Last Game You Got

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

Spec Ops: The Line, with which I am massvely satisfiedBlack_Knight_00

Don't let wiouds hear you say that. He'll probably blow another gasket.

#102 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Spec Ops: The Line, with which I am massvely satisfiedc_rake

Don't let wiouds hear you say that. He'll probably blow another gasket.

Wait, who?
#103 Posted by c_rakestraw (14605 posts) -

Wait, who?Black_Knight_00

This dude? The one you were talkiing about stealth in Crysis with over here? He hates Spec Ops. Always makes that very clear the second anyone mentions it anywhere in this board.

#104 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18280 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Wait, who?c_rake

This dude? The one you were talkiing about stealth in Crysis with over here? He hates Spec Ops. Always makes that very clear the second anyone mentions it anywhere in this board.

Oh, that guy. I'd really like to hear his reasons for bashing that game (got a link?). I have no idea how anyone could hate it: I have rarely seen such courageous choices in narrative flow in an action game, the game plays with your gaming sensibilities and simply messed with your head, it's great. The gameplay is excellent too.
#105 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

last game i bought was Bulletstorm on PS3, and Sound Shapes for PS3/Vita.

was very surprised how much i liked Sound Shapes.

last game i got from Gamefly was Kid Icarus Uprising.

#106 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Wait, who?Black_Knight_00

Oh, that guy. I'd really like to hear his reasons for bashing that game (got a link?). I have no idea how anyone could hate it: I have rarely seen such courageous choices in narrative flow in an action game, the game plays with your gaming sensibilities and simply messed with your head, it's great. The gameplay is excellent too.

If I recall correctly, he insists the story telling and cinematography is ham-fisted and overwrought. [spoiler] And he thought the ending was generic in the extreme. [/spoiler] Tres cheesy. I'm with you, though. I thought the story and the way they told it was amazing. I spent days afterward meditating on my experience with the game. I thought the gameplay was mediocre, but for me it was the experience rather than the gameplay that was the real purpose of the game. I don't think I'll ever like it(this is the final conclusion my meditations led me to), but as an experience- as a creation meant to make you FEEL something- it was the most perfect success I've ever experienced.
#107 Posted by Smokescreened84 (2484 posts) -
Retail: Beautiful Katamari, Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron, Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed. Arcade: Minecraft - 360 version, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic 4 Episode 2.
#108 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Far Cry 3.

So Spec Ops is good?

#109 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning. It's not the best game but it's still a very solid RPG.

#110 Posted by The-Gamer (109 posts) -
#111 Posted by Yoshi9000 (387 posts) -

9 hours 9 persons 9 doors

Brilliant game, probably the first game I've played that really made me think after I've played. I need to get into more story driven games like this.

#112 Posted by Rockstar-North- (14 posts) -
Mirror's Edge which was surprisingly enjoyable.
#113 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

Wet. Got it for my b-day from my wife. Got to love when you significant other is cool with your hobby.

#114 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

I just bought TLoZ: Spirit Tracks today because I have a feeling it's becoming very rare and will soon end up like Phantom Hourglass, which is going for a lot of money right now.

#115 Posted by djvj_y2k (742 posts) -
Lego Batman 2 : DC Super Heroes(ps3 version) - because, one word - SUPERMAN :D
#116 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -

Mirror's Edge which was surprisingly enjoyable.Rockstar-North-
It would be if the controls weren't so frustrating. I think I've been playing too much Prince of Persia.

#117 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Halo 4. Really wish I didn't get it though. Embarrassing sequel that signals the end of the franchise.

#118 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

The first mass effect for like 2 bucks.  Thought it would be fun to replay it but now I found it doesn't support 360 controller on pc :(.  

#119 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

Halo 4. Really wish I didn't get it though. Embarrassing sequel that signals the end of the franchise.

Thefatness16

I enjoyed the campaign as a whole, but I found Cortana and her dialog in the game to be terrible/cringe worthy. The developers really went embarassingly overboard in attempting to make her look attractive.

#120 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Bigboi500

I enjoyed the campaign as a whole, but I found Cortana and her dialog in the game to be terrible/cringe worthy. The developers really went embarassingly overboard in attempting to make her look attractive.

Personally the story/dialogue didn't bother me too much besides the laughable ending. The restricted levels are Halo 4's problem.  But even then, I could of lived with a mediocre campaign if the MP was playable. I'm pissed the MP is another CoD knock off in a bad Halo costume.

#121 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -

Wet. Got it for my b-day from my wife. Got to love when you significant other is cool with your hobby.

Namgis
Love the hell out of that game. Best soundtrack, best presentation, and (apart from Eliza Dushku's poor use of elaborate curses) best voice acting of 2009.
#122 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Just bought Anti-Chambers but I still haven't got a chance to play it yet.

#123 Posted by HipHopBeats (2874 posts) -

Ni No Kuni and Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition. Will probably trade in Ni No Kuni for Bioshock Infinite.

#124 Posted by TGM_basic (6299 posts) -

Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii. ^_^

#125 Posted by zombehhhhh (452 posts) -

Far Cry 3

#127 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1148 posts) -
Burnout Paradise and the day before Mass Effect 3.
#128 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18360 posts) -
Far Cry 3 and The Walking Dead were my last purchases and I plan on picking up Bully and Supreme Commander (a couple cheap older games that are meant to be really good).
#129 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5601 posts) -

Ni No Kuni

#130 Posted by JiggyJigster (99 posts) -

Well I got a few games during the sales, which were

• LA Noire Complete Edition
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Rage
  • Dead Island

I also got Bully and Mark Of The Ninja during the Xbox Live Sale during Christmas!

#131 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

I bought Hitman: Absolution last weekend on a Steam sale. Very good :D.

#132 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

El_Zo1212o

Love the hell out of that game. Best soundtrack, best presentation, and (apart from Eliza Dushku's poor use of elaborate curses) best voice acting of 2009.

I've wanted it for a while, glad I got it. Sadly, it will probably be around a year before I am able to play it. When I get a 'new' game, it goes straight to the end of the back log.

#133 Posted by sukraj (22133 posts) -

far cry 3

#134 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition.
#135 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

I picked up Pokemon Stadium 2 for the N64, I've been in a legacy gaming mood lately.

#136 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -
Batman Arkham City GOTY edition
#137 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

Didn't buy them, borrowed.

Rise of the Guardians & Tron Evolution.

-

So far Rise is as monotonous as the reviews have stated.

#138 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

Recently I picked up Tales of Graces F for the ps3 and Tales of the Abyss for the 3ds. Almost done with Tales of the Abyss, what a great game. Planning on picking up Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata soon. Been in a major rpg kind a mood lately.

#139 Posted by t1striker (1549 posts) -

Ni No Kuni - great game

#140 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Devil May Cry and have MEtro Last Light pre ordered

#141 Posted by The-Gamer (109 posts) -

MGRMetal-Gear-Rising-Stuff_zpse43eb4cb.jpg  

All for the price of a normal game.

#142 Posted by Megavideogamer (5323 posts) -

For the PS3 Assasin's Creed 3 and Midway Arcade Origins. PSvita Sly Cooper Thieves in time, and Spy hunter.

#143 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

Metal Gear Rising

#144 Posted by Venom951 (365 posts) -
Halo 4 and Dishonored
#145 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

Dead Island GotY.

#146 Posted by Gallowhand (476 posts) -

The last games I bought were LOTR: War In The North, and Primordia.

#147 Posted by Auron_X2099 (3370 posts) -

Last game bought was Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.

#148 Posted by Jagged3dge (3895 posts) -

Just got Hitman: Absolution from gamefly.

#149 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
Super Monkey Ball 2 on Android.
#150 Posted by OceansBloom (95 posts) -
Fire Emblem: Awakening