 recomendations:

• Call Of Duty 3
  • Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend
  • Gran Turismo 4
  • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
  • Ratchet And Clank Up Your Arsenal
  • Guitar Hero 3
  • Guitar Hero 2
  • MX Unleashed
  • SSX 3
  • SSX On Tour
  • Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
  • (And if you've heard of it) Nitrous Oxide (Playstation 1 release) (you can get high on this game)
zombehhhh
God of War 1 & 2!!!
ShinobiKaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ShinobiKaze
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts

Need some advice on which of these 2 RPG's I should get. I need to save up some money for the 2 weeks where SFIV, Killzone 2, and RE5 come out so I can only afford 1 at this time.

The games are either Odin Sphere or Persona 4. Anyone with experience with these games, all comments are appreciated. Thanks.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GamerBoy53

Need some advice on which of these 2 RPG's I should get. I need to save up some money for the 2 weeks where SFIV, Killzone 2, and RE5 come out so I can only afford 1 at this time.

The games are either Odin Sphere or Persona 4. Anyone with experience with these games, all comments are appreciated. Thanks.

ShinobiKaze
I own Odin Sphere, but not Persona 4. Odin Sphere should be a lot cheaper, first of all, since it's 2 years older then Persona 4. As for Odin Sphere, I like it, but the main basis is just to kill a bunch of demented fairies and gremlins and whatnot. Which is fine if you like games where the point is simply to kill a bunch of baddies. I don't know. I still like it though. As for Persona 4, I actually haven't played a single Shin Megami Tensei game in my life. I tried to download Imagine for PC, but supposedly I don't have the right kind of Pixel Shader. I can't help with Persona 4.
manhunter92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#147 manhunter92
Member since 2008 • 259 Posts

Gamecube had amazing games when I was younger. I like every single one I bought.

I mainly liked any Tony Hawk. Those were the main ones I played.

ramonl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#148 ramonl2
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts
Which is better Wild ARMs 4 or 5
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GamerBoy53
Which is better Wild ARMs 4 or 5ramonl2
No clue. Metacritic says 5 though:P.
bigdub07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 bigdub07
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts

here is a list of online ps2 games that still have their servers open(mainly games that released in 05-06)

http://playstation2.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist_na.php