Is Valkyrie Profile 2 worth beating?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FFuematsufan (574 posts) -
I have lots of games i have to beat, and I recently purchased Valkyrie Profile 2 because it was really good when I rented it. So i was wondering if I should invest my time into it, since I got more than 10 rpg games to complete. So what I'm asking is, is the storyline really good and not dissapointing like the Illusion of Gaia?
#2 Posted by 1oh1nine1 (779 posts) -
I also desire an answer to TC's question.
#3 Posted by zeppelin_64 (3924 posts) -
I don't really think so. I don't really like the Valkyrie Profile series, which is why I'm selling my PS1 copy of Valkyrie Profile.
#4 Posted by SirSpudly (4045 posts) -
The game gets prettier looking the closer to the end, but in terms of storyline....yeah nothing unexpected really happens. On the flip side, a lot of effort was put in setting up the first VP, and to that end the game plays itself off in spades. I recommend beating it, but you don't have to make it top priority.
#5 Posted by nVidiaGaMer (7793 posts) -
The story line isn't the games strongest point but I suggest that you finish it.
#6 Posted by Mongo-Boss (2108 posts) -
I gave up on that game. It's the first RPG that I just couldn't play. I found it boring and prefer the original over it. DQ8 is a much better RPG in my opinion.
#7 Posted by mohmaaytah (2395 posts) -

I don't really think so. I don't really like the Valkyrie Profile series, which is why I'm selling my PS1 copy of Valkyrie Profile.zeppelin_64

While you are at it, make sure you get a good price for it.

To the TC, I think its quite a good game, definitely a level grinder but its an interesting game with some good mechanics. I think it is worth beating, though I cant really say how it would stack up against the other RPGs you want to play.

#8 Posted by zeppelin_64 (3924 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeppelin_64"]I don't really think so. I don't really like the Valkyrie Profile series, which is why I'm selling my PS1 copy of Valkyrie Profile.mohmaaytah

To the TC, I think its quite a good game, definitely a level grinder but its an interesting game with some good mechanics. I think it is worth beating, though I cant really say how it would stack up against the other RPGs you want to play.

lol no worries, it's on Ebay right now for starting at $50.
#9 Posted by Honenheim (5399 posts) -
I thought it was a pretty good game, not great, put good enough to give you a challanging gameplay.
#10 Posted by willxcool (2038 posts) -
yes yes yes, and after you beat the game you will be rewarded of a 100 level floor wich is sweet
#11 Posted by scaryteddy (599 posts) -
Since you already bought it, I think you should beat it. Normally this would be a question I would ask before buying a game, but since you already got it, I say go for it.
#12 Posted by z4twenny (4898 posts) -

i never got to beat my copy unfortunately (my game got stolen w/ my ps2, i recently got a "special" ps2 and am getting all my games back) but i remember it wasn't a real easy game, but i thought it was quite fun and it definately had a special appeal to it. i'm actually quite looking forward to playing it again. hearing this though it might get put on the backburner until i get finished with ar tonelico (which i love even though its SO easy)

#13 Posted by jamestabang (832 posts) -
Quite enjoyable gameplay, but not too memorable after finishing it.
#14 Posted by Ravirr (7931 posts) -
[QUOTE="mohmaaytah"]

[QUOTE="zeppelin_64"]I don't really think so. I don't really like the Valkyrie Profile series, which is why I'm selling my PS1 copy of Valkyrie Profile.zeppelin_64

lol no worries, it's on Ebay right now for starting at $50.

Got my copy for like 140 I think. Perfect condition -minus a few scratches on the case. Good luck though :) had to pay 100 for the sound track too :(

I haven't played two but one was interesting enough. I figured two would follow the same suit. I'm gonna pick it up eventually.