denhoffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 denhoffi
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Hi everybody, I played the "main story" all the way through with the Hunter class and I leveled up till the max level at 8. Then I tried the Crucible, the PvP, and I was bad, like really bad. I got killed almost immediately every single time I encountered someone to fight. After a while I discovered that the players with the Titan class dominated all the matches and that I could barely make a dent on their shields. Is it really unbalanced or am I missing something? Is there some special gear that I have to get?

(I know there are special vendors for Crucible-only stuff but almost everything is for level 20 so normally nobody can get it right?)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ofcourse its unbalanced, the whole point of any RPG is to make you too weak or too strong.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@denhoffi: You have to level up your class abilities by using them a lot in any of the game modes. I play a Warlock, and I've been taking down others left and right regardless of class, so it really depends on how well you know your class. You just have to know how to use your skills effectively. Titans are the weapon heavy hitters, Warlocks are pure ability users, and hunters fall somewhere in between. You don't need any special gear that I know of. The best thing to do is watch your radar (which itself is an issue) for the moment when enemies are getting close to you so you can prepare. Doesn't mean that it'll keep you alive, but at least you'll know what's coming.

I wouldn't consider it unbalanced. It just doesn't have the kind of progression system you'd find in a traditional FPS multiplayer. The progression is taken directly from the main game, and you're dumped into a match to basically test your newly acquired abilities against other guardians.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

it's not unbalanced across classes, but some of the primary weapons seem kinda gimped. I just recall the scout, pulse and AR's having different damage values in the alpha, but I don't really see it here in the beta. The PvP takes more of a BF approach rather than Halo when it comes to kill speed so that rate of fire seems to take precedence over everything else when it comes to the primary weapons. AR seems to be the only option right now as the other weapons just make you work harder for lesser results. Something they've got to change. The secondary and heavy weapons are all useful, however.

Also, keep in mind that the beta doesn't have the armor variation of the final game, so, playing as a Titan and a Warlock, for a Titan I only have Strength based gear and for a Warlock I only have Discipline. I haven't even seen an Intellect boost drop for Warlock. Basically this means most Titan and Warlock load outs are going to be skewed to melee and grenadier respectively, whereas in the final game you're going to have that option to even things out or to skew them in a different direction depending on your build.

There are also subclasses we haven't seen yet and many skills that have yet to be unlocked. You really can't judge any sort of RPG balance before the end-game as it's always balanced for the end-game, so classes will come into their power at different rates. One class may be a beast early on but come back down to earth by the time you hit the level cap, for example. But class wise, it's pretty even right now given the limited gear available. But it's not like Halo where there's a lot of room for skillful weapon-use. It's more like BF, where you win by getting your gun up first, so you really need to be cautious and learn to watch your radar....twitch speed, basically.

marlobc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By marlobc
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts

Vehicles in Moon map are OP , they should either reduce their damage or increase heavy ammo

jakesmith387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakesmith387
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I don't think it's unbalanced, you just don't understand how the Crucible works. Control isn't meant to be played like Domination in Call of Duty. Once you get how it works, you'll be much better at the game.

http://powerleveled.com/you-dont-understand-destinys-control-crucible-matches-heres-how-scoring-really-works/

annaclara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 annaclara
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

i donot know but your problem is really genuine

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Build up your armor and get a good main weapon, then practice and you'll do fine no matter what class you are.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

You need better weapons and armor. It's to be expected that people will tend to gravitate to the OP'd classes from the start so you have to compensate. If you plan on going into the crucible and your stats are not really that glorious, you're going to have problems. Once I got my hands on an awesome scout rifle as a Warlock, not many could take me down. Even Titans that got the drop on me were taken out with ease, especially if I had my special built up.

Either way, rule of thumb, whatever is the easiest (noobish) and powerful option in these multiplayer games, people will use it. Call it lack of skill, stat building or whatever else, it is what it is. I hope they don't listen to the gripes and keep the essence of the game the way it is now. Once people start complaining about OP in games like this, it gets patched to the point of breaking the game

jakesmith387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jakesmith387

@cejay0813: Even though you're not the first person to leave this comment, you should know that this isn't true. Armor rating doesn't matter outside of Iron Banner. Weapon damage also doesn't matter.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

@jakesmith387 said:

@cejay0813: Even though you're not the first person to leave this comment, you should know that this isn't true. Armor rating doesn't matter outside of Iron Banner. Weapon damage also doesn't matter.

Maybe some things have changed but these things seemed to matter in the alpha. I mean, I thought that was the whole point... pit your character against someone elses with the things you've earned during gameplay. I went in as a low level Warlock and it was very difficult to get kills as my guns seemed to be weaker. A couple of levels later and after I found some relatively stronger guns, I'm cleaning house. I'll do more in-depth research as to the direction they're taking with the crucible. If they're going to apply blanket stats to everyone in the match across the board then the game just lost some of it's luster.

This is one of few reasons I appreciate real MMORPG games (not to say that Bungie ever touted the game as such), if I'm a high level and I got some pretty rare equipment, I should be able to wipe the floor with a lower level challenger or one on a similar level who doesn't have the stats I do.... and vice versa. It encourages the hunt for better weapons and equipment. As far as matchmaking is concerned, the system should work in a way that matches people based on level and general stat totals. Of course that might be easier said than done.

jakesmith387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakesmith387

@cejay0813: outside of Iron Banner, the only differences between players statistically are in your uncommon weapon/armor perks and your character talent tree.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ish_basic
@cejay0813 said:

@jakesmith387 said:

Maybe some things have changed but these things seemed to matter in the alpha. I mean, I thought that was the whole point... pit your character against someone elses with the things you've earned during gameplay. I went in as a low level Warlock and it was very difficult to get kills as my guns seemed to be weaker. A couple of levels later and after I found some relatively stronger guns, I'm cleaning house. I'll do more in-depth research as to the direction they're taking with the crucible. If they're going to apply blanket stats to everyone in the match across the board then the game just lost some of it's luster.

This is one of few reasons I appreciate real MMORPG games (not to say that Bungie ever touted the game as such), if I'm a high level and I got some pretty rare equipment, I should be able to wipe the floor with a lower level challenger or one on a similar level who doesn't have the stats I do.... and vice versa. It encourages the hunt for better weapons and equipment. As far as matchmaking is concerned, the system should work in a way that matches people based on level and general stat totals. Of course that might be easier said than done.

Attack rating doesn't matter. But attack rating is simply weapon level adjusted by rarity.

The actual output of the weapon comes from a combination of its rate of fire and impact with impact basically being what determines the numbers that pop over your opponent's head when you shoot them. So the big number doesn't matter in standard crucible but those impact and ROF stats absolutely do. That's what you're noticing. This is why people covet the Shingen-C and the Cydonia right now, because their combined ROF and Impact equates to a very high dps that's reliable even through latency, unlike the Jigoku scout rifle, which has very high damage but low ROF.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: In Dead Sectors (PvP), stat boosts are actually not in effect.

As I understand the abilities, Dead Sectors is balanced once you reach level eight and have the base abilities and each weapon class. However, the weapons are unbalanced.

I pick the scout rifle because headshots are easy and three is enough to get a kill. If it were fully automatic, it would be the best weapon in the beta even compared to heavy weapons and super powers.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It's in beta. They are doing this so people find the problems and Bungie can fix them.

This is not a final product. It's a test. So many people forget this about betas.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

@BranKetra

Dead Sector ? You mean the guy with the Glaive ? Man I loved that game.... :D

But 3 Headshots ! Thats too many.... One is hard enough as it is.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: the dead sectors are what they call the multiplayer maps. And it's fun and well balanced if you don't play with a Call of Duty or Battlefield mentality.

It's pretty hard to get a one-hit headshot through a shield and a helmet, so it's justified.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Well that Depends, do you always have the Helmet and Shield when you Spawn or is it Pick up Item ?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: You're always wearing armor no matter what. And you have a Halo-style shield system each time you respawn

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Well that sucks.... :(

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: not really. Destiny focuses more on teamwork and strategy as opposed to reflexes and killstreaks. And it's a sci-fi future. The game really wants people to work together in every mode of play. So yes, heavy emphasis on co-op.

BlueMedz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlueMedz

@denhoffi: It's not unbalanced at all, and I actually love how it works. It encourages players to explore more in the single player to get legendary loot and gear to out rival their opponents due to their hard work. And besides, its not only the loot that plays into affect, skill is VERY much needed as you cannot just run and gun throughout the multiplayer matches in just a snap.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#23 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mastermetal777

Well that Depends, do you always have the Helmet and Shield when you Spawn or is it Pick up Item ?

Gear is standard and the same is true for the shield. The beta is available for everyone. I recommend giving it a chance.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It is unbalanced, none of the encounters feel fair and supercharge attacks just feel out of place. It doesn't matter too much, the multiplayer itself is really boring. The single player/co-op aspect is interesting, but the multiplayer is as generic as any tacked on shooter mode.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ish_basic

I wouldn't mind if they altered the interceptor a bit on the Moon. The thing has the movement speed of a ghost and the firepower of a scorpion. Pikes are fine because they actually take some skill to use.

jakesmith387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakesmith387

@Ish_basic: The Interceptor will not only be nerfed, but it's going to move down to just one on the map as well, along side other vehicle changes, according to Bungie, posted on the same site as linked above. Here's the article: http://powerleveled.com/the-destiny-beta-what-you-keep-after-the-beta-is-over/http://powerleveled.com/the-destiny-beta-what-you-keep-after-the-beta-is-over/

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@denhoffi: if this an mmo don't waste your time been warned mmos never get balance right heck most games don't except fighters.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu

@Lulu_Lulu

The two are not mutually exclusive, in CoD, Team Work is useless, but in many other Twitch shooters it works, however it demands that everybody plays with honour, some games can be easily exploired and broken if enough morons try hard enough.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu

@BranKetra

Damn It man.... This whole time I thought you were talking about DARK SECTOR, I have no clue what Dead Sector is. Anyway I don't do online Multiplayer, haven't touched it for two years now. But as soon as I get back into PC Gaming.... I'm gona LAN Hard !

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@jakesmith387 said:

@cejay0813: outside of Iron Banner, the only differences between players statistically are in your uncommon weapon/armor perks and your character talent tree.

This. I feel like people don't understand the how The Crucible PvP/Competitive works. Once you hop into The Crucible, weapon and armor stats are the same for everyone. All scout rifles do the same damage, all pulse rifles do the same damage, etc., etc. As @cejay0813 pointed out, the only difference between players is your respective skills and weapon perks.

Avatar image for viva_la_arsenal
Viva_la_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Viva_la_Arsenal

Auto Rifle with stability under fire perk and you will have no problems shooting dead at the head. Pair that with a shotty for when they get close and you will do really well. I rarely finish below top 2.

The match making and team balance in this game is just horrible. I am constantly playing on teams of 4 vs 6 and there's no rebalance, you have to wait for someone to join in and by that point it's hard to catch up, or you just get dominated to hell.

Upural

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Upural

I play hunter as well and I dominate in almost every game I play in. Just depends on what kind of weapons and armor you have. Also aim for the head :P

jakesmith387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jakesmith387

@upural: If you're not aiming for the head, you're going to have a bad time. I can't count the number of times I've beaten someone by aiming on or around their head.

I also can't count the number of times I've died aiming for the chest :(

Overkill6625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Overkill6625

Its a mmo theres a loser theres a winner i owned alot of titan cuz i dodge every of their specials my hated class is warlock cuz i get owned by warlock every time

U just need teamwork by goin with someone and improve ur damage and armor