is there anyway to get my win95 version of Warcraft 2 to run in XP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Casiotech
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts
I found this in my closet and it was my favorite game. I installed it but it won't run. I'm using a 2001 or 2002 version of XP. Are there any patches or ways to get this AWESOME best game of all time to run on XP?
Darth_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Darth_Homer
Member since 2004 • 5779 Posts

Have you tried compatability mode? To do this, right click on the shortcut of the game (or whatever links up to the main file that begins the game), and select 'properties'. Under the compatabilty tab, tick the box that says to run the program in compatabilty mode, and choose whatever works (in this case, Windows 95).

If that doesn't work, try getting the latest patches for the game, and try the compatabilty thing again.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Casiotech
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts
hey, I tried the compatibility thing for it already and it doesn't work. It just starts, says dos/4gw then terminates. I haven't tried the patches yet...
noctilucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 noctilucus
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

Looks like originally it's supposed to run in DOS, so did you try Dosbox?

With a modern pcI supposeyou shouldn't have any difficulty running a game of that age in Dosbox...

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
I recommend buying battle.net edition. It has the original game, the expansion, bonus maps, can be played online ... AND runs on windowsXP ... oh and it's dirt cheap