Last of Us 2 being considered

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I haven't played it yet. But is this a good thing?

Link

First of all Druckmann mentioned that there’s a 50% chance for the team to develop a sequel to The Last of Us. In the same reply he also confirmed that the team working on The Last of Usis separate from the Uncharted team.

If you’re asking about a sequel… right now I’d say it’s 50/50.

He also explained that Sony has complete trust in Naughty Dog, and gives them full freedom in deciding whether to create a sequel or moving on with something else.

Sony has complete trust in us. It’s really up to us to come up with something that will keep the team inspired for the next several years — which is why we don’t take the decision of what we’ll work on next lightly.

Stanley also mentioned that the team didn’t have much time with the PS4 yet, but he’s excited about the additional memory coming with Sony’s new console.

Dunno really – the DLC is on the PS3, so we haven’t gotten a whole lot of time with the “next-next gen” hardware. But I’m excited about having more memory, until we use it all up again!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

They'd be foolish not to capitalize on the success of TLoU. Sony may have faith in ND, but I'd be hard-pressed to believe that they're not pressurizing them to expand upon a proven IP. I think the chance of us seeing a TLoU 2 is very, very likely.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

I really hope they do it, first one was incredible, i just hope they use new characters, which i'm almost certain they will.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

So 9 months since they released TLOU and they havent even decided what they are gonna be working on next? No wonder Sony has no games for the PS4. They treat their developers like queens. Queens who sit around and do nothing. Oh wait, they made a 2 hour DLC. How productive! this explains why they have nothing to show for Uncharted 4 despite it being in development for 3 years. I bet for the first 9 months, they were 50/50.

4 years since GoW3 launched and all the leads of GoW3 have done what since then? Are they still 50/50? They certainly didnt work on the abortion that was Ascension. What about Media molecule? It's hilarious to see Sony treat everyone like Stanley Kubrick.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

My stone is in the "No" pot: Naughty Dog should move on to new IPs and make a new TLoU a few years down the line.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@S0lidSnake said:

So 9 months since they released TLOU and they havent even decided what they are gonna be working on next? No wonder Sony has no games for the PS4. They treat their developers like queens. Queens who sit around and do nothing. Oh wait, they made a 2 hour DLC. How productive! this explains why they have nothing to show for Uncharted 4 despite it being in development for 3 years. I bet for the first 9 months, they were 50/50.

4 years since GoW3 launched and all the leads of GoW3 have done what since then? Are they still 50/50? They certainly didnt work on the abortion that was Ascension. What about Media molecule? It's hilarious to see Sony treat everyone like Stanley Kubrick.

Jeeeez. Such pessimism. Have a little faith brother, amen!

They're probably holding stuff back for E3. Hopefully.....

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:

My stone is in the "No" pot: Naughty Dog should move on to new IPs and make a new TLoU a few years down the line.

I hope they work on something else bruv and in a few years I too would like to play the sequel but not yet.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#9 IncisionX
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

They'd be foolish not to capitalize on the success of TLoU. Sony may have faith in ND, but I'd be hard-pressed to believe that they're not pressurizing them to expand upon a proven IP. I think the chance of us seeing a TLoU 2 is very, very likely.

I'm not so sure, Naughty Gods are in my honest opinion - THE best developer right now. Sony I believe share the same views and as a result give them free reign ^^ Either wazy'

In Naughty Dog we trust.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@S0lidSnake said:

id rather that sony gives them space to work so they continue to create amazing games instead of forcing them to produce yearly rehashes microsoft style. It may take a while, but when a naughty dog game comes, you know its going to be good.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

after Finishing it I Guessed its going to continue . i love the way Naughty dog works their games , they just make you love the characters and care about them and then ....

anyway , i hope the next one is as good as the first one . or better .

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i'd rather have naughty dog working on at least one original game between their 2 teams. it's just more exciting.

besides, any sequel or prequel would probably just be redundant like with other pieces of zombie fiction. why do we form communities? what role does hope play? naughty dog has already given their input allong with plenty of zombie shooting to boot. a TloU 2 would just be a retread.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

if they make a sequel that's not dumbed-down and is without handholding, much better a.i., competent stealth, more difficulty and better core gameplay mechanics and less emphasis on story and characters, sure.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

They better consider co-op too.... Or else..... !

And get rid of the stupid upgrades. What a waste of time.

halipokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 halipokes
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

If they do a sequel of the Last of Us, I really hope they do it well. The game is pretty good on its own, and I have this fear that if they continue it in any way, it turns out to be... well, bad. That the story would crumble and the atmosphere would be ruined forever.

I may be a pessimist but I had the same kind of expectations on Amnesia 2 and I was not wrong - they couldn't capture the atmosphere from the first game.

I still hope for the best, though, if they do decide to make Last of us 2.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ halipokes

You sure that wasn't just down to you expecting the impossible ? Developers can't make you re-experience that atmosphere in the sequel unless they change the game entirely. This was definately the case for Bioshock and Bioshock 2. You can't be wowed by the samething twice. You gotta let them bend the formula alittle bit, perhaps even change it entirely.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ halipokes

You sure that wasn't just down to you expecting the impossible ? Developers can't make you re-experience that atmosphere in the sequel unless they change the game entirely. This was definately the case for Bioshock and Bioshock 2. You can't be wowed by the samething twice. You gotta let them bend the formula alittle bit, perhaps even change it entirely.

Well said. I can't help but agree with you. Using Bioshock was the perfect example.

On a separate note, I hope they continue with TLOU.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I feel like its way too early for a sequel . Also I hope this game doesn't become a long series.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

I feel like its way too early for a sequel . Also I hope this game doesn't become a long series.

We won't know yet

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i dont know..

I really want a sequel but with all new protagonists this time..but then again i grew fond of ellie so much that i would want her to return if they did make a sequel.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

For the Ps4? hell yeah!....Still haven't even played the first lol

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoyalClown_1
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

I'd prefer Naughty keep their lighthearted style, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, and Crash are all iconic games that actually make you feel good while playing. I felt like shit playing last of us. Kinda like watching a scary movie, excited in the beginning, then after it's done I regret it. Last of Us was a good game and should be left as is.