Keep these games or put $ toward PSP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joeamis
Member since 2003 • 3010 Posts

Should I keep Halo 3, Bioshock, & Half Life 2 Orange Box that I bought in TRU's B2G1F sale OR return them and put the money toward the new PSP? PSP has some great games and even more great games coming soon. I don't know what to do! I won't be able to get Halo 3 for this cheap unless I wait like 2 years, but the PSP probably won't get another pricecut for another year either. NOTE TO MODS: This question is in general gaming because I want an answer from people who are not just into PSP, like those who likely represent the PSP Forum.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts

Go for the PSP. Honestly, looking at what's on store shelves now, and the bundle packs that are available (especially the Daxter pack with the 1 GB memory stick)...this is really the time where people need to take notice and realize, "hey, we should be buying this stuff."

I've got 32 games for mine and couldn't be much happier with it.

joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joeamis
Is it easy to get music and videos from the internet and dvds onto it?
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts

Is it easy to get music and videos from the internet and dvds onto it?joeamis

I'd know if I tried. All I do with the multimedia functionality is turn my PSP into a portable manga library.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Are you kidding me? Those are 3 unbelievable great games "KEEP THEM PLAY" "THEM LOVE THEM GO NOW".

I meanI love me some PSP check out my collection if you don't believe me. I'm not as much on the handheld as Pat, butI do love my PSP. You can buy one anytime. Those games ....... they need to be ........... played now. Go its ok trust me.

GamerPro1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GamerPro1984
Member since 2006 • 818 Posts
I say keep them and set aside money every week for a PSP :p
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _Bear
BTW I own all three games. I mean those are possible games of the year if notnext few.
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joeamis

Are you kidding me? Those are 3 unbelievable great games "KEEP THEM PLAY" "THEM LOVE THEM GO NOW".

I meanI love me some PSP check out my collection if you don't believe me. I'm not as much on the handheld as Pat, butI do love my PSP. You can buy one anytime. Those games ....... they need to be ........... played now. Go its ok trust me.

_Bear

The thing is my 360 broke and its being repaired as we speak.

shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts
[QUOTE="_Bear"]

joeamis

The thing is my 360 broke and its being repaired as we speak.

Still keep them, you'll get your 360 in more than a few weeks. But you still should save money to buy a PSP, it really is great.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts
Heck no dude, keep the games. Save seperatley for the PSP but don't give up those classic games!
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Those games are much better than anything on PSP. Keep the games.
Heretix_Aevum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heretix_Aevum
Member since 2005 • 4105 Posts

keep those games. don't get a PSP

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

It's funny you mention those games because they're like the three best titles on any system by far!

I'd keep them if I were you and just save up gradually for a PSP, but if you can live without them and really want a PSP badly, than do whatever you feel would make your purchase happy.

Honestly though, those three games cost as much as a PSP by itself, right? I'd rather take three great games than one system, but that's just me.

Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts
The psp is great, but those three games are better.
joeamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 joeamis
Well I figure Bioshock & Orange Box will drop in price, so I could wait a while to get them. They would drop in price earlier than the PSP would again right?
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _Bear

Well I figure Bioshock & Orange Box will drop in price, so I could wait a while to get them. They would drop in price earlier than the PSP would again right?joeamis

I really doubt it those games are the cream of the xbox crop, they will fetch full price for at least the next year. PSP has a chance of dropping again way before that. Also you bought3 for the price of 2 you won't be able to buy those games again for $40 anywhere anytime soon. Just wait on the PSP, tons of people wished they were as lucky as you were to find those 3 titles At Toys Our Us during this sale, you might never get those games again. Deal with your boredom, don't make a bad decision. Play an older game while waiting for 360 to come a PS2 game or something.