Lack of enemies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#1 Jedo
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

I just read about Khmer Rouge - a horrible regime. I was watching videos, and then I realized: I don't ever remember killing any of these folks, even though I'd really like to.

There is this abundance of WW2 games, and recently, there was a turn towards ficitonal middle-east coaltions. It's as if the developers are running out of decent enemies. Yet I can think of so many evil regimes, organizations and situations that haven't been adressed yet, or haven't been adressed enough.

Here's a small list:

1. Khmer Rouge

2. Authorities within the Stalinist Russia (I can even see a mission to free some Russian scientists from a concentration camp)

3. Whoever's responsible for the horrors in North Korea

4. The inquisition

5. Darfur's militia Janjaweed

What's with all the fictional enemies when there are so many real ones?

Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jedo
no other idas?
Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jedo

I was reading up on different conflicts and I remembered this post. I took the liberty to list a few more conflicts. Wikipedia has a whole list of conflicts for the US alone.

1. Grenada: US and the coalition succeeded. Few losses and a short war, but you could shove a covert operation or two in there.

2. Dominican Republic 1965

3. Panama "Just Cause" op 1989

4. The Falklands war of 1982

5. The Chechen war (big one and partially ongoing)

Attacks in Lybia, 1986 Bolivia ops, etc

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Maybe many of those events or the wake of those events is still too recent/real that developers don't want to chance them?
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Maybe many of those events or the wake of those events is still too recent/real that developers don't want to chance them?Articuno76
Yeah, probably, and I don't really think that "Khmer Rouge Simulator" would go down well with the mainstream press.