Japan / Europe definitely has the better side of gaming. Definitely.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

Click here and here.

O - M - G.

cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
Notice, you didn't see a single drop of blood in either of those games. Why does America have to have blood splatter everywhere to make a successful fighting game. The bright colors and stars dancing over their heads would do just fine for me. I actually think I like it more.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
Did I hear Masakazu Morita in that first vid?
Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts

You know if your going to use an example...Pick something better then ACE2. Even more so when ACE3 is out lol. And comming from someone who owns it. Its decent at best....except...the amount of fanservice for mecha fans in that game lol. It is a dream for us.

And did Japan ever get...Baldur's Gate? Dues Ex? System Shock? Planescape? Fallout? etc etc etc.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

Notice, you didn't see a single drop of blood in either of those games. Why does America have to have blood splatter everywhere to make a successful fighting game. The bright colors and stars dancing over their heads would do just fine for me. I actually think I like it more.cos_vanquish

Well it kind of backs up my belief that gameplay/storylines/music have all been almost completely replaced with -graphics-. *Sigh*...I need to learn Japanese.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Notice, you didn't see a single drop of blood in either of those games. Why does America have to have blood splatter everywhere to make a successful fighting game. The bright colors and stars dancing over their heads would do just fine for me. I actually think I like it more.cos_vanquish
Okay, but developers should be allowed the freedom to /have/ blood if they want to in a game. Games like RE4 (which was Japanese developed) is heavily violent, but the Japanese version actually is a censored version of the full rendering of the game to a degree.

So yeah, you don't need blood to have a great game...but then again, you can also have a bad game that doesn't have blood in it. At the end of the day, it's an irrelevent part of the puzzle.