Just Cause 2 PC grainy cutscenes?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Serioussamik (748 posts) -

So I purchased Just Cause 2 PC version (the genuine retail-box version,not via steam) .But although I can run the game at Very-high/High settingsat 4x aa, the cutscenes have a grainy effect on them !

I am playing it on Win 7 32-but using a HD4850 with Athlon X2 7850 processor.

Did anyone else experience something like this?

#2 Posted by x-2tha-z (8932 posts) -
I noticed a bit of grain too. It didn't bother me. It was only noticeable for me in a few cutscenes. Mainly ones that were in dark, indoor areas. I don't think your specs are the problem. I think it's just the way the game is on PC. It's an amazing game though. One of the best I've played this year.
#3 Posted by Serioussamik (748 posts) -

I noticed a bit of grain too. It didn't bother me. It was only noticeable for me in a few cutscenes. Mainly ones that were in dark, indoor areas. I don't think your specs are the problem. I think it's just the way the game is on PC. It's an amazing game though. One of the best I've played this year.x-2tha-z

Then it's not a matter.Actually just wanted to see whether or not it was a technical fault or driver issueThe game is AAAwwweeeesome! And very nicely optimized for the PC too. :D

#4 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

So I purchased Just Cause 2 PC version (the genuine retail-box version,not via steam) .But although I can run the game at Very-high/High settingsat 4x aa, the cutscenes have a grainy effect on them !

I am playing it on Win 7 32-but using a HD4850 with Athlon X2 7850 processor.

Did anyone else experience something like this?

Serioussamik

I really can't comment on the PC version of Just Cause 2.... but I will say that it's as good of a game no matter what the cutscenes look like because the story is the least important element of the game.In fact, the story is worthless. Incredibly fun game nonetheless.