LA Noire - this made no sense to me. (Spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I stopped playing at the end of the homicide case. Why?

[spoiler] Well firstly I was disappointed that the killer wasn't really someone who had "been around" - I mean I met the guy once quickly and he seemed completely incidental, which is mostly fine I guess, but it kind of felt like a deus ex machina ending to the cases. If he had been a completely random and new character would it have made a difference? Absolutely not. I think that's poor writing imo. But secondly, and most importantly: I don't recall any of the previous suspects really saying they were innocent. A couple of them were antagonistic towards cops for other reasons (like being a pedophile), I'm okay with that; but most of them were antagonist for no reason at all. Despite the game telling me time and time again that there was a link between the cases, and that all of these people were innocent, they all acted as if they were guilty and were egging the police on to actually prove it. If someone accuses you of a crime you didn't commit you don't egg them on to prove you guilty you tell them "No it wasn't me!" and don't answer questions looking and sly and shifty. [/spoiler] Is it my imagination or was the writing just really stupid? (this is ignoring all the other silly things going on in interrorgrations)

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
if they seemed suspicious, then most likely they are guilty of SOMETHING just not the case sometimes. i loved the game up until the ending. i do feel that the interrogations were too extreme in that there was not middle ground to choose from.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

I thought that it was a great game, except the last sequence. I didn't want to play as that other guy!

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

The main plots are of an episodic structure with a B-side story for continuity. That was my issue up until a certain point it just felt like random cases that was never really fully explored in detail. Still a great game though

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
There are a few holes, yeah. I really disliked how everyone is lying to you, seriously, it really defeats the purpose when you eventually figure out that everyone you question has something to hide and will lie sooner or later.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
It's not your imagination. It really doesn't have a good story.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

It's not your imagination. The writing really did suck.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

I stopped playing at the end of the homicide case. Why?

Is it my imagination or was the writing just really stupid? (this is ignoring all the other silly things going on in interrorgrations)

DigitalExile

It's not your imagination, L.A. Noire was pretty bad. It's a pity that the game turned out the way it did. It was an ambitious project that should have been a landmark game, but Team Bondi just couldn't pull it all together (which resulted in their demise). I'd like to see a revised version of L.A. Noire with its many problems fixed, but I don't expect that will ever happen.