Konami: MGSV 720p Xbox One 1080p PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

They should have just called it Xbox 720... much more appropriate.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/gz/en/products/compare.html

#2 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

You are going to make a ton of these threads in the next few years.

This is also the first time we see the old gen graphics. PS3 to PS4 is a nice jump.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69080 posts) -

This sucks for X1 owners, but in the end it's MS's fault for putting more effort into media apps and stuff gamers don't care about

#4 Edited by sakaiXx (50 posts) -

Everyone should buy the ps4 a.k.a the best current gen multiplat GAME console. but just leave xbox fans alone they know they got an under powered console no need to go douchebag .

#5 Posted by dukepliskin (9 posts) -

I imagine most people that wanted to play this game, purchased ps4's anyway. I don't think it will sell as many copies on xb1. Kojima tweeted about metal gear online a while back, but I haven't heard whether it will release with gz or pp. Has there been any details on this?

#6 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

However much Sony paid Mark Cerny to design the PS4, it was worth it.

#7 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Nah this is just a victory lap after all the flack I got last year for bringing up PS4's spec advantage. That and people still refuse to believe the advantage is significant which is why i keep posting these. If people just admit this very scientific fact, instead of denying it like global warming and holocaust deniers, then i will move on as well.

#8 Posted by Randolph (10346 posts) -

I imagine most people that wanted to play this game, purchased ps4's anyway.

Pretty sure that's true. MGS is still one of those franchises very much seen as a "Sony franchise". The port of MGS2 to the OG Xbox went virtually unnoticed, as did the HD collection on 360. Most of the MGS fan base is already on board, and likely would have bought the game on PS4 anyway, even if the resolution situation was reversed between the two.

#9 Edited by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

I wonder how Destiny, Watch Dogs and really graphically demanding games like the Division are going to fair. The inevitable GTA6 is going to be epic.

#10 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Thief: 1080p PS4, 900p 360.

#11 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

I know which version I am picking up, the PS4 version. Unfortunately MS is being plagued by bad dev kits, which are supposed to be upgraded soon, eSRAM which is a bitch to develop for and is the biggest obstacle to getting 1080p on the Xbox One. Even if a game runs at 1080p at 60fps on the Xbox One, the developer will have to cut back in some area of the games.

Eventually the the tools will get better, but developers will always have to pick their poison when making games on the Xbox One. This is also true on the PS4 but that console has a higher ceiling if you will. Not to say that the Xbox One will not have some great looking content, it just clearly has less silicon to do the heavy lifting.

#12 Posted by firefox59 (4319 posts) -

@dvader654 said:

Nah this is just a victory lap after all the flack I got last year for bringing up PS4's spec advantage. That and people still refuse to believe the advantage is significant which is why i keep posting these. If people just admit this very scientific fact, instead of denying it like global warming and holocaust deniers, then i will move on as well.

The only reason I had hope was that there were some very respected people saying that there wasn't a significant difference between the two. Now that Kojima's game has come out and he has flat out told people to buy it on the PS4 things are looking really bad. I wonder how many others will backtrack from their 'these consoles are basically the same' comment.

#13 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

@dvader654 said:

The only reason I had hope was that there were some very respected people saying that there wasn't a significant difference between the two. Now that Kojima's game has come out and he has flat out told people to buy it on the PS4 things are looking really bad. I wonder how many others will backtrack from their 'these consoles are basically the same' comment.

Was Kojima quoted as saying "Buy the PS4 version over the Xbox One"? He did suggest that the current gen versions were the way to go. A comment that was reported here at Gamespot.