Lara Croft next gen review....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

IGN has just released their review of the next gen version of last years Lara Croft reboot....

From what I ve read the next gens version look great and play up the environments in the game.....If you played last years version and own a next gen console, will you be purchasing this game again?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/25/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-review?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

#2 Edited by marcheegsr (2425 posts) -

The visuals dolook better but I played it for ps3 so I will not be buying this at full price. Who knows down the road when its cheap ill give it another go.

But for anyone who has not played it yet should check it out.

#3 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

The updated visuals are nice but I already played it through twice just last year.

Maybe when it's $20 (and I want to get hyped for the inevitable sequel) I'll play it again, but there's little reason to repay $60 right out of the gate.

#4 Posted by Hennius (45 posts) -

Visuals upgrade at the potential cost of a new console........AND rebuying the game........................NO!

#5 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2106 posts) -

It's Lara not Laura

#6 Edited by bezza2011 (2193 posts) -

why people hating, no one ever hated when game of the year editions hit shelves at full price which was basicly the exact same game except all the patvhes came already done and sometimes you got the dlc aswel.

this is just one of them type of games, don't get it if you have already played it, the worst is half of the people want gta or last of us being made again and yet tomb raider gets made for it but thats so bad

#7 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18045 posts) -

Almost 20 years later and people still call her "Laura"

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

Who else saw the Croft fan film ?

#9 Posted by Lhomity (758 posts) -

Yeah, picking this up because I want something else to play on next-gen, and for dat artbook.

#10 Edited by Areez (6278 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Yup...I m one of those people...LOL...

I am actually giving some thought into purchasing the next gen version of this game. My only dilemma is deciding whether or not I go with the PS4 or Xbox One version. For me it comes down to gamer achievements (for my overall gamer score) on Xbox Live or getting the PS4 version for 60fps. What to do.....

#11 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6121 posts) -

why people hating, no one ever hated when game of the year editions hit shelves at full price which was basicly the exact same game except all the patvhes came already done and sometimes you got the dlc aswel.

this is just one of them type of games, don't get it if you have already played it, the worst is half of the people want gta or last of us being made again and yet tomb raider gets made for it but thats so bad

GOTY's add a ton of dlc that actually matters and is worth playing, and often comes out at less than $60.

Tomb Raider Definitive addition upgrades the visuals a bit and adds maps to a mode no one plays or cares about and charges full price when you can get the same experience on PC for $10.

#12 Edited by Archangel3371 (15135 posts) -

Oh yeah I'm definitely picking this up. I already have the game and played through it on the 360. It was an absolutely fantastic game so I'm really looking forward to playing through again on the Xbox One.

#13 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@Archangel3371: Arch...one thing to note....According to the IGN review, certain dialogue from the enemy A.I. was setting the Kinect off. Which is strange given other software titles that do not do the same. This could be TR issue, or a potentially problematic issue with the Kinect 2.

#14 Posted by Archangel3371 (15135 posts) -

@Areez said:

@Archangel3371: Arch...one thing to note....According to the IGN review, certain dialogue from the enemy A.I. was setting the Kinect off. Which is strange given other software titles that do not do the same. This could be TR issue, or a potentially problematic issue with the Kinect 2.

Hmm. Well if need be I guess I'll just have to turn the Kinect off then.