Last Guardian in full development

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

Link

For those that still have doubts about whether The Last Guardian is still in the cards, the newly appointed Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Shawn Layden was very clear cut about it while speaking with Gametrailers Host Geoff Keighley, that immediately reported it on Twitter.

Just interviewed Shawn Layden, new CEO of SCEA. He says The Last Guardian is in full development in Japan. Unequivocally. Full intvu tmrw.

Considering how strongly Sony denies the cancellation rumor, we can pretty much safely say that The Last Guardian is still coming. Whether we’ll see it on stage tonight, it remains a mystery, but we can definitely hope.

#2 Posted by Chatch09 (618 posts) -

Its about damn time, I just hope it turns out to be worth the wait.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@Chatch09 said:

Its about damn time, I just hope it turns out to be worth the wait.

i hope it will be revealed in a few hours

#4 Posted by mastermetal777 (2245 posts) -

Man I hope it gets revealed. I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. I love ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, and hopefully this one won't disappoint.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@mastermetal777 said:

Man I hope it gets revealed. I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. I love ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, and hopefully this one won't disappoint.

i am expecting it this year. IT's been confirmed for next gen, now fucking show it to us

#6 Posted by zeroyaoi (1972 posts) -

It still lives? :0

The flying rat looked really unhappy the last time I saw it. :P

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

I think it will be announced today

#8 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think it will be announced today

It wasn't announced during Sony's Conference. :(

#9 Edited by Metamania (12024 posts) -

Nope. It wasn't announced at all.

Not that it matters to me. The name has been tossed around for years in terms of cancellations and re-development, so to not see it in action shows great indication that it's a dead project so far.

#10 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3226 posts) -

shit is vaporware

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think it will be announced today

It wasn't announced during Sony's Conference. :(

NOOO, i thought for sure :(

#12 Posted by Metamania (12024 posts) -

It's pretty much vaporware at this point.

#13 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think it will be announced today

It wasn't announced during Sony's Conference. :(

NOOO, i thought for sure :(

My only next bet of this game being reveal is at TGS since Team Ico is Japanese-based and all the trailers we have seen over the years have been crank out at TGS. If doesn't show there, I have a strong feeling it ain't ever going to show unfortunately :/

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17942 posts) -

They should just give up on the AI for that stupid animal and just add co-op.... Journey Style ! :p

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think it will be announced today

It wasn't announced during Sony's Conference. :(

NOOO, i thought for sure :(

My only next bet of this game being reveal is at TGS since Team Ico is Japanese-based and all the trailers we have seen over the years have been crank out at TGS. If doesn't show there, I have a strong feeling it ain't ever going to show unfortunately :/

Nope, Gamescom is way bigger than TGS

#16 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think it will be announced today

It wasn't announced during Sony's Conference. :(

NOOO, i thought for sure :(

My only next bet of this game being reveal is at TGS since Team Ico is Japanese-based and all the trailers we have seen over the years have been crank out at TGS. If doesn't show there, I have a strong feeling it ain't ever going to show unfortunately :/

Nope, Gamescom is way bigger than TGS

That's pretty debatable, but the chances of it showing are higher during TGS than Gamescom. Aside from the debut during E3, every trailer and gameplay showcased were announced during TGS over the years.

#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@behardy24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think it will be announced today

It wasn't announced during Sony's Conference. :(

NOOO, i thought for sure :(

My only next bet of this game being reveal is at TGS since Team Ico is Japanese-based and all the trailers we have seen over the years have been crank out at TGS. If doesn't show there, I have a strong feeling it ain't ever going to show unfortunately :/

Nope, Gamescom is way bigger than TGS

That's pretty debatable, but the chances of it showing are higher during TGS than Gamescom. Aside from the debut during E3, every trailer and gameplay showcased were announced during TGS over the years.

Gamescom is bigger than PAX mate

#18 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

As a big fan of the first two games I have given up on this one. Even if it is not vaporware and eventually releases I don't expect much. These kinds of development times never add up to anything good, and the delays over the years( yes years, remember this was announced at the beginning of the PS3's lifecycle) were always about substandard quality, people leaving the project, etc.

I am really not holding out much hope of it ever releasing, or of it being good if it does.

#19 Posted by Planeforger (16153 posts) -

Maybe we'll get the second teaser trailer at the next E3, followed by the full release as early as 2018?

#20 Edited by MirkoS77 (8107 posts) -

FFS, Sony. At least drop a screenshot. A 20 second video. SOMETHING. A game doesn't need to be done nor playable even to go in-engine and grab a few seconds of footage to show it exists. When it's in the realm of vaporware, and assurances are then given it's still in the works, those words are empty without some shred of proof.

#21 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

FFS, Sony. At least drop a screenshot. A 20 second video. SOMETHING. A game doesn't need to be done nor playable even to go in-engine and grab a few seconds of footage to show it exists. When it's in the realm of vaporware, and assurances are then given it's still in the works, those words are empty without some shred of proof.

I sooooooo agree with this!

#22 Posted by foxhound_fox (90491 posts) -

I'm glad Sony thought it was important to showcase this game during their conference to show the gaming public that their assertion that it's still in development, even after 9 years... oh wait.

If they want us to believe them, then we are going to need to see the game.