Is the EA hating getting pathetic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

downnice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 downnice95
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

People bashing FIFA World Cup 2014 for example. They been making world cup games since 1998 on the PS1 and N64! They also did this in 2010.

Also the bitching about Bruce Lee in the UFC game. I really do not get it.

I am not a fan of EA but the out of control bashing makes us gamers look stupid

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Granted people bitch and moan about anything, but EA is the last company that has any credibility.

downnice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By downnice95
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

@Bardock47: I know EA is awful and deserve most of their bashing but this is way to whining in my opinion

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I was bashing EA long before it became popular to do so, but i'm glad everyone jumped on bored and are all doing it now, it makes me feel all warm inside.

Actually when did you all start bashing EA? I started doing it back in the late 90s when I found out they were buying out all my favourite game companies, like Bullfrog, Origin, Maxis, Westwood studios etc. When they dissolved Origin it really pissed me off, cause they made Ultima 7. Mind you Origin deserved it probably from their awful Ultima 8 and 9 games...

I guess EA did have a few epic games come out, but overall I stand by my decision to hate them. Just few years ago they bought Bioware so it'll be interesting to see if they run their games into the mud.

NFS Most Wanted 2005, greatest racing game of all time in my opinion and EA was behind that game some how. And C&C 3 and Red Alert 3 were not bad either, and those games were nearly a decade ago but its been really downhill for them in the last few years.... recently I haven't played a game from them thats been good.

But look at what they do, they buy up all these companies then put out crap rushed versions of their games. I'm surprised Simcity 4 was any good considering EA owned maxis at that time. But I actually liked Simcity SNES, Simcity 2000 and 3000 the most of all the simcity games, but those were released free of the EA whipping stick.

Look what they did to Syndicate, rofl... they turned the greatest real time action strategy game of its time into a first person shooter with epic amounts of HDR and Bloom effects so you couldnt see how bad the graphics really were.

I could go on forever about the hate for them and the damage they've done to classic games I liked but i'll let other people vent.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

No it's not, Konami is doing a DLC that's around 10 bucks for PEs 14, EA is taking full price for that crap. Just because they have always done it doesn't make it alright dude...

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

EA is shit for many reasons, but that's not one of them. Seriously, if you knew there are millions of orange douchebags who'll buy two identical football games in one year because it's world cup year, you'd do exactly what they're doing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@downnice95 said:

People bashing FIFA World Cup 2014 for example. They been making world cup games since 1998 on the PS1 and N64! They also did this in 2010.

Also the bitching about Bruce Lee in the UFC game. I really do not get it.

I am not a fan of EA but the out of control bashing makes us gamers look stupid

Kids will be kids and trolls will be trolls.

But you are a right the EA hate is getting ridiculous but since i don't think anyone cares, EA still sell games and people still play then its just all talk because its a easy target.

And EA is no worse then any other company/developer out there.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

In regards to the games specifically, yeah the hate is pathetic. But theres no shame in hating Origin and Their Microtransactions and whatever non game crap they're up to.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44107 Posts

Yeah I think so. Personally I think they publish quite a few great games and I purchase a good portion of them. As long as they keep doing that then I'm happy.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I love fifa and I love that bruce lee is in ufc...i think people just suck at sports games and get mad and vent on the internet.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No it's not.

EA is the worst publisher followed by Ubisoft and Activision-Blizzard.(ubisoft is actually worse lately)

After ME3 i vowed not to buy anything published by EA ever again.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

^Really ?^

So even If they do something right (and they will) you won't show your support ?

Ya'See why developers don't respect us ?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

No it's not.

EA is the worst publisher followed by Ubisoft and Activision-Blizzard.(ubisoft is actually worse lately)

After ME3 i vowed not to buy anything published by EA ever again.

Which is quite silly, because ME3 was a pretty great game, lazily written as it was and all.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jacanuk

@geniobastardo said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

if you knew there are millions of orange douchebags who'll buy two identical football games in one year because it's world cup year, you'd do exactly what they're doing.

I hate EA particularly for this reason. Douchebags buying the same game every year is a pathetic site and the one which you'll see the most in Asian countries. It makes me wanna puke when people go the stores and get Fifa from the shelves when there are games like Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed Blackflag, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Dark souls. Well, that's my hate for the Fifa fanboys but it can be equally contributed to the devs for releasing the game yearly for the sake of milking dumb people.

Battlefield 3 was the last game I purchased of EA. It was good and i really liked it but as far as BF4's case goes, I've only seen hate with the right reasons. EA somehow feels like it's not committed to it's customers, it there are bugs, they'll remain there and what's even more pathetic is the fact that they just closed Crysis 2's multiplayer. Dammit, I was just having my good time with the multiplayer. With the money they make, it was not hard for them to keep up the multiplayer for another year or two. Well, it's EA we're talking about.

What a very childish reason to hate something, so because you don't like FIFA or enjoy it, the people who buy it is idiots? and then you go and mention not 1 but almost 3½ games where its pretty much the same, Thats just ironic.

But im glad you and SheppardCmdr. posted because it shows just how ludicrous the EA hate is.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

^ Don't be too hard on them^

I hate Role Playing Games for simular reasons ! :D

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

I'll never forgive EA for having Madden become the dominant American Football series. I know the NFL had a hand in why the virtual football landscape is in its current predicament however, what 2k sports has done with basketball (as far as gameplay) one could only imagine what they could've done with football if it wasn't for that exclusive deal. EA's sports game as far as fight night, madden and live have severely broken principals and doesn't respect the fundamentals of the sports. For years EA makes it so easy for the casual to have a fighting chance, rather then knowing the basic of the sport.

Also Simcity fiasco

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

EA really is a real terrible company but I do think that some gamers go to far like making them the worst company twice when there have been other companies that actually did more harm then EA did. But right now EA and many other companies like Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom, and Warner Bros for video games and more are all bad.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@ AcidTango

Remember the Bank of America fiasco ? A bank tries to screw people out of their homes and yet EA still got the worst company award. People gotta get their priorities straight.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

EA is no worse than Activision.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I bashed EA from Early 2000s onwards when I noticed they were buying out Studios I liked, then those Studios would put out inferior products due to EA rushing them.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

I enjoyed all the EA related games I played. I love EA.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

IMO you all suck for making a sweeping generalization of a large company. Tell me one thing EA has done bad since the new management. Personally EA has put out some of my favorite games. Oh wait, I'm only cool if I conform and get on the hate EA bandwagon. EA totally sucks for giving Pvz GW free DLC. Damn them.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

Although I don't hate EA, I do think they are stupid, that deal they struck to make Titanfall exclusive to Microsoft was just stupid, why would they limit themselves like that ? Meanwhile Destiny is going Multiplatform.

and I like FIFA Street, fun game. Dead Space was Awesome, they decided to make a sequel for Mirrors Edge and Plants versus Zombies. They've done so many good things.

ptrpedrohung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By ptrpedrohung
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

@downnice95: I agree. The bitching really isn't the way to go. The best way to make them get better is just stop buying EA games. Plain and simple.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I was okay with EA until online multiplayer became a reality. EA used to have that online community specifically for them that required you to sign into to take advantage of some of their sports titles like Tiger Woods, for example. Also, when they prohibited other games from using licensed vehicles in their racing titles, and rehashing the same garbage sports titles every year with only a few minor tweaks, that's pretty much when I started disliking the company.

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

@firefox59: Read the comments, I think everyone listed some legit beefs with one of the biggest and most out of touch gaming companies in the business!

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

remember the Frostbite joke remember EA is the Illuminati.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC said:

@firefox59: Read the comments, I think everyone listed some legit beefs with one of the biggest and most out of touch gaming companies in the business!

No they didn't. Simple.

B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 B3GV5M63
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

nope. they're pathetic swines.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

EA are pretty much pure douchebags. I still don't like them or like the crap they keep bringing to the table. That's just me though, I don't crap on anyone who does like them.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ AcidTango

Remember the Bank of America fiasco ? A bank tries to screw people out of their homes and yet EA still got the worst company award. People gotta get their priorities straight.

Banks are taking people's homes because they can't afford to pay for them and had no business buying them to begin with. You're right, people need to get their priorities straight, and that means taking responsibility for themselves.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Yeah, it's basically become a meme / fad or whatever for people who think people who play Call of Duty / Battlefield and sports games aren't gamers... Doesn't bother me any.

I love the World Cup games, though I'm sad it's not coming to Xbox One..

I've bought every Madden since 2008 (used to play 2K...It was good then, but now I doubt I'd play anything that isn't Madden), same goes for FIFA and Tiger Woods. Sports are my thing, and they're the games I get most excited about every year. The people who whine about them being the same every year are the people who never play them, because Madden 25 is a lot better than Madden 13...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lulu_Lulu

@ IMAHAPYHIPPO

Actually, on two occasions, The Bank tried to evict people who were up to date on their payments. You don't remember that ?

RerezTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RerezTV
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The larger a company gets the easier it is for people to hate them. EA might not do amazing things every day, but they do try. Even if you outright hate them it's clear that they attempted to improve themselves.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jacanuk

@jer_1 said:

EA are pretty much pure douchebags. I still don't like them or like the crap they keep bringing to the table. That's just me though, I don't crap on anyone who does like them.

And why are EA that? care to elaborate on your one "liner" or are you going to let that speak for it self? which says more about something else then EA.